Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some quick snaps with new Avengers head sculpt...
Cap2.jpg

Cap1.jpg

I have a question, What are some of you doing about the paint flaking off the shield other than getting a new one? Is there any paint out there that's pretty close to the red on the shield?

I have a question, What are some of you doing about the paint flaking off the shield other than getting a new one? Is there any paint out there that's pretty close to the red on the shield?

I have two shields with zero defects, one on Cap and one on Obama.
If you have any problems, you just need to go to a store that sells automotive paints, mask off the back, prime the front and respray it.

I did a little *surgery* on a Cap head i had sitting spare.
I dremelled the head away inside until it could be pulled loosed and i then removed the leather parts and reattached them to the helmet.
Now it looks like Cap just took his lid off.

IMG_2584_zpsab4f3279.jpg

IMG_2585_zpsb51c82f5.jpg

IMG_2582_zps74ca4bb0.jpg

IMG_2586_zpsc2b2df11.jpg

IMG_2593_zpsfeab621a.jpg

IMG_2587_zps9d4aa96a.jpg

IMG_2588_zps4886907b.jpg

IMG_2590_zpsd21bf376.jpg

IMG_2591_zpscee3105d.jpg

IMG_2592_zpsd39184ab.jpg

I dremelled the head away inside until it could be pulled loosed and i then removed the leather parts and reattached them to the helmet.

IMG_2593_zpsfeab621a.jpg

this looks really cool! Pity I missed the first Avenger Cap or else that's how I would have him displayed...

no bd shield for you though?

IMG_2588_zps4886907b.jpg

Good job. :clap Now just make a mold of it :monkey3

Lol. If i thought it wouldn't be frowned upon and that anyone would buy the copies, i'd get the thing cast up by a friend of mine who does casting for a living. I doubt anyone would want to pay $25 for an empty helmet.

this looks really cool! Pity I missed the first Avenger Cap or else that's how I would have him displayed...

no bd shield for you though?

Thanks. He does look great, but i wish i was able to find someone selling a Rescue version headsculpt. I'd prefer that to the Avengers unmasked sculpt. No-one is selling that head though.
As for the shield, i haven't come across anyone selling the battle damaged shield.

IMG_2592_zpsd39184ab.jpg

Beautiful work brother, I also have a spare head that I've wanting to try that on but have been too lazy but after seeing how well it turned out I'm have to get on it.

He looks really good with the Avengers head sculpt. That's how I would display him if I had him.

Thanks. There are a lot of Avengers heads for sale out there. There's never been a better time to pick one up.

Beautiful work brother, I also have a spare head that I've wanting to try that on but have been too lazy but after seeing how well it turned out I'm have to get on it.

Well i had to dremel nearly the entire head out because there was a lot of superglue in this one.
Just use a grinder head and keep removing the head from the inside till you reach the helmet lid underside, then work your way outwards till the headsculpt pops out. It's a tricky job. When it pops out, all you do is remove the strap and side parts and attach them back to the helmet.

Managed to snag a Rescue Version headsculpt last week on Ebay for a good price, and swapped it out, replacing my Avengers snarling sculpt(Which is okay, but i far prefer the Rescue Sculpt). I know others have done this before, but i think he looks the business now.

SAM_0221_zps219d9698.jpg

SAM_0219_zps7ca36c9c.jpg

SAM_0218_zps0269f8b7.jpg

SAM_0217_zpsabe51e56.jpg

Looks great! I may buy the HS separately now instead of buying the whole figure. Provided the price isn't too outrageous!

Looks great! I may buy the HS separately now instead of buying the whole figure. Provided the price isn't too outrageous!

It's a far superior sculpt.
It's also a bit smaller than most, as it has to fit under his metal helmet of the Rescue version.
I'd recommend it over the Avengers unmasked sculpt as it's a cleaner overal sculpt of Evan's face, and the closest(In my opinion) to his look in the movies.
But you will be looking at at least $100 for the head, maybe even more.

It's a far superior sculpt.
It's also a bit smaller than most, as it has to fit under his metal helmet of the Rescue version.
I'd recommend it over the Avengers unmasked sculpt as it's a cleaner overal sculpt of Evan's face, and the closest(In my opinion) to his look in the movies.
But you will be looking at at least $100 for the head, maybe even more.

Ouch. If that's the case, I'll just buy the entire figure. :(

Ouch. If that's the case, I'll just buy the entire figure. :(

My problem was that I wanted just the head sculpt.
If I bought the whole figure, I'd just display the whole figure and STILL need a separate head sculpt...
I may yet pick up the rescue version.
But I now have the best head sculpt to go with my Cap, whatever happens.

Back