Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry if this now off topic....:lol

But I went to repose my TFA Captain tonight and discovered his shield's red paint is bubbling up and flaking off at the slightest touch.

I haven't gone back far enough past the superman stuff to see if this has happened to anyone else.

First issue I've had with any of my figures after owning them and displayed on the shelf.

I've ordered another one but the shield is likely beyond saving unless any other member had discovered a fix..

Any insight greatly appreciated.

now some wallpapers of mine cap. enjoy.

americas0bpwnh679.jpg

americaa1hdp9yo0gt6.jpg

americaa111111af4xmwugib.jpg

americaa1115muzobrt0a.jpg

americaa111111bfadpgq95v.jpg

americaa11113o5abfhigd.jpg

americaa1111173bpue15g4.jpg

americaa111111e4i5r6lagq.jpg

americaa11111149ykwibmvf.jpg

americaa111111wu72jsznqt.jpg

I like the way you have your captain displayed. I did the same thing. I was actually planning on selling The First Avenger CA when I got the Avengers version, but he just looks so much better now with the BD shield and Chris Evans HS. I don't think this figure is going any where now.

yea I agree. Love the way he looks with the BD shield and Evans sculpt. That's how I have mine displayed right now. Once I got the BD shield I also dirtied up his uniform and weathered the helmet a bit

I really like this costume better than the Avengers one althought that looks great too. I had to trade out the foot pegs with the extras he came with to make him the right height though. My only qualm with this figure is the shield. I had read about fellow board members having the paint start to chip and my shield has the signs of this on the very edge as well now. Its not due to heavy use or anything just seems to be the paint and the plastic not bonding well. I am reading that the Avengers Cap is doing the same thing. I really want to get the Avengers Cap but I was wondering if anyone has found a paint that will repair the shield. Otherwise both figures really look great.

James

Surprised it took them so long to offer it here. It was spotted on their eBay awhile ago. It's a great sculpt though for sure and having had some of Snyder-man's stuff in the past, it will look even better in hand

Back