Hot Toys - MMS163 - Predators: 1/6th scale Noland Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not too come off to strong but even when I point the good things about Predators, you guys seem to pay attention to its negatives only. Predators for sure has a big ratio of more positives than negatives but you guys don't seem to recollect any positives. If you think Avpr is better than Predators than I don't know what else to say. Predators wasn't total ____, wasn't ____ at all to me. It was a couple steps in the right direction from Fox. Now if Prometheus is pg-13, Fox is back to square 1. Cg blood is never a good thing. Like Expendables 2 will be mostly all cg blood which is a bummer. Gives a film a bad vibe.

I like the film Predators. Deffo a step in the right direction. The thing that always pisses me off though is when RR and others said in interviews about his Preds being stronger and better than the originals when in fact they weren't (or weren't exectued that way on film).

I think what hurts Predators is that we ALL knew we were gonna get a cheesy film with the AVP films. Predators got hyped up and it was a disaster. IMO it has some fun and neat parts but it sucked major donkey balls as a Predator film.

I like the film Predators. Deffo a step in the right direction. The thing that always pisses me off though is when RR and others said in interviews about his Preds being stronger and better than the originals when in fact they weren't (or weren't exectued that way on film).
It's the same issue that Wolf had. He was supposed to be 100x better than he appeared in the film.

the allegedly "super" predators wasnt really super....they were "special" in a retarded inbred way.

Atleast he had a high alien kill count. Whilst Berserker was cool what was his kill count? Baring in mind P2's was about 26.
Disagree. Other way around imo.

Wolf killed a bunch of Aliens that were not capable of injuring a bunny.

Mr. Black fought and beat the ____ out of a Classic Predator..who did a pretty decent job of fighting back. It was more realistic, more believable. In AvP:R, the Strause tards just threw in a couple dozen MINDLESS aliens to run around and be fodder for the Predator fanboy's Wolf.

Predators was more believable for me, but still had those flaws.

i'd count FATBURN against the "super" preds against them though. took them that long to find his hideout....and what a lousy kill that was.

Not that I heard the mystery about Falconer. But something tells me he's just knocked the F out. 2 swings from the Kantana. I know Nimrod A. said they were "super" but I agree on that point by you's that Falconer could'nt have gone down that easily, which has me and wants me thinking he didn't die, just knocked down unconsious.

I know Predators did have some cg blood like Nolands death and such and such. But most of the blood was actually practical. But all the Predators blood was done cg correct? In the previous films, they used Ky Jellie and mixed it with aluminum glow sticks. I heard all the blood from the preds was done on the green screen. I don't know if thats 100% true.

You guys that somewhat bash the film or give its negativepoints with little or none positive points have even watched the film again sinse its release???? Iv'e heard by many on youtube liked the film more in the 2nd going. Tracker DID NOT know Nickoli had c4 explosives as you can tell by his final grunt before it went off. ( Got you now... o ____) Yes maybe he could of scanned him, but we don't know exactley if he did. I give tracker the slide and accepted that has a good scene. Falconer arrogant???? BS. He wanted a fight by the hands. Hanzo faster? Did you even re-read what you wrote? Maybe he can run fast if that's what you meant. I also accepted that as a good scene. Something that was in P2 similar but you got the more goods in this 1. Falconer did not die, just knocked out. You guys need to watch the Blu-ray extras. Alot of interesting say from the studio that is worth hearing. "Predators is not a remake but an expansion set in another time world were the human "predators" are the hunted." Yes there were a couple nods that were nice throwbacks to the series. Give the damn movie a break if you dislike it that much which is hard to belive a good handful would. Predator 2 1990/ Predators 2010, that's 20 damn long years. Unless you guys want to be in your late old years for the next sequal. . .

Predators for sure has a big ratio of more positives than negatives but you guys don't seem to recollect any positives. If you think Avpr is better than Predators than I don't know what else to say.

At least AVP Let us see the Predators Throughout the movie and Not at the End...
I Love predator, I love Predator 2, I like Avp, not love it, they suck, Predators was a much better directed film, predators had better actors than Avp, predators had better cinematography, better sets, interesting story,
AND They Killed all those positive points with trying to remake Predator 1 in disguise, and failed, and barely showed the predators,
This is what I mean, the predator in predator 1 was barely shown in the movie up to the last 20 minutes, it was building suspense and we didn't know how the predator looked, so they show him little by little, until the big reveal. Predator 2 Had MORE screen time, because we Already Knew how he looked like and what he did.. Avp 1 and 2, same thing, he was hiding but we got to see a lot of Scar and Wolf,

