Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. Great figure. One of my absolute favs. Great movie too. Must have seen it a dozen times. Just something about it. Very well made. I wasn't a Cap fan till the movie but now I'm on the bandwagon.

Absolutely, I wasn't a huge fan either - the first film really got me excited about the character.

Here's my Captain. Perfect condition, both a straight star and A on his helmet, as well as the taller foot pegs.

DSC02363.jpg

Here's a pic of mine:
SDC11449.jpg

I wasn't a fan of Cap too till I watched CA:TFA..Evans really delivered a convincing performance in that one

i'm considering either this or the avengers version...
if i get this version, it will be my first HT figure ever that i can have on hands (pre-ordered Avengers Mark VII) as Toy2 has it in stock. :yess:

from a HT newbie, looks to me that this version's costume as much more details than the Avengers version... in which i prefer. but what's the advantages of the Avengers version comparing to this one?
which would you guys recommend?

It's about what suit you prefer - the soldier look, or the Avengers suit.

I think the Avengers suit looks like complete @$$.. but your mileage may vary.. :huh :lol

Personally, I like both! I say buy one now and get TA version later. If you decide you only want one CA down the road, then sell one or the other that's not your favorite.

This might just be the bang for the buck figure I have been looking for as my first Hot Toy. TOO MANY CHOICES!!

So is the General Concensus a "Thumbs Up" on the likeness?

I really love the realistic version of the helmet.

I have been admittedly lax on staying on top of new HT releases and spent an hour catching myself up on the various 1/6 Cap offerings..so overwhelming!

They all look great, but I just do not like the helmeted version of upcoming Avengers version. The rescue version is cool, but I would prefer a version with more of the classic look. The FA version is great and probably the direction I will take.

Thanks for the input guys!

I got the CIAN Evans head to go on mine. Not bad. The neck is a bit thin but it'll do for now till the rescue head comes down in price or the Avengers head is parted out.

i found a deal locally from a private seller. just to make sure, since this will be my very first HT figure, is there bootleg capt. america? any ways to tell to make sure i'm getting the real deal?

This might just be the bang for the buck figure I have been looking for as my first Hot Toy. TOO MANY CHOICES!!

Cap is a great choice for sure. it was my first HT figure after having to sell a lot of my HT for financial reason. kind of like my come back figure. He was literally the only figure I re-bought after all the HT I sold off. it's just too good of a figure

finally got it. love this figure and the details. maybe cuz this is my first HT :panic:

PO'd the mark 7... can't wait... :pray:

pic time: :yess:
2q9la4l.jpg

Last edited:
Back