Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kind of aggravated by this. Delay after delay. I think HT has bitten off more than they can chew so now it's either wait forever or put up with countless QC issues. Seems like they got arrogant enough to believe their own hype. :dunno
They shouldn't be making anymore announcements until they get their bearings with the figures they've already announced.

I want this figure and I'm about done with all the delays and bull____. Where is a seller that I can get this figure from "NOW"?

Kind of aggravated by this. Delay after delay. I think HT has bitten off more than they can chew so now it's either wait forever or put up with countless QC issues. Seems like they got arrogant enough to believe their own hype. :dunno
They shouldn't be making anymore announcements until they get their bearings with the figures they've already announced.

Of my PO list, most are delayed...

Jack Sparrows was delayed
Tron Lightcylce - Delayed
Baby Doll - Delayed
Jake Sully - Delayed
Amber - Delayed
Captain America - Delayed

Superman - not delayed

They won't stop though. They are at the top and need to milk their popularity as much as they can. And no matter how bad a sculpt is, there will always be people who fervently defend the bad sculpt and praise Hot Toys to death and buy the figures. The Hot Toys Indy is simply a terrible likeness and Ht knew it since the sculpt didn't change at all from the prorotype. I am hearing from inside sources the people cancelling the pre-orders on the Indy figure has been much lower than expectations.

I am glad though they did change the Superman sculpt from the prototype for the better as that was a worse likeness and they could not pass off the proto as Reeve. So Superman being cheaper than the Indy because of less items and having a better sculpt and body actually may have helped its sales. Surely a DX Indy with Clark is on its way, and I am buying.

However preeny101 has a very legitimate point in HT biting off more than it can chew. So which statues are getting that more experienced doll making factory in China while others are getting newby sweatshops making them with certain QC issues.

In this case they may have come across a QC issue so they are delaying the US shipment. However we have seen pictures and we haven't heard of many QC issues so far.

I agree HT needs to simply stop and fulfill all current orders with high quality standards. However that is not going to happen, they need the pre-order numbers in order to hire these sweatshop Chinese factories for cheap. The more preorders there are, the better deals they can get with Chinese factories in making the dolls.

In any case, I hope the CA's that come around next month are just as good as the current pics we are seeing.

I'd just like an explanation as to why five figures have been delayed almost all at the same time.

It affects collectors of four different lines so it needs reasoning so those customers don't cancel and take their business elsewhere.

I'd just like an explanation as to why five figures have been delayed almost all at the same time.

It affects collectors of four different lines so it needs reasoning so those customers don't cancel and take their business elsewhere.

Because so many other companies are making the same figures at a similar qualit at HT? These aren't the newest electronic devices of the week :lol

Urgh I've decided to cancel this and wait for the Avengers version :(

If I buy a Captain America at any point I think I would get that one too. I'm sure HT will put out a better likeness then plus you'd be presumably be able to pick up the other members of the team in the particular outfits they have in that one film. Not that theres anything wrong with having the figures of these guys from their own individual films.

What is all this I hear of Cap being delayed? Can someone point me to the place where I got lost?

Very disappointing as I am extremely excited for this figure. :monkey2

:impatient: PLASTIC CRACK NOAW!!

Looks good in the recent pics so far. Hope it won't disappoint like my recent MKV.

is the delay caused by shipping? or manufacturing?

i assume the figures are continuously being made but the shipping and the coming holiday rush will delay distribution.

i had him for a week now so i'm assuming it's less than a month for everyone else in the world to have theirs.

Dammit! Well that's what I get for planning my finances around the original release dates. Now I've got to pay for 3 figures in one month!

Dammit! Well that's what I get for planning my finances around the original release dates. Now I've got to pay for 3 figures in one month!

This is where I'm quite lucky...my supplier takes payment up front if you wish & I used my Birthday money to pay for Cap back when he was announced around June so I'm ok at the moment as my other Pre-orders are all quite nicely spread out now but the delays are pretty annoying as I was hoping for him soon :impatient:

Neil

Not sure what is happening... I purchasede mine on Ebay and is already on his way to Brazil...

So, what is the delay?

I'm assuming it's more down to demand outstripping supply so just a backlog waiting for orders to be filled rather than recalling figures or anything.

Just means we wait an extra week or 2

My supplier has just said he should be getting his in about a weeks time so mine should be here in about 2-3 weeks :clap:clap

Neil

Back