Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the justifying for HT needs to stop as well. After at least three delays, if you don't have money for him in your budget, you probably never will. I understand wanting to make the best of it but jeez, there aren't many things you committ to buy six months before they are released. The least we deserve is an explanation. I am a fan of HT but enough is enough. Good luck to those waiting on all the tentative DX's they are claiming they want to get around to.

I think the justifying for HT needs to stop as well. After at least three delays, if you don't have money for him in your budget, you probably never will. I understand wanting to make the best of it but jeez, there aren't many things you committ to buy six months before they are released.
Hang on - three delays? I thought this guy was originally scheduled for DEC 2011.. or am I just misinterpreting your comment?

I was on track for DEC, then it got bumped forward a month, & now back again. I do have other things to budget for, like many folks out there I'm sure..

Third quarter, then October, then November, now December. Three delays. I have things to budget for as well, my point being I think we all say, "Oh, another delay, that's ok because..." Just so we feel better about it because we all hate to admit HT makes mistakes. I am the first to admit I do it but at this point, they have clearly overwhelmed themselves.

In case anyone is interested, I just received an email from Loonten, and he will have Cap in stock next week. I can't wait to have this and Sparrow in hand!

Third quarter, then October, then November, now December. Three delays. I have things to budget for as well, my point being I think we all say, "Oh, another delay, that's ok because..." Just so we feel better about it because we all hate to admit HT makes mistakes. I am the first to admit I do it but at this point, they have clearly overwhelmed themselves.

I like to overwhelm myself several times a day...but yeah they are kinda stretching themselves and have gone into hyperdrive. Plus their doing 1/4 now as well.

Maybe the delay is apart of that whole split shipment thing. I called SS about something else and asked about Cap. They said that the first shipment will go out on Nov 21. If anyone is getting theirs shipped on that date they'll be receiving a notice on the 17th. Take that for what you will.

I'm likely going to cancel. This is the 4th delay on this right? It's just too close to the holidays. Maybe I'll scoop up this figure later when it's more plausible to make a purchase. It's one thing budgeting extra money towards collectibles...it's another when Christmas is soon approaching. Taking a $160 hit a couple weeks before Christmas isn't something I expected on this figure. Especially when Supes is shipping in a few weeks and I'm figuring Sparrow for next month.

Urgh I've decided to cancel this and wait for the Avengers version :(

Yeah that makes sense.... :duh

captain-america-the-first-avenger1.jpg

Chris-Evans-as-Captain-America-in-The-Avengers-1.jpeg

Sorry, couldn't resist. ;)

I love Evans as Cap but the new Avengers costume does nothing for me at this point.

Yuck, that new costume looks like crap. He has a modern day looking suit in the 40's and has an old looking suit today.

Back