Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah. spangled cap is cool.
i used custom avengers steve roger headsculpt.
you can find it on evilbay. :)

sent from IPAD mamalemon

My first figure. Working on a kitbash. Need a neck joint and a body with better shoulder articulation and larger quads.

IMG_20140130_175115.jpg

Thanks Bar! I'm liking the way this one is turning out. I need to go back through this thread and remember who it was that did such a good job of removing the TFA helmet for a stand alone accessory and reach out to him (wasnt you was it?)

Next up I want to do another Cap kitbash based on Reborn
captain_america_reborn.jpg

actionfiguremovies did an excellent example (pg 759) but I want to use SSM boots & gloves. Any thoughts on what body is going to fill out the Captain Action suit the best without ripping it?

Thanks Bar! I'm liking the way this one is turning out. I need to go back through this thread and remember who it was that did such a good job of removing the TFA helmet for a stand alone accessory and reach out to him (wasnt you was it?)

Barry is the man for the job indeed! He did one for me recently and I've been meaning to get some (half assed) pics up but I've been so busy this week. I'm going to try to share later. For now I can say that he does an unbelievable job and it's completely worth it!

Barry is the man for the job indeed! He did one for me recently and I've been meaning to get some (half assed) pics up but I've been so busy this week. I'm going to try to share later. For now I can say that he does an unbelievable job and it's completely worth it!

Then get the pics taken, dagnabbit!
I've been waiting for you to post them all week, lol.

Next up I want to do another Cap kitbash based on Reborn
View attachment 91327

actionfiguremovies did an excellent example (pg 759) but I want to use SSM boots & gloves. Any thoughts on what body is going to fill out the Captain Action suit the best without ripping it?

Excellent. That is a great look.
And it was me. PM replied to.

^^^^ You were just talking to him... LOL

Lol, yep.
Thanks.

Then get the pics taken, dagnabbit!
I've been waiting for you to post them all week, lol.

:lol:lol Sorry dude. There is so much happening on the forum and my limited time is spread all over the place

I'll echo myself. The work that he does on this is incredible! It really is done to perfection and it blows my mind how clean and finished he makes this. This is an extremely delicate job!

I really dug the packaging and thought it was a really cool touch. The wrapping paper and box have the Username logo that is very recognizible to many of us avid boardies.

As I said, the mod itself is super clean and I can't even believe how much he is able to salvage. He finishes off the inside with a gloss black coating. The end result is so professional, neat and crisp it could easily be something that would come in a Hot Toys set made in the HT factory.

Didn't have much time to settle on a perfect pose so this is an unfutzed quickie and how he is temporarily displayed for now

Steve Rogers as Robocop :lol

I love this mod and feel it enhances the fig big time! Thanks Barry!!!

Haha. Brilliant. And you even took the time to photograph the box.
It's just a small touch, but i have a stencil i made for my logo. Glad you enjoyed that.
And great pics of the lid. It's finished off your Cap in style.

Yup. I need this guy back on my shelf. Had one once and thought I didn't really want/need him and sold him and now I want it back. Time to go scour the For Sale section.

Very nice custom; I love the helmet in particular. Makes me want to go rewatch First Avenger again.

Back