Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just came back from the movie and just put in my PO with SS for him. the movie was fantastic. Just like Remy said. GOod clean fun and the 3D wasn't too bad either. I've seen a lot worse and for me this was on the better end of the stick.

But yea this figure is Amazing and can't wait to have this and Avengers Cap next to each other. Hopefully we get another figure from this movie with the USO gear underneath (and before someone complains about that last bit being a spoiler, it's not, it was said a while ago :wink1:)

Personally, I'd like SEO Cap, Red Skull and Bucky (train version) from this license. I know it isn't gonna happen so please give me the skull and I'll consider anything else a welcome bonus.

i did notice that in the Comic Con pics, the "hero costume" on the name plate is gone. kind of makes me wonder if we will get another Cap. but we definitely need Red Skull for sure with two heads

About a month ago, I had a crazy idea to get something cool regarding Captain America. The trailer blew my mind, and reading the Captain America comics made me a fan of the character. This movie couldn't arrive quick enough for me. Some how I found Sideshow, while Googling for Captain America gear. The 1/6 Hot Toys Captain America was my first purchase from Sideshow. A couple purchases later, BAMMM, the Life Size Captain America bust comes out. POWWW, added to cart.

Today, as many others have done already, I've seen the movie, and I left with great satisfaction. Considering my expectations were extremely high for this movie, it would have been easy to have been displeased with bits and pieces. i.e. SW Phantom Menace (I stilled enjoyed it, but Jar Jar and the Gungans will live in infamy.)

Since I have been introduced to the world of everything Sideshow, I am looking forward to the possibility :pray: of a Legendary Steve Rogers figure (I dream big!). In the meantime, I must stop looking at the Wolverine lsf due to expected cost, space, and people visiting might find it strange that I have multiple 3 foot friends in Superhero outfits. One lsf would suffice, but one is such a lonely number. Anyways...
The Captain America movie rocked!:flag:fireworks:flag

did they make his shield bigger?

They've tweaked it a bit, but it's still a bit undersized.

supersized.jpg

Aside from the headsculpt, shieldsize, outrageous price, length of wait, lack of star spangled undies, and damn fleecing flippers it's a homerun! :yess:

(should be this size and HT should pay me to buy it)

supersizedfix.jpg

:exactly:

Movie was fantastic.

I absolutely need USO cap with jacket/GI pants/GI helmet. I will buy TWO. One to display in each incarnation. I also need two red skulls. One Hugo sculpt in tunic. One red skull in leather coat.

Just saw this movie tonight with gf. Plot and story seemed pretty unremarkable...but I was able to suspend my rationale and cynicism.
Had to for my favorite comic superhero.

Gf was bored and easily distracted though.

Can't wait til this figure arrives!!!

I don't care for the character but the figure looks great. If there wasn't so much stuff coming out I would've seriously considered it.

Of all the Marvel movie incarnations of this year, this is by far my favorite. Great cast and acting.

It definitely solidified my want of getting this figure sooner. I think HT nailed this figure so perfectly. And to think I originally did not like this costume version when first revealed.

Easily the best suit design of any comic film this year IMO. GL and XFC flight suits were cool but this clicks for me. I cannot wait to have this guy in my shelves.

The War Bounds look was great, he looked like the classic Cap. While the Ultimate Cap look was great I really liked the leather jacket/blue helmet look. I'd love to have that figure.
I loved the movie, just what you'd expect from the director of the Rocketeer.

Back