Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So does anybody know what the best choice would be for CA in his Service uniform? I noticed DiD has a couple good options.

7c823c32.jpg

Major Richards

Made use of the Bowman rank pins also.

oh right ok thanks for the information i was sitting here worrying that something was wrong but thanks for clearing that up, so do we know rough day when this will be shipped from themselves?

Mine has already been shipped but not sure about others. If you haven't heard anything about final lay away payment request it's best to message anyway because I gather a few people including myself have already had the request. If for some reason they don't get back to you from your email message try the facebook page and ask it on thier wall as they are very active on there and get asked loads of questions about shipping. :hi5:

just sent him a message on facebook so hopefully i will get a reply, i just worry when i have never used someone before

Just got mine. Hmmmmm.... not too impressed out of the box. The costume is quite crude inhand.

I will have a play around with it before drawing any final conclusions...

Just got mine. Hmmmmm.... not too impressed out of the box. The costume is quite crude inhand.

I will have a play around with it before drawing any final conclusions...

Crude how? As in shoddy stitching, ill-fitting?

Crude how? As in shoddy stitching, ill-fitting?

Yes, Well, the worst area is at the shoulder joint. The layers of fabric have exposed corners and frayed edges. I know it was an incredibly ambitious outfit to take on and it still looks cool, but the shoulder area just doesn't look good, I will take a few pics when i get a chance. Also the head sculpt really is poor. I don't care that it doesn't look like Evans, but it looks cheap compared to other HT releases IMO. Needs more paint, looks quite plasticy.

I wonder when the likes of Forbidden Planet will start getting theirs....I had to go with them as they seemed really well priced. Still I've got a few weeks left... 'Santa' is supposed to be bringing him, so even if Cap turned up tomorrow I couldn't touch him.

Yes, Well, the worst area is at the shoulder joint. The layers of fabric have exposed corners and frayed edges. I know it was an incredibly ambitious outfit to take on and it still looks cool, but the shoulder area just doesn't look good, I will take a few pics when i get a chance. Also the head sculpt really is poor. I don't care that it doesn't look like Evans, but it looks cheap compared to other HT releases IMO. Needs more paint, looks quite plasticy.

Thanks for the input :duff This is actually my biggest issue with Thor as well.

Thanks for the input :duff This is actually my biggest issue with Thor as well.

Yeah, you're right, this is of a similar level to Thor, quality wise. The costume is complex but nowhere near the fantastic proto we were shown.
Still glad I picked him up, but just not a top level release.

man ive been on and off the fence with this guy for the past month or so with regards to canceling. thank you for some insight!

Yeah, you're right, this is of a similar level to Thor, quality wise. The costume is complex but nowhere near the fantastic proto we were shown.
Still glad I picked him up, but just not a top level release.

Yeaaa sure. XD

Yeah, I had been on the fence about him for some time, and when it came down to dumping $170 on him it was an easy cancel.

Same here, that's exactly how I felt. I came to the decision that I have the original PF and it exemplifies Cap to me. I might pick the HT figure up in the future, but only if the price is right.

Back