Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone trying to remove the helmet from their TFA version to get an empty helmet please heed this advice.

Did you try the boil and pop method? I didn't do mine right. I forgot to boil it and tried to pry it out and ended up cracking it in several spots. Under the eyes, on one side and up the back. It's on there good.

I would first peel off all the brown rubber parts carefully. They will peel off especially if you boil first. Then try several attempts at boil and pop. There are tracks inside the head where tabs from the helmet run through. These are glued together so a pull straight up will get it off if you can loosen the glue. I would grab it from the sides and back and wiggle it back and forth to loosen the bond.

Hopefully you'll have better luck than me.

After drooling over mine for months and professing how ready he was to have his first "display only" toy, my 10-year-old son Blaze opened his first Hot Toy this Christmas morning...

EF7F36A1-E272-41CB-965B-7248FDC76600-2666-0000024D9445CFB7.jpg

He was FLOORED. Even though we knew he was responsible enough to take care of it, we played it up and convinced him we didn't think he was quite ready so it made it a complete surprise. He is a HUGE Cap fan and is super proud of what he now calls the centerpiece of his collection. :yess:

Sallah

After drooling over mine for months and professing how ready he was to have his first "display only" toy, my 10-year-old son Blaze opened his first Hot Toy this Christmas morning...

EF7F36A1-E272-41CB-965B-7248FDC76600-2666-0000024D9445CFB7.jpg

He was FLOORED. Even though we knew he was responsible enough to take care of it, we played it up and convinced him we didn't think he was quite ready so it made it a complete surprise. He is a HUGE Cap fan and is super proud of what he now calls the centerpiece of his collection. :yess:

Sallah

Awesome story Sallah! Great kid.

Agreed! Merry X-Mas to him! :clap

Now that he's hooked, what's next for him?

We (yes, I helped) just gave birth to a baby boy. It'll be a dream come true for him to share the same joy and excitement as me regarding these collectibles. Although, he has to get a job once he's able to start walking...LOLOL

I always liked this suit better than the avengers one, I'm thinking about getting this figure. Does anyone else prefer this costume? Something seems odd about the other one, the figure doesn't pop for me.

Ok, I am going to hate myself for asking, is there a Captain America civillian outfit like stark from a 3rd party company? I keep seeing posts with the with same t-shirt and now jacket and pants?

Short version : Where did this version of Captain America come from? - absolutely fantastic!

Nice pics, I still prefer TFA uniform over the Avengers one. It has the "Ultimate" look which I like more, plus Cap looks more bulkier in TFA uniform.

Back