Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly! Let me know when you're coming round. I'll make sure there's plenty of ice.

Thanks. Glad someone likes them!
There are so many Obama customs out there, all played for laughs, so I wanted to have a go.
Like it or not, President Obama is in charge, so he truly is "Captain of America" right now, so there's a bit of irony there too.

Obama seems to have a sense of humor. Perhaps he will dress up as CPT. A. for Halloween or something. :lol

Oh, and i took some pics of what the helmet looks like off the headsculpt.

IMG_2394.jpg

IMG_2395.jpg

IMG_2396.jpg

IMG_2397.jpg

IMG_2398.jpg

Yup. I did the same thing with an extra head I bought. Did some damage to the helmet but it looks nice under his arm with the avengers head.

Yup. I did the same thing with an extra head I bought. Did some damage to the helmet but it looks nice under his arm with the avengers head.

This helmet is spotless though. The back underside isn't split, and the eye covers are intact and completely unbroken... This is how it's *done*, son...
:wink1:

I originally bought this head(And my entire TFA suit) to make a "late-1800's era" Batman.
I have already made the mould for the helmet shown above, and intend to sculpt Bat-ears on one of the castings so that i can get that custom made. He will be more of a steampunk looking gadgy.
I am hoping the casts of the lid fit back over the original head. That will really simplify things for me...
:rotfl

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Avengers-H...8184?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item20cde2fb28

Auctions like this one on ebay really make my day:lol Read the description. Apparently if you buy it now he'll even throw in The First Avengers DVD for free. What a deal!:rotfl

Haha. That's hilarious.
His Jack Sparrow/Angelica Combo is only about twice what it costs to buy them both even now...

How exactly do I put the AVN Steve Rogers sculpt on here? Do I have to purchase an extra neck peg?

Nope. The neck peg from Cap works with almost any other sculpt.
I was fortunate enough to get a cracking deal recently from a member here for TFA Cap(I owned a set of clothes + the shield, which i have had on my "Obama-Cap" figure), and part of the deal was also the Avengers Cap head(I would have preferred the Rescue Version Sculpt, but this one will do).
So now i have a full Cap figure.
Buy War Bonds! Help Cap and President Obama defeat those terrorists that kidnapped Tony Stark!

SAM_0072_zpsd30ef546.jpg

SAM_0084_zpsccc3d84f.jpg

SAM_0087_zps4c6977ed.jpg

I like the way you have your captain displayed. I did the same thing. I was actually planning on selling The First Avenger CA when I got the Avengers version, but he just looks so much better now with the BD shield and Chris Evans HS. I don't think this figure is going any where now.

Does your figure have the longer ankle pegs?

Mine does and now he looks so much better when pose next to other marvel HT figures.

007.JPG

008.JPG

I like the way you have your captain displayed. I did the same thing. I was actually planning on selling The First Avenger CA when I got the Avengers version, but he just looks so much better now with the BD shield and Chris Evans HS. I don't think this figure is going any where now.

Does your figure have the longer ankle pegs?

Mine does and now he looks so much better when pose next to other marvel HT figures.
Your figure looks great too. Mine just has the regular pegs i think. But i make longer pegs myself. I drill through a set of small pegs from both ends, then chop the peg in half. Then i add aluminium tubing the thickness of the drilled holes and to the desired length. I received a suit last week from a member here and the jacket was slightly long. On a TTM body with normal footpegs, the legs looked like a dwarf...
So i made some super long pegs(fully 30mm long), and popped them in there. Now i reckon i need to extend the wrist pegs by about 15mm, but for now, the legs look better(Pics at the end of this post)

How cute, Cap is about to deploy with the big man (and his boss) himself! :mwaha

Lol. I know. I was going to reuse the body on "Obama-Cap" when my other Cap arrived, but i like having him on display next to Rogers. The only thing which would make the display better is a Rescue Version Cap head. But Ebay prices are $100 and i'm not paying that...

I need an empty helmet. Sheesh thats awesome.

Thanks. There's not a mark on it(I have seen some that have been partially destroyed getting the lid off). It took me about half an hour to get the helmet off.
And it looks great displayed under his arm.
I am planning on making moulds of my open helmet to cast them in resin.
I know casting HT parts is frowned upon, but they don't produce an open lid, so i can't see the harm in make a few just for me.

IMG_2414.jpg

IMG_2415.jpg

IMG_2416.jpg

just got this figure recently. looks great, but it would have been nice if they had provided a hydra weapon instead of the same machine gun that came with the rescue version.

The Pres!

Okay. Excuse my lousy images. I just went and bought a camera that is not wanting to take images that my iPhone could do a better job of...
In any case, i took one of Steve flying a Reeve body, but the only darker skinned body i have on the shelf is a bit too dark(And the neck is not joined like the Reeve body...).
If you can try and avoid looking at the glaring gap at the neck joint, i hope these are what you wanted.
Let me know if you want specific poses and i'll see what i can do. I left the superman suit on that body for now.
Oh, and a jokey flyby movie at the end of the images...

SAM_0119_zps88cc8b28.jpg

SAM_0124_zpscb792d30.jpg

SAM_0128_zpsfc8c1eeb.jpg

SAM_0131_zpsd18b3a06.jpg

SAM_0136_zps05009952.jpg

SAM_0137_zpsaf6ac9d5.jpg

SAM_0139_zpsb410953c.jpg

SAM_0140_zps58ac67e3.jpg

[ame]https://youtu.be/h3L_R_IzP2Q[/ame]

Back