Hot Toys: - MMS165 - Spider-Man (black costume version) Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have mine leaning against the wall so it won't fall over. Works pretty well and you can't really tell. It's the elbow of the sandman that leans on the wall. There is a way to balance it but you have to have spidey right over top of sandman. Not a very convincing fight pose. Writing the base would be the best option. Or magnets.

Mine has been standing on the base, on top of a detolf for months and hasn't budged.
11-1_zpsdb3be06f.jpg

No nothing happened because I never got it to stay anyway. I just put it back in the box, I always meant to come on here and ask for advice but I just never got around to it

Best of luck anyway. Leaning it against the wall is great advice coming from jedijim :lecture

Thanks for the advice everybody. I think I'll just try to lean it in the case it does start to tip. But it seems ok so far!

Mine has been standing on the base, on top of a detolf for months and hasn't budged.
11-1_zpsdb3be06f.jpg

Wow your tall!

Thanks for the advice everybody. I think I'll just try to lean it in the case it does start to tip. But it seems ok so far!

Another option,get yourself some industrial strength velcro. A small strip is all you'll need. Can buy it buy the inch at most craft stores. Attach a piece to the sandman base and the other piece to the shelf and your good to go. Also the residue if fairly easy to scrub off.

I know this technically isn't the right place for this, but.....I'd love to get a decent Venom 1/6 figure and there is no Hot Toys figure obviously. I did see that there is a RAH Medicom 1/6 Venom that actually looks pretty cool in the photos. What is the overall consensus on this figure, is it worth the money?

I know this technically isn't the right place for this, but.....I'd love to get a decent Venom 1/6 figure and there is no Hot Toys figure obviously. I did see that there is a RAH Medicom 1/6 Venom that actually looks pretty cool in the photos. What is the overall consensus on this figure, is it worth the money?

If you get him for $200 or less, definitely. He's the only Spidey I have and I love the suit. He also poses really well. Just be careful with extreme poses. I accidentally left him in a knee bent position a little too long and it caused some stress to the fabric around that knee. The McGuire sculpt is pretty good too. You should be able to find deals on him on eBay or AE had him cheap I believe.

I have this Venom standing on my display on top of the building that came with the Red/Blue Spiderman. I think he looks good. He is definitetly undersized compared to the Hot Toys Spiderman figures and will look ridiculous if you try to pose them next to each other or in any kind of battle scene.

I guess its a question of would you rather have an undersized Venom or none at all.

I also had the venom with that custom Topher head that was going around. Looked pretty cool on my shelf till I got the HT spidey. I had high hopes for this line and sold my venom a while ago thinking they would make a Bette one. Oh well. Live and learn.

Back