Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
are there any tips on how to attach the shield onto Captain's hand? what's the best way to insure a snug fit so it doesn't drop off? thanks!

Hair dryer the shield strap hand first, and carefully open it enought to get it around the shield strap. Then work the arm through the other strap and unless the hand has cooled off pop the peg into the hand and you should have it.

My additions to my TFA Captain America, now all I'm waiting on is the Avengers version Battle Damage Shield.

CustomTFACaptainAmerica.jpg

:drool

How did you remove the helmet from the original TFA head? Was it difficult?

The rescue Steve head looks great on the figure, too!

I bought an extra TFA head off EBay (they're pretty cheap) and stayed over the stove and a pot of boiling water for over an hour gentle prying and pulling on the head. The leather looking pieces were easy, but the helmet was a pain. I had to use a tiny screw driver to pry and even though I was careful I still managed to crack the loops under the eyes. I had to heat and super glue them back to their original shape. Then I had to trimmel out the left over plastic from the head out of the helmet.

Then I found that the prying and hot water had left a lot of white stressed areas on the helmet (plus I think it lost oils from the plastic) so I covered the thing with Vaseline and left it alone for few days. When I wiped away the excess the helmet was back to being blue; a darker blue then it had even been before. Then I just glued all the leather bits back where they were and that was it.

Yes, burning my fingers (though nothing like second or third degree) wasn't fun either, but I was pleased how it finally turned out. I would like to have left one side of the chin strap hanging loose, but it kept curling back up so I just attached it where it had been and left it.

Hi guys! I want to show you my new hot toys..an awesome fig..Captain America!
Here's in Italy there too much difficult found any hot toys fig..but anyway i search and i finally found it and i'm so really happy!
I'm waiting 4 a new display to show this figure in my other collection..by the way here's it!
Hope you'll enjoy it!

orpbvb.jpg

2w74w8i.jpg

33kzubt.jpg

2z4effd.jpg

2d6fj9.jpg

29xsuub.jpg

:)

Here's in Italy there too much difficult found any hot toys fig..but anyway i search and i finally found it and i'm so really happy!
I'm waiting 4 a new display to show this figure in my other collection..by the way here's it!
Hope you'll enjoy it!

orpbvb.jpg

2w74w8i.jpg

33kzubt.jpg

2z4effd.jpg

2d6fj9.jpg

29xsuub.jpg

sorry 4 the other thread..i know this is the right:)

Nice pics man! :hi5:

Yep - he's one of HT's best so far. There'll no doubt be new figures by the nature of his suit changing through the films etc - but for me, this guy's the one & only. :cool:

Anyone know when sideshow is supposed to get more of these in stock, or should I just get one off of Ebay?

Get it off ebay, you might be waiting a long time if you go with sideshow since its on backorder

Hope you'll enjoy it!

orpbvb.jpg

2w74w8i.jpg

33kzubt.jpg

2z4effd.jpg

2d6fj9.jpg

29xsuub.jpg

sorry 4 the other thread..i know this is the right:)

Gorgeous figure. So glad I own him too. Congrats on yours!

This figure has the muscle body which already has less articulation than a regular True type, plus the shoulder pads are glued down for a better look and limits arm movement even more. Some are switching the body out since the suit is kind of bulky it fills it out, but I don't change the poses of my Hot Toys very often so it doesn't bother me.

Back