Hot Toys: - MMS165 - Spider-Man (black costume version) Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Black Spideys legs can stretch way higher than that!:lol

Interesting Ive been super posing this figure for the last 3 weeks and my suit has held up surprisingly well. In fact I wasnt really comfortable with extreme poses until I got this second Spidey. After seeing how posable the ASM suit/figure was I felt like comparing the blk suit. I also saw your post saying the ASM suit left imperfections after some poses you used and I wanted to see if the blk suit would also. Ill have to post some pics of the poses I came up with,I left Spidey in each pose for a week. Suit is still good as new. But anways there are always QC issues with these figures Ive learned:( If its on the seam you could run some black thread through it and seal it back up...

can you pose him like I did above, to see If I left some flexibility out?
thanks!

edit:looks like one pic you did, let me try again and see what my problem is

nice pics!

he is, just not as flexible as the amazing spiderman

Really??? I think that Black suit is right up there with him, no?

Again, I don't have both so I can't comment, but those pics that were just posted are pretty impressive, compared to the ASM. Very comparable, IMO.

:pray:
Really??? I think that Black suit is right up there with him, no?

Again, I don't have both so I can't comment, but those pics that were just posted are pretty impressive, compared to the ASM. Very comparable, IMO.
The suit isn't the limitation, it's the body
The black one doesn't have the ab crunch movement that the asm does

I'll retry my pose by rotating the legs outward, but the chest down to crotch did seem restricted on the black body

This is my fav spidey suit when comparing the two
As good as the asm suit is, this one is better IMO

I'll retry my pose by rotating the legs outward, but the chest down to crotch did seem restricted on the black body

Ah, ok. I see what you're getting at. Again, I don't have the ASM, so I can't compare. But I didn't even know about the ab difference. Never paid attention to the articulation that the Black Suit had.

Don't damage the ASM though!!!

Ah, ok. I see what you're getting at. Again, I don't have the ASM, so I can't compare. But I didn't even know about the ab difference. Never paid attention to the articulation that the Black Suit had.

Don't damage the ASM though!!!
Lol, I'm not doing anything extreme, u can see the poses a page back
I can say that if u leave the asm in a pose for awhile, it will wrinkle

Luckily, hot toys agreed to replace the asm as it had broken shoulders

Lol, I'm not doing anything extreme, u can see the poses a page back
I can say that if u leave the asm in a pose for awhile, it will wrinkle

Luckily, hot toys agreed to replace the asm as it had broken shoulders

They did?!?! Did you contact them or was this sent out via a mass press release kind of thing?

I know this feeling well.

And me! I've had my toy and comic collection in storage for the past 2 years :thud:

Its almost torture aint it!?

can you pose him like I did above, to see If I left some flexibility out?
thanks!

edit:looks like one pic you did, let me try again and see what my problem is

nice pics!

Thanks! Dont have the sandman base here with me or I would have tried to recapture your pose,couldnt get him to balance out on the reg stand.

Yeah looking at some more pics of ASM it does appear that his ab crunch has a little more flexability than the black. Gonna have to get the ASM suit someday. Not the biggest fan of the design but I know posing him will be just as fun as the others.

They did?!?! Did you contact them or was this sent out via a mass press release kind of thing?
I emailed them, they replied with "send me a video of your broken spidey", I did, they sent me mailing instructions
cost me $26 to mail to hong kong, probably get him back in a couple of weeks if not longer

I emailed them, they replied with "send me a video of your broken spidey", I did, they sent me mailing instructions
cost me $26 to mail to hong kong, probably get him back in a couple of weeks if not longer

Very cool. And good to know. They probably won't honor that for long, so I need to get my hands on one sooner rather than later.

11352112686_9a839809c3_c.jpg

any of you all have a pic of the body underneath
the kids knocked into my display cabinet, thus, knocking spidey off the top and dislocating his left hip

I fear its broken as I cannot find anything on the inside of the hip to hook his leg onto

:(

the kids knocked into my display cabinet, thus, knocking spidey off the top and dislocating his left hip

I fear its broken as I cannot find anything on the inside of the hip to hook his leg onto

its basically a TTM 21 advanced body

This is exactly why I don't have any figures on top of my case. This has happened to me also :( Everything is enclosed No one is jumping off the shelf. (also cause of dust)

This is exactly why I don't have any figures on top of my case. This has happened to me also :( Everything is enclosed No one is jumping off the shelf. (also cause of dust)

yeah, im pretty sure its busted
cant resell him now(if I ever wanted to)
I do have my 1/4 enterbay on top as well, but hes locked into a stand so im not too worried(spidey was being held up by the clip on the sandman base)
guess hes going to be in this pose for a long long time!

Thanks to all the awesome pictures in here.. this guy will be joining my display soon. Initially I did not think you could really pull off the spidey 'look' with a figure so I was going the statue route. But the poses I have seen in here have changed my mind. I'm going to wait for ASM 2 to grab the blue and red suit but I had to grab this black suit with the Toby head and Sandman.

This was the first picture that made me say.. ooohh.. I need to buy this.

And this one had my spidey sense tingling lol

I look forward to joining the Spidey Club!

Back