Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got home from watching the movie again.
If anyone is curious about the captain america videogame, it's actually pretty good. I beat the game last night. The game is fun. I bought it at Fry's for $39, not sure if it's still on sale though but I think toys r us may have it on sale for the same price.

Damn it. After seeing this film not only am I glad I ordered this but if they release a USO version I'd have to buy two. This could be a real cash cow for HT....

Just got back from a double feature of Cap and Potter. Both movies were great! Now I really can't wait for this guy. Also a little po'd because after seeing the Avengers trailer I know I'm going to cave and buy all of the Hot Toys Avengers line because Thor's new Armor is awesome! Wish they'd do a Red Skull with a Weaving portrait.

Just got back from seeing this movie. While it was very enjoyable, I feel like they took too much of a safe route and I suppose you could say its flaws were that it never tries to be anything more than what you might want, similar to Green Lantern. It did however have a fatal flaw that could have made the movie so much better:

Red Skull. Unlike Loki in Thor, I feel like Red Skull ended up being almost a joke character, accomplishing and doing little to nothing. He never got a chance to shine despite being really awesome looking and the actor did a good job as him. Even his role as an antagonist (and thus Captain's motivation to fight him) felt somewhat forced. At the very least, I wish he had bombed maybe one major city or something. Otherwise, the only casualties he caused were on his own side :/

Damn it. After seeing this film not only am I glad I ordered this but if they release a USO version I'd have to buy two. This could be a real cash cow for HT....

I'm all over a USO version on top of this one! Would be sweet to have those two and then Avengers Cap altogether.:yess:

Just got back from seeing this movie. While it was very enjoyable, I feel like they took too much of a safe route and I suppose you could say its flaws were that it never tries to be anything more than what you might want, similar to Green Lantern. It did however have a fatal flaw that could have made the movie so much better:

Red Skull. Unlike Loki in Thor, I feel like Red Skull ended up being almost a joke character, accomplishing and doing little to nothing. He never got a chance to shine despite being really awesome looking and the actor did a good job as him. Even his role as an antagonist (and thus Captain's motivation to fight him) felt somewhat forced. At the very least, I wish he had bombed maybe one major city or something. Otherwise, the only casualties he caused were on his own side :/

You actually do raise a very valid point, but I think he was more active at being bad than you're giving him credit for.

In the beginning of the movie he did give orders to take out that entire town, but it was done off screen.

He did destroy the Super Soldier program in the US.

He was also holding POWs.

He also did experiments on Bucky.

The biggest one of all, he was enroute to the USA for destruction. His intentions were real and he would've succeeded if not for Cap.

I am totally glad I ordered this...

I can see HT making a DX figure...one outfit being the USO show Cap and the other being the "rescue" outfit and gear (medallion-style shield, leather jacket, ammo belts, helmet/goggles, the works)

Cash cow indeed... :lol

Very true, but one problem is that many of those things would have not been directly done by him, but his soldiers. For a character that was also given the super serum, I would have hoped to see him do more than just run away or watch things unfold from afar. Even one scene with him taking on legions of troops would have added something noteworthy to his character.

The fight scenes we did get were great though and I still really liked Red Skull. I hope Hot Toys follows through and announces a figure of him soon. I would get him over even Captain America! Very cool design.

You actually do raise a very valid point, but I think he was more active at being bad than you're giving him credit for.

In the beginning of the movie he did give orders to take out that entire town, but it was done off screen.

He did destroy the Super Soldier program in the US.

He was also holding POWs.

He also did experiments on Bucky.

The biggest one of all, he was enroute to the USA for destruction. His intentions were real and he would've succeeded if not for Cap.

And was about two seconds away from shooting Cap in the face.

Movie was just ok for me, but I will still order the figure since it looks stunning. Wasn't a fan of seeing Star Wars in the year 1942 or whatever year it was.

Asgardians visited earth with cosmic technology way before even WW2.

Way before.

So seeing lasers in the 1940's that were obtained from the cosmic cube was no biggie for me. :dunno

Raiders is one of the best action movies ever made and while it didn't have laser shooting nazis, the nazis wanted to use a supernatural weapon against their enemies.

Cosmic Cube, Ark of the Convenant, take your pick of outlandish weapons being used in the 40's.

Last edited:
The First Avenger is a nice transition for WWII Cap to the 21st century. The movie threw a lot at yeah in its 2 hour window. It was cool seeing Steve Rogers doing things right the wrong way. Such as lying to get into the army, or going awol to rescue his buddy Bucky along with the other soldiers. He was uncomfortable selling war bonds, but he did it anyways despite wanting to fight in the war. This movie showed what the Captain was all about imo. Of course, Marvel's Civil War series shows how far the Captain would go for his beliefs, but this film humanized him.

I wonder if the experiments will impact Bucky into the Winter Soldier, or does General Lukin, manifests into the next storyline.
I expect down the road the Red Skull will have a greater opportunity to show his strength. For now, the next stop is The Avengers.

The First Avenger is a nice transition for WWII Cap to the 21st century. The movie threw a lot at yeah in its 2 hour window. It was cool seeing Steve Rogers doing things right the wrong way. Such as lying to get into the army, or going awol to rescue his buddy Bucky along with the other soldiers. He was uncomfortable selling war bonds, but he did it anyways despite wanting to fight in the war. This movie showed what the Captain was all about imo. Of course, Marvel's Civil War series shows how far the Captain would go for his beliefs, but this film humanized him.

I wonder if the experiments will impact Bucky into the Winter Soldier, or does General Lukin, manifests into the next storyline.
I expect down the road the Red Skull will have a greater opportunity to show his strength. For now, there's a sign post up ahead, the next stop is, The Twilight Zone.

Fixed :lol

I agree. I liked the movie but felt red skull was a really weak bad guy.

Back