Hot Toys: - MMS165 - Spider-Man (black costume version) Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woohoo!!

IMG_0715.JPG

IMG_0720.JPG

Amazing pose there. :clap

this figure is so friggin' awesome. one of my favorites.

Agreed! Pulled him out of the case tonight to do a photo session for our upcoming review on him... Had a BLAST posing him around. What a fantastic figure.

blackspidey1.jpg

Sallah

Our review is now up if you'd care to check it out-

blackspidey24.jpg

Here's the link- Hot Toys MMS 165 Black Suit Spider-Man 1/6th Scale Figure Review

...and here's our disclaimer again if you haven't caught our other Hot Toys reviews- Our review style is a bit different than most. Our reviews consist of a bunch of pictures of a figure with an accompanying video of my 10-year-old son Blaze (with guest appearances by my 5-year-old Keaton) and I rambling on about that specific figure. It is fun for us because this is a hobby we share and we feel it is kinda neat to see 2 generations offering their views on a current product. It isn't for everybody though, so I won't be offended if you skip the video and just look at the pics..)

blackspidey13.jpg

Sallah

great poses! Really nice looking figure. I actually kinda liked this movie after the first viewing. But seeing the black suit kinda brings back fun memories...especially with those great poses.

great poses! Really nice looking figure. I actually kinda liked this movie after the first viewing. But seeing the black suit kinda brings back fun memories...especially with those great poses.

Thanks man! I had a blast with this photo-shoot... What a fun figure to pose!

As for the film- Like I said in the review, I think there is some real potential in there, it just gets bogged down with a lot of unnecessary stuff (pretty much the entire Sandman story, dancing, etc). I hear that there is a great edit out there called Spider-Man: Redemption (or something like that) that fixes a lot of these issues. I have been trying to find a copy with no luck... But I'd love to see it sometime!

Sallah

Thanks! $12.99... Ouch. I'm guessing I won't find them cheaper anywhere else.

With as long as that figure has been out, I don't think you're going to find many more sellers doing parts breakdowns with them. $13 shipped isn't so bad considering they are the last ones on ebay. Bought a set myself a few days back. :)

Sallah

Some of the webbing is peeling off the toe, I don't know if anyone else has had this same issue?
So far I haven't notice that happening but there's 2 tiny white marks on the leg below the knee.....I try to rub it off but end up tearing the web :mad: The white mark was there when I received it new. This figure blows the red version away.

No big deal it happens. The suit is a bit of an upgrade from the r&b, but the r&b is still the r&b if ya know what i mean.

Another HT ace fig!

I'm getting impatient without a Venom to go with Spidey.:impatient: Do you guys think Hot Toys will still produce one or should I buy a black Spider-man and make my own?

Back