Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
13b74727.jpg

Captain-America-TV-Spot-1-600x257.jpg

:rock :rock :rock :rock

Good eye Khev! looks spot on from this comparison :rock :rock

Isn't the headpiece supposed to be a helmet and not a mask? Which would mean the outer shell would not be leather. But I do see the difference. Good eyes on that one.

Shell with leather skin :lecture looks better textured, minor complaint though

Maybe it's just me but I hate the way hot toys paints the eyelashes on their figures. It just seems very rushed to me instead of intricate like the rest of the sculpt...at least when you look up close

:exactly: looks like a cheap toy without the detailed painting on the eyes. The eyes are one of the highlights of HT figures, they should've looked out for that. Then again, minor complaint

It is nice to be getting so many figures back-to-back. Just this past week I got Art Saves Avenger and Mark V. Batman Begins (I can care less about the problems) is coming this week and Superman and the Captain are on their way!!!!!!

I'm not sure if I'll be glad with these fast production of HT lately. :thud: It's really hard to budget them esp. we you know most of them are arriving at the same month. :gah:

please correct me if i'm wrong but i think Masks are supposed to conceal your features, making you unrecognizable to an extent.

i know Cap doesn't have an alter ego but it worked for most superheroes like a certain batman guy.

i'm sure the dx02 head is not 100% bale but its 100% batman.

and i'm sure this HS is based on chris evans, but the mask is doing it's job pretty well.

Well said bro! :lol

being nitpicky, the eyelashes from OMG's pics are the only thing bothering me, however when not enlarged and in hand, it might look ok. I prefer the proto's eyelashes instead. More subtle

This costume is way better than his Avengers costume. Anyone see the pictures yet?
82f382f4.jpg

b79fc138.jpg

a6ed0299.jpg

It looks like he has more of a rubber cowl like batman instead of his helmet/mask. Maybe better pics will make it look better.

well we havent really seen any official pics with the helmet on, aside from the trailer...and it looked fine in the trailer...just these leaked set shots look goofy

so,how is it supposed to look different?
:dunno

with proper lighting and lenses along with post editing its going to look different...

take these pics for example...

article-2033410-0DB2CDAF00000578-518_634x655.jpg

In this leaked shot he looks hunched with no muscular definition and has knock-knees...thus making the suit look goofy

avengers_set_nyc_costume6.jpg

In this unofficial picture he looks skinny and the suit looks loose...

Avengers-Set-Photo-1.jpg

Yet in this official picture, the suit is nice and snug, he looks buff, and has that superhero look to it instead of cosplay, not to mention that is is vividly colored instead of the color being washed out by the sun. In the first two pics the red looked more orange and the blue is lighter. In the official pic the blue is darker and the red is deeper

Hopefully that helped clear things up

Post production processes will considerably alter the over-all look of it, like photo-shopped, filtered etc.

Judging by how i laughed at the TFA costume when leaked photos first came out, I think HT is capable of making the Avengers version badass :yess:

might be possible.i think some tinkering will be done.but why not making it look badass from the beginning:) ?as i said,i like the rest of the outfit,real cap quality!

Back