Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totally. If only it was half the price in the $300-$400 range, I would absolutely invest in that, but I respect the price tag.

Totally. If only it was half the price in the $300-$400 range, I would absolutely invest in that, but I respect the price tag.

I don't think that I actually paid much more than that for it, after shipping to the UK I think it came to over $500, and that's with the full bracket and leather straps on the back

Where do you you get that shield anyways??

It was a chap called Chris Fields on the RPF, I heard he got a C&D but then another chap said some are still being made

I'm honestly not sure, but I'm really glad I got in on them when it started

Even though it's unofficial, it's quite a well known piece so it has some clout about it

I've be reading through this thread trying to find advice concerning the Shield flaking issue, can I just ask 2 questions?

-From new is it a recomendation to spray varnish on the shield to prevent future cracking?
-Has anyone tried the Vallejo Gloss varnish? (I come from a Warhammer background and it's great stuff). The only one I can see being used is the Tamiya TS-79.

Thanks!

I'm not the expert here but I know the Tamiya TS-79 is what has been universally approved here. I think also because it leaves a more matte or semi-gloss finish which is more screen accurate. You want something to replicate the same level of gloss as the stock finish?

I suppose it comes down to the most effective product that also keeps a nice balance of the original product AND movie accuracy. I'll pick up a can of the Tamiya and have a play!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seeing as this is called the Hero Costume, I bet this outfit will be coming out too

captainamericachrisevan.jpg

and that version is still up for PO

Hi all, I thought i'd pick up the First Avenger figure as I missed out on the "Golden Age" one (Grrr) this is my first Hot toys figure so I didn't know what to expect, I have some Major issues with it and thought i'd better ask to see if this was a common problem as I put this under the "Quality control" heading.
First off, the star on his chest is way off, probably about 5mm, his trouser pads are sewn on crooked so that his left knee pad does not sit correctly and finally when you look at the figures back, the metal buckle does not sit straight, making the cloth piece that joins to his back bent (So you can see the zip). All the packaging was mint and accessories were perfect, it even came in a sealed shipper box. Was this just a case of poor quality control in 2011?

I'm waiting for a reply back from the UK seller at the present.

Hi all, I thought i'd pick up the First Avenger figure as I missed out on the "Golden Age" one (Grrr) this is my first Hot toys figure so I didn't know what to expect, I have some Major issues with it and thought i'd better ask to see if this was a common problem as I put this under the "Quality control" heading.
First off, the star on his chest is way off, probably about 5mm, his trouser pads are sewn on crooked so that his left knee pad does not sit correctly and finally when you look at the figures back, the metal buckle does not sit straight, making the cloth piece that joins to his back bent (So you can see the zip). All the packaging was mint and accessories were perfect, it even came in a sealed shipper box. Was this just a case of poor quality control in 2011?

I'm waiting for a reply back from the UK seller at the present.

yup there were some qc issues back then. think yours could be the first batch. if it comes without longer foot pegs then it probably is the first batch. weird though as UK get theirs later.

This one came with the extended foot pegs, buttons and spare wrists so I assume it is the later one? I was worried it was a counterfeit but everything looks as it should from all the photos I've seen. Basically it looks like I just got a really badly made one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back