Hot Toys: - MMS165 - Spider-Man (black costume version) Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys: - MMS165 - Spider-Man (black costume version) Official Specs and Pi

SSC puts the UPS label on the brown shipper box and ships it like that with no protection, yeah that's way better.
If you want the brown shipper in pristine condition, order from Cornerstorecomics, or AlterEgoComics.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys: - MMS165 - Spider-Man (black costume version) Official Specs and Pi

This is expensive, but a must for my collection. I just ordered the regular. I don't need the SS exclusive. Hot toys is getting harder and harder to collect. Too expensive to get everything. Many are having to become more selective.

Bingo, i'm a big Spidey fan so this will likely end up in my collection, but i too have passed on many due to bigger prices and have become more selective.

I actually ordered the exclusive. One reason is the resell value might be a little higher down the line with the exclusive and I didn't order from BBTS because for some reason when I have ordered HT figures from them in the past, I never got the original HT shipping brown box. That also tends to hurt the resell value sometimes and it feels a little incomplete. Not that I ever buy a figure purly with the intent to resell it later though.

Of course you don't...

I never understood the desire for SS reward points because the points get negated by the higher price. Consider the cheaper cost from other retailers as the reward points, but you can use those points to buy gas, or food, or beer, or another figure.

Or buy from AE where the price is cheapest AND you get rewards points. I used mine to buy this for $150 shipped.

ORDERED!!! Price is high but then again, I don't buy every single HT out there. You will be surprised at how affordable this hobby is if you don't buy every single release.

Real Tobey have larger eyes, less pointy chin:
69381c07gw1dobccyccjvj.jpg

Sculpt is 98% spot on, the chin is the only difference, (eyes depend on angle)

I like how the suit seems to have a good sheen to it.

I never understood the desire for SS reward points because the points get negated by the higher price. Consider the cheaper cost from other retailers as the reward points, but you can use those points to buy gas, or food, or beer, or another figure.

AHAHAHAHA :lol never thought of it like that, you're right :exactly:

Real Tobey have larger eyes, less pointy chin:
69381c07gw1dobccyccjvj.jpg

Just so people don't start going crazy thinking the red/blue is already in need of a remake; the honeycomb pattern and webbing on the actual production red/blue Spidey is just like the symbiote one shown.

ordered the exclusive going to look great with all my other hottoys

Or buy from AE where the price is cheapest AND you get rewards points. I used mine to buy this for $150 shipped.

And if you're outside the US the reward points are even more useless again because of import duty. Just not worth it for me to order from SS. Theres nothing more annoying than getting an extra bill in the post.

SWEET!

Ordered exclusive through Sideshow. My ordered list is getting a little on the long side.

Bye bye money! :dunno

ordered from SS as soon as the po came out. like mikericm said bye bye money!!!

And if you're outside the US the reward points are even more useless again because of import duty. Just not worth it for me to order from SS. Theres nothing more annoying than getting an extra bill in the post.

That is very annoying, (i'm actually paying one right now) but SSC fantastic replacements procedure mean i'll be getting it through SSC as i had to get a replacement on my red & blue spidey :(

Ordered the Reg, i'm a spidey nut and can't pass on this :lol

Just so people don't start going crazy thinking the red/blue is already in need of a remake; the honeycomb pattern and webbing on the actual production red/blue Spidey is just like the symbiote one shown.

:exactly: Why do people keep comparing it to the red and blue prototype?:slap If your planning to compare the two then do it correctly and compare it to the stock figure as it's vastly superior!:lecture

On the wall with this one I bought blue/red spidey and new goblin already... kind of a shame that Goblin didnt bring the bloody dagger he uses in the fight with pete would have come in handy here...

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMhUKn7IsFo[/ame]​

SS shipping to oz is cheap, making the total cost of a figure around the same as if ordered from AE. But SS don't sting you for return shipping if the product is faulty, whereas AE shipping is non-refundable.

Back