Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup.
IMG_0131.jpg
IMG_0130.jpg
IMG_0132.jpg
IMG_0133.jpg

Yeaaahhh.....
I won't be trying that out, lol.
Looks like Robocop at the end of the first movie!
I'll sculpt the bat ears right onto the helmet and mask carefully before painting...
The suit will be hardest. It will have to be dyed totally black.
I am sure it will work out.

Yikes. Some things can't be unseen! :thud:

That being said, i just won one on Ebay for $10 shipped(And jacket, boots, gloves, trousers and gauntlets for $40).
I think if i boiled the head in a pan for ten minutes, the mask might peel off.
That CA looks solid, but it relies on the strength of the surrounding parts. If the surrounding parts are like jelly, then the CA will likely give it up.

This was posted over in the Rescue Cap thread, but I thought I'd share it here since technically he only rode the motorcycle when he had the First Avenger uniform on.

Anyway, someone found this 1/6 metal motorcycle at Hobby Lobby and said that it was only $35 PLUS 50% off:

IMG_0735.jpg

I don't have a Hobby Lobby within 50 miles of here, so I looked at their website and found it here:

https://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/large-black-metal-motorcycle-794388/

It's $34.99 but if you look around their website you'll easily find a 40% off of one item coupon.

I ordered one this morning, and it came to just over $25 with tax and shipping!

As a reference, here is the bike from the movie:

article-0-0b18d2a6000005dc-766_634x396.jpg

next to the Hobby Lobby bike:

794388.jpg

This was posted over in the Rescue Cap thread, but I thought I'd share it here since technically he only rode the motorcycle when he had the First Avenger uniform on.

Anyway, someone found this 1/6 metal motorcycle at Hobby Lobby and said that it was only $35 PLUS 50% off:

IMG_0735.jpg

I don't have a Hobby Lobby within 50 miles of here, so I looked at their website and found it here:

https://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/large-black-metal-motorcycle-794388/

It's $34.99 but if you look around their website you'll easily find a 40% off of one item coupon.

I ordered one this morning, and it came to just over $25 with tax and shipping!

As a reference, here is the bike from the movie:

article-0-0b18d2a6000005dc-766_634x396.jpg

next to the Hobby Lobby bike:

794388.jpg

Great deal for the bike. I picked up one myself. Thanks for posting. :)

Yep, I'm going to paint mine green and see if I cant find a right sized star sticker....so i don't have to try to paint a perfectly straight white star. ;)

If you draw the correctly sized star on a piece of styrene, then cut the shape out and use the "hole" as a template, you can use it to cut the shape from vinyl.
I did that once with a custom model kit but with red stars as it was a soviet build.

21072010286.jpg

21072010294.jpg

21072010300.jpg

Hey guys, so I was browsing through SS site seeing what they had on sale and I noticed something quite unusual...this figure is stated as "BACKORDERED" and it says that the estimated ship date is Novemeber 2012?! not sure if its for real or if someone at SS got this confused with the Avengers Cap or maybe for whatever reason HT decided to do a second run, but if anyone hasn't gotten this you might want to go ahead and order one since SS is still offering free shipping for this figure.

Thanks for the tip. It really is a great figure. Just got a Rescue cap head for my FA. Looks much better than the CIAN I had.

Back