Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It really is the circle of life whenever a new design is released. I can still remember the hate when they first showed Cap's uniform in TFA. Maybe I'll just go back to that thread and start from the beginning and enjoy a good laugh at all that early outrage:lol

Yeah, I'm sure it will be the same with this suit. Personally, I like both from the start of each and I'm sure there will be folks come around to liking it as we see more. If folks don't that's cool it matters little to me in the end of they do. I'll enjoy it all the same and enjoy talking with others that do as well.

I have some Ultimate Soldier German troops and a custom Hitler, when I get this figure I'm going to post pictures of him beating the ____ out of them. WW II Logan might even pitch in.

well, of course you guys do. Only the vocal people will come out and say it:lol The rest are probably too busy being angry about Superman's shade of red or Spidey not having a "belt":dunno

One thing I was definitely put off by early on was the hiring of Joe Johnston and the casting of Chris Evans and I did make mention of it however long ago. But they both came through spectacularly!

Yeah, I'm sure it will be the same with this suit. Personally, I like both from the start of each and I'm sure there will be folks come around to liking it as we see more. If folks don't that's cool it matters little to me in the end of they do. I'll enjoy it all the same and enjoy talking with others that do as well.

I have a feeling Steve will do a lot of fighting without the cowl in The Avengers. Normally I hate that in superhero movies but for the new costume I might make a unique exception. :lol

I expect it will be done like tfa which is fine. Like I said I like how it looks in all but a couple shots.

For me I like the Avengers costume and the First Avenger's costume (Not at first though) but there are parts that I don't like but when the figure comes out I'll probably mix and match what I like and make my own Capt. For example I don't like the cowl of the new suit but like the helmet from TFA. I don't like the belt so I'll probably put TFA belt on him as well. We'll see. Either way I'm happy with both costumes.

Third quarter, then October, then November, now December. Three delays. I have things to budget for as well, my point being I think we all say, "Oh, another delay, that's ok because..." Just so we feel better about it because we all hate to admit HT makes mistakes. I am the first to admit I do it but at this point, they have clearly overwhelmed themselves.
I pre-ordered through a local AUS e-tailer, & the release date they originally had set was Dec, so that was my frame of reference for that.

As far as qualms with HT mistakes, I try to look at each figure objectively - no more no less.

Third quarter, then October, then November, now December. Three delays. I have things to budget for as well, my point being I think we all say, "Oh, another delay, that's ok because..." Just so we feel better about it because we all hate to admit HT makes mistakes. I am the first to admit I do it but at this point, they have clearly overwhelmed themselves.

Any one smell chicken little syndrome cooking? 3 month delay is nothing... and since the figure is out in HK this delay just seems to be more of a distribution issue than anything else :huh

It really is the circle of life whenever a new design is released. I can still remember the hate when they first showed Cap's uniform in TFA. Maybe I'll just go back to that thread and start from the beginning and enjoy a good laugh at all that early outrage:lol

I was not thrilled with TFA look when I first saw the conceptual art, but on film I was very impressed. Kind of feeling the same way about The Avengers look... right now I'm not loving it, but these really do tend to look better in the film than still shots.

You didn't want to wait the four weeks for the extra unmasked Evans sculpt that's coming with the Sideshow version?

haha no. I want a 1/6 Captain America figure, not necessarily a Chris Evans AS Captain America figure. I'd never display him without the helmet. My Cap is always ready for battle lol.

Any one smell chicken little syndrome cooking? 3 month delay is nothing... and since the figure is out in HK this delay just seems to be more of a distribution issue than anything else :huh

Being aggravated by delays is not chicken little syndrome. To me, it sounds like you are being a HT apologist. So no, I don't smell CL syndrome, just BS from a HT groupie. :dunno

haha no. I want a 1/6 Captain America figure, not necessarily a Chris Evans AS Captain America figure. I'd never display him without the helmet. My Cap is always ready for battle lol.

same here. I have no intention of ever having any superhero's in secret identity form. I don't care if Bruce Wayne, Tony Stark, or Steve Rogers, etc:nana:

I understand the more options, the better. But for me, it's a waste of money and I'd rather sell them and get almost half my money back for that little piece alone.

You didn't want to wait the four weeks for the extra unmasked Evans sculpt that's coming with the Sideshow version?

What's this about an unmasked head? Is this regarding the Hot Toys figure? If so, where was this mentioned? This is the first I've heard about it.

Back