Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw the movie last night and loved it :rock But, I don't see why people are so hell-bent on getting Cap in the USO outfit. Other than the tights he wears (that they do more as a joke towards his original comic book outfit) he isn't wearing anything you couldn't kit bash, except the shield and having to paint a K-pot. And of course, not having a helmet-less portrait of Cap is a problem.

Definitely seeing the movie makes ya more anxious to get this figure. I think HT did a damn fine job of bringing the suit down to 1:6 scale on this!!

Saw the movie last night and loved it :rock But, I don't see why people are so hell-bent on getting Cap in the USO outfit. Other than the tights he wears (that they do more as a joke towards his original comic book outfit) he isn't wearing anything you couldn't kit bash, except the shield and having to paint a K-pot. And of course, not having a helmet-less portrait of Cap is a problem.

Definitely seeing the movie makes ya more anxious to get this figure. I think HT did a damn fine job of bringing the suit down to 1:6 scale on this!!

yeah, it should be a walk in the park!:horror

yeah, it should be a walk in the park!:horror

You're missing the point. Other than those things, there's nothing special about that character that you don't see on numerous other WW II era figures. And for some members, they could easily pull those things off.

I loved the movie, really. The design of everything was so cool. Loved the vehicle designs especially. Now I can look at my Art of Captain America book... :)

I thought the story was well done but it went by so quickly! That would be my one complaint... I wish we'd had more time with Peggy, Bucky and Col. Phillips though. The ending was really great though.

I thought Red Skull was probably the best realized Marvel villain yet. Hugo Weaving did an amazing job, and it made me even more sad that Doctor Doom didn't come out as well.

I noticed that Red Skull had quite a few different looks in the movie (Hot Toys MUST make a RS figure!) and I wondered which one everyone preferred? I think I liked his final outfit best.

I saw the movie yesterday and loved it....but I'm going to wait for the Avengers costume. I like that look much better.....

I don't see why people are so hell-bent on getting Cap in the USO outfit. Other than the tights he wears (that they do more as a joke towards his original comic book outfit) he isn't wearing anything you couldn't kit bash, except the shield and having to paint a K-pot. And of course, not having a helmet-less portrait of Cap is a problem.

Even tights aren't that difficult as you can get the comic inspired pieces elsewhere, the hardest part would be the helmetless sculpt but after all the time and effort that it'd take, not to mention various costs and shipping costs, I might as well let HT do it. To make it exact and the time it'd take to dissect it, if I put a price on that it'd probably be more expensive than an HT piece :lol

Not to mention that I really want the throwback to the comic USO costume not just the "rescue" costume because of the importance of it in the film and the progression of Captain America himself.

I think I may end up preferring Cap's Avenger's costume as well, but I'm still picking this one up for the simple fact that by the time the new costume is released, this version might very well be able to pay for the new one and 50% of another figure. And I have a Cap to display in the meantime.

Even tights aren't that difficult as you can get the comic inspired pieces elsewhere, the hardest part would be the helmetless sculpt but after all the time and effort that it'd take, not to mention various costs and shipping costs, I might as well let HT do it. To make it exact and the time it'd take to dissect it, if I put a price on that it'd probably be more expensive than an HT piece :lol

Not to mention that I really want the throwback to the comic USO costume not just the "rescue" costume because of the importance of it in the film and the progression of Captain America himself.

Through a long time fans eyes, it does make more sense. I didn't grow up on Cap like a lot if people did, but like all patriotic Americans I know and love the character. I'm just happy with the fig and how great it looks. Hopefully you guys get your USO version. I'll be happy with this fig, myself.

If HT is really listening to the fanboy inside of me, I'll be able to have the USO show version next to a rescue version (display options from the same figure), next to the standard WWII version here next to an Avengers version. That kind of progression is fantastic for me and definitely worth it.

If HT is really listening to the fanboy inside of me, I'll be able to have the USO show version next to a rescue version (display options from the same figure), next to the standard WWII version here next to an Avengers version. That kind of progression is fantastic for me and definitely worth it.

:exactly::clap:exactly:

Then you'll have the haters crying about how this line has become like the IM line. :lol

That's thing, if HT is smart you can easily have the USO version with the fatigues to put over, interchangeable boots, interchangeable headsculpt (USO hooded and rescue helmeted) and essentially have two figures in one and the Avengers sculpt would be in that line. So essentially you could have all that progression from three figures.

Just saw Cap yesterday night, loved it! I have a sinking feeling that I'll be pre-ordering this before today is over. I wanted to stay away from HT addiction.... :panic:

Hot Toys better go hard on the Captain America Line, i want a USO/Rescue Suit, A Red Skull Figure AND of course the Avengers line! It be cool if Hot Toys released them around the same time of the films release, it would get the buzz going alot.

this is gonna be my 1st hot toy figure have a few sideshow star wrs figs clone armor obi ,maul, han, luke might have to get the superman hot toys have dc direct supman and mr j so just cool figs compared to when we were little nothin like this craftsmanship back in the day wich was a tuesday ha ha........

just saw cap movie awesome very well done..........1st 3d flick since jaws 3d haha yea im old ...woh look 4 out the shields comin at ya !!!!!!!!!

Back