Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got the GI Joe WWII Harley for $35 on eBay and it looks great. Not an incredible paint job (no weathering) but is still a cool addition to my collection. I don't think I'd pay the crazy price for the one coming out--but I'm also completely satisfied with the Toy Legends Bat Armory so won't be getting the Hot Toys version just because it's Hot Toys brand.

I just got the GI Joe WWII Harley for $35 on eBay and it looks great. Not an incredible paint job (no weathering) but is still a cool addition to my collection. I don't think I'd pay the crazy price for the one coming out--but I'm also completely satisfied with the Toy Legends Bat Armory so won't be getting the Hot Toys version just because it's Hot Toys brand.

Speaking of the BatArmory I think in this case Hot toys reverse engineered the Toy legends one which is usually the other way around its probably not that much different and they might have made a few upgrades

I had a feeling that the were not done with that batsuit its to good of suit to restrict to a one time batch

I pulled cap off the shelf to see if the shield was deteriorating, fortunately still looking as great and shiny as the first day I opened him. Which is still my opinion of the figure as well. Great figure need to go pull the Red Skull and snap some pics later on tonight.

Such a simple pose, but damn he looks ready to go kick some ***.

I guess people don't read every thread like someone thought... other thread isn't getting views/replies so I thought I'd try this one to get some opinions and thoughts...

Which head do you think works better with this figure?

Thank you in advance!

I guess people don't read every thread like someone thought... other thread isn't getting views/replies so I thought I'd try this one to get some opinions and thoughts...

Which head do you think works better with this figure?

Thank you in advance!

The first one!

I need to pick this guy back up. I had him at one point and decided to move him but he's definitely a guy I've had seller's remorse over. Time to start searching the For Sale section. :)

Thanks for the replies everyone! Looks like more people like the unmasked look. Now I just have to figure out how to get the head/neck to stay solid since it is loose and wiggles a bit.

It looks good with his mask off, but maybe try the rescue sculpt if you have it. He looks a little less angry!
Also, there's something going on with that pouch on his belt.

Haha, yeah, I had to flip that over as well as bend the sidearm holster back in the shape. I may give the Rescue head a go but then I wouldn't have a head for him that could wear the helmet. I may pick up a spare one if anything but I'll try to use what I have for now to use up all my parts.

I need to pick this guy back up. I had him at one point and decided to move him but he's definitely a guy I've had seller's remorse over. Time to start searching the For Sale section. :)

You can definitely get him for cheaper than retail. I got mine with a 25% off coupon at Cornerstore Comics, but I've seen these selling on eBay for roughly the same price.

another one to add to the flaking category! its been boxed and stored. opened the box and a couple flakes from just sitting. left it on the counter untouched as i was planning on coating with the tamiya semi-gloss. i went to spray it and before i did, i blew on it a couple times to make sure no dust... bammo... more flaked off!!! could not believe it! simple breathing on it and it came off! i touched up the spots w/ a little of the old lady's nail polish to cover it then cleared it. may strip it and do the repaint down the road to make it perfect, but not sure... BUT it is 1000 times better looking w/ the clear coat! looks so much more realistic now.

I overhauled the Joe Harley, stripped it down and completely reprinted the frame, parts and wheels. Got the pieces back together and started to mod the bike to be the Cap FA version. I am about 85% of the way done. Thought I would share some progress. I think it looks really nice. I have to finish the back of the bike and weather up the saddlebags still, but I think it already looks 1,000 xs better than the original.

EF3BCE64-40CD-4C75-99CB-EE9AF5015FC2-3702-000002ADF5513D36_zpsd40ef0cd.jpg

21269580-8C7A-4765-8101-EFC63294D21C-3702-000002AE10D390CA_zps7f1be159.jpg

521858AE-3982-4BA8-AA20-3F23795CE705-3702-000002AE28277C02_zpsbe882da7.jpg

F5634E59-1DEA-47B8-8A5D-7031A8F66294-3702-000002AB04C280EB_zps277b7ca2.jpg

010207F7-91DA-4594-A7CA-C1E9081EA9BC-3702-000002AB45519805_zpse607bf43.jpg

^^^ Very nice! How does he look sitting on that? It looks a little bit small, no? but maybe that's the angle?

Well it looks like i now have a soon to be battle damaged shield, picked up a new display case and moved my hot toys into it the other night only to discover paint flaking on caps shield,dosnt appear to be too bad so ill give it a spray of clear coat, funny, its been in a display case since i first got it years ago and i never noticed it, i even looked at it when reports were first being reported on here that the paint was coming off, i thought i dodged the bullet so to speak, but no, it has begun...

Back