then we get to predators... predators is not a remake, I Know, but that idiot was trying to recreate the suspense of the first one, that is my biggest complain, that is the fail, we already know everything about them. trying to recreate the slow suspense of the first one was stupid, specially when you have Three predators, that makes this fail even bigger, I know what they were trying to do, but the predators should have had more screen time, scar and Wolf got a lot more screen time than Berserker, and that makes me mad. Tracker could have done so much more, Falconer was amazing, and we barely saw either one, WTF? that's what I mean. the movie looks amazing, the lighting is beautiful, the night shots look beautiful. but all that is wasted on a really long period of the human characters walking around and talking, and then more walking, and then more talking, too much talking, talking talking talking.... the movie cared so much about the humans and about the suspense that the predators feel like background extras....in their own movie. Avp sucked, But at least they knew and got this right, scar is a main character in his movie, and we get to see wolf, it just hurts that predators could have been so Kickass, is just okay, could have been awesome...:monkey2
I read somewhere back when PREDATORS was release that RR did not want this picture have anything to do with AVP. If that was the case why did he follow the same blueprint of three Predators?
He resserected the “three predator” idea when it could have been a forgotten.

Also the timing of the Predators demise. Tracker/Gills (very little screen time and were done fast). Falconer/Celtic only screen time in a one to one battle and dead, Berserker/Celtic main Predators.
You almost wonder why even have the two Predators.
this is what I mean too. they could have had 2 predators, or 1, OR if you have 3 predators, Give each predator some screen time, tracker looked amazing,for like 5 seconds..

I completely agree with you Black Mask 100% spot on. But just a couple things. 1) the talking in mid-way led to the development of Noland. 2) Robert Rodriguez said these human predators are likely to kill each other off before they meet the real predators to justify the horror movie's employments. + it was part of there characters- nasty fighters. Yes I know it's a yautia creature movie but in fairness, all the ideals hatched from both Rodriguez and Antal made it in with time share equally. The Predators were shown in fair amount IMO, yes it could of been more, but unless your going overboard of the 2hr or so mark, the "characters menace to there appearing areas" gets taken away, which is why I said in fairness, equally right there. Yes I love Predators cinamatography, just beautiful. The night shots look awsome and Berserkers reveal on Blu-ray looks crystal clear.

I completely agree with you Black Mask 100% spot on. But just a couple things. 1) the talking in mid-way led to the development of Noland. 2) Robert Rodriguez said these human predators are likely to kill each other off before they meet the real predators to justify the horror movie's employments. + it was part of there characters- nasty fighters. Yes I know it's a yautia creature movie but in fairness, all the ideals hatched from both Rodriguez and Antal made it in with time share equally. The Predators were shown in fair amount IMO, yes it could of been more, but unless your going overboard of the 2hr or so mark, the "characters menace to there appearing areas" gets taken away, which is why I said in fairness, equally right there. Yes I love Predators cinamatography, just beautiful. The night shots look awsome and Berserkers reveal on Blu-ray looks crystal clear.
the time between humans and preds was not shared equally, I really think they spent way too much time just talking, What I mean is, Why would the preds give them so much time to discuss their situation, they had way too much time to sit around and talk, I kinda wish they were being hunted for real from the beginning, no time to rest type of thing, the end was like that,

and, the reason I get mad and frustrated with Antal is because in the commentary Robert does say more than once that "he would have started showing the preds earlier in the film, like, If Rodriguez was the director I think the movie would have had more action and have longer fights, he says it himself, he says he likes that Antal kept the suspense and not showing them too early, but that always makes me think, he says he would have shown the preds earlier and have the fights earlier, which is why I dont like Antal,

tropical-forest-wallpaper.jpg

the time between humans and preds was not shared equally, I really think they spent way too much time just talking, What I mean is, Why would the preds give them so much time to discuss their situation, they had way too much time to sit around and talk, I kinda wish they were being hunted for real from the beginning, no time to rest type of thing, the end was like that,

and, the reason I get mad and frustrated with Antal is because in the commentary Robert does say more than once that "he would have started showing the preds earlier in the film, like, If Rodriguez was the director I think the movie would have had more action and have longer fights, he says it himself, he says he likes that Antal kept the suspense and not showing them too early, but that always makes me think, he says he would have shown the preds earlier and have the fights earlier, which is why I dont like Antal,

If there is another Predator film made they just need to give us the one Predator character. Build the suspense up over a shorter time and give us lots of Predator scenes like P2/ Scar/ Wolf had on film.

I agree, although I did love Predators and I loved Nimrods direction, I will be happy either way whoever directs the sequel Predators 2. Maybe I'd lean more towards RR to see his taste in things more. A predators sequel was confirmed during comic con 2010, been awhile since.

Back