Hot Toys: - MMS165 - Spider-Man (black costume version) Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys: - MMS165 - Spider-Man (black costume version) Official Specs and Pi

Is KA Kim a new artist?? If not what else have they worked on.
Tobey is K.A. Kim's first HT's HS being announced:

K.A.Kim...she is 2nd from the left:
313655_10150371372422344_58690437343_8551990_1712748513_n.jpg

Real Tobey have larger eyes, less pointy chin:
69381c07gw1dobccyccjvj.jpg

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys: - MMS165 - Spider-Man (black costume version) Official Specs and Pi

My Cider House Rules custom figure is gonna be off the hook with that sculpt.

You probably say that in jest, but that was actually something I am considering. I would love to have a set of Tobey, Michael Cain and Charlize Theron in their 1930's style clothing. His look is a bit intense though.

I passed on the red-and-blue Spider-man because I would only really want to display him with his mask off. I will get this head if nothing else.

Edit: Does the head come off the red-and-blue Spidey?

You probably say that in jest, but that was actually something I am considering. I would love to have a set of Tobey, Michael Cain and Charlize Theron in their 1930's style clothing. His look is a bit intense though.

I passed on the red-and-blue Spider-man because I would only really want to display him with his mask off. I will get this head if nothing else.

Edit: Does the head come off the red-and-blue Spidey?

No, the costume is one whole piece.
You could get the red & blue Spidey and use an exacto knife and cut around the base of the neck and see if the head pops off once free from the mask though.

Tobey is K.A. Kim's first HT's HS being announced:

K.A.Kim...she is 2nd from the left:
313655_10150371372422344_58690437343_8551990_1712748513_n.jpg

Real Tobey have larger eyes, less pointy chin:
69381c07gw1dobccyccjvj.jpg

She's hot and an awesome artist...great combo. :)

Which version did you get regular or exclusive?:goodpost:

Ex it's the same price as the regular so why not get the ex. Plus sandman base will work great as a dio setup I will use the classic spidey with the new goblin and hopefully a future venom to recreate the last battle scene

Ex it's the same price as the regular so why not get the ex. Plus sandman base will work great as a dio setup I will use the classic spidey with the new goblin and hopefully a future venom to recreate the last battle scene

No... exclusive you pay for shipping.... regular, it's free shipping... so it's worth it if you're very close to SSC distribution center.

p.s.... This exclusive is (one of HT's most) underwhelming and easily duplicated/re-created.... in fact, you can make a hammer hand that was used to smash Spidey.

I actually ordered the exclusive. One reason is the resell value might be a little higher down the line with the exclusive and I didn't order from BBTS because for some reason when I have ordered HT figures from them in the past, I never got the original HT shipping brown box. That also tends to hurt the resell value sometimes and it feels a little incomplete. Not that I ever buy a figure purly with the intent to resell it later though.

No... exclusive you pay for shipping.... regular, it's free shipping... so it's worth it if you're very close to SSC distribution center.

p.s.... This exclusive is (one of HT's most) underwhelming and easily duplicated/re-created.... in fact, you can make a hammer hand that was used to smash Spidey.

I always buy from sideshow since I get sideshowbucks in return and I dont have to wait like you would buying for bbts which always takes longer and they don't ship it in Its original brown shipper which helps protect the art box. As for your comment on remakes on the sandman it would probably cost me more to get a custom and I don't have the time to create one myself

My T-1000 didn't come with the shipper box either from bbts way back when. I guess that must be standard with those folks then. My Jack Sparrow is on the way right now from them and I'm hopping the shipper is included. Not a deal breaker for me by any means but I like having them for storage.

Good point, I order from SideShow for the rewards points among other things too. They come in handy after you have saved them up.

My T-1000 didn't come with the shipper box either from bbts way back when. I guess that must be standard with those folks then. My Jack Sparrow is on the way right now from them and I'm hopping the shipper is included. Not a deal breaker for me by any means but I like having them for storage.

I orderd T-1000, Black Widow and War Machine and they had no shipper box. It just fells like something is missing from my figures.

Good point, I order from SideShow for the rewards points among other things too. They come in handy after you have saved them up.

When you buy a lot of Collectibles it's great to see something in return so I think the reward points, flex pay and customer service are the selling points that keeps me buying from SSC.

Brown shipper boxes are great for storage and protection of the original box. When I bought from bbts I never got the brown shipper. I think it's important bc I you ever sell your ht some collectors want a mint box and the brown shipper box helps keep the box mint and prevents ding corners

The way bbts packages their shipments more than makes up for the missing brown shipper.

Back