Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gave TFA some love today :)

9u8egehu.jpg

Awesome pic! Love the pose!! :clap :clap

Got mine off the shelf for few pics with some art I recently got a frame for. I still think this Cap is the best released...so far.
a5a7y2eh.jpg
ageda7ep.jpg
javyresy.jpg

I got Cap this week (from a fellow member here), and it does look pretty awesome in person. I kept going back and forth between getting this and the Golden Age version (which I had preordered just in case), but in the end, I like the First Avenger version more (love all those straps), even if it has a plastic shield that flakes.

Out of the box, the arms were stiff, and the elbows wouldn't bend, so I thought I'd try to take the jacket off and see what was going on (before I broke an elbow by mistake). And then the zipper came off the back of the jacket. I tried to find advice in this thread, and most everyone with that problem gave up trying to fix it, so I was pretty worried I had broken it within minutes of opening it. Two hours of fiddling later, I managed to get the zipper back on like it was; and I never want to try to take that jacket off again (unless it's to swap in a body with better articulation).

Next up, I want to tinker with the belt a bit, maybe tighten it up and/or pass it through the belt loops so it doesn't sag so much. And then there's the shield, which I will probably spray coat (although the cheapo metal shield is very tempting). All the tinkering aside, I'm very glad I finally picked this up. It really is my favorite version of Cap.

Edit: Thought I'd add a picture of my current pose; sorry for the poor lighting/picture quality.
IMG_20140627_225159.jpg

Last edited:
Watched this last night on my projector and I think the film gets better with each time you watch you. Kinda mad looking an Cap now tho lol

I got Cap this week (from a fellow member here), and it does look pretty awesome in person. I kept going back and forth between getting this and the Golden Age version (which I had preordered just in case), but in the end, I like the First Avenger version more (love all those straps), even if it has a plastic shield that flakes.

Out of the box, the arms were stiff, and the elbows wouldn't bend, so I thought I'd try to take the jacket off and see what was going on (before I broke an elbow by mistake). And then the zipper came off the back of the jacket. I tried to find advice in this thread, and most everyone with that problem gave up trying to fix it, so I was pretty worried I had broken it within minutes of opening it. Two hours of fiddling later, I managed to get the zipper back on like it was; and I never want to try to take that jacket off again (unless it's to swap in a body with better articulation).

Next up, I want to tinker with the belt a bit, maybe tighten it up and/or pass it through the belt loops so it doesn't sag so much. And then there's the shield, which I will probably spray coat (although the cheapo metal shield is very tempting). All the tinkering aside, I'm very glad I finally picked this up. It really is my favorite version of Cap.

Edit: Thought I'd add a picture of my current pose; sorry for the poor lighting/picture quality.
View attachment 117452

Nice pies and congrats :duff

You should invest in the Tamiya semi-gloss spray to preserve that nice flake-less a shield you have. I think that the original shield has much nicer straps than the eBay KO.

Im still stoked I have this version and not that decroded-piece-o'CRAP! From the "Gold Age" America.

Trying to see if the Avengers sculpt looks good on TFA...and the Rescue sculpt on SSM.

The TFA looks good. That Star spangly man is a hot mess! That body is just goofy.

The rescues sculpt looks dopey to me. The matted hair on that head causes it to be tough to photograph as well. It has a good face from certain angles but the hair makes it look right out of the Andy Griffith show in others.:)

Back