Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it a common thing for the suit to start turning yellow around the stitching?

I had to remove my figure from the detolf to spray the shield with the clear coat and noticed that the suit was really discolored. Sorry of this question has been asked before.

I think all whites would eventually turn yellowish.....don't know how to prevent that tho.

Is it a common thing for the suit to start turning yellow around the stitching?

I had to remove my figure from the detolf to spray the shield with the clear coat and noticed that the suit was really discolored. Sorry of this question has been asked before.

Ok. I bit the bullet and put a satin varnish on caps shield. The best mod I have ever done. It looks amazing. I was really panicking that I'd screw it up but it was super easy and looks so good.

I know this isn't much of a cosplaying forum, but thought I would share my 1:1 First Avenger - me. :)

Shield is 26" spun aluminum, from a member at the RPF forum who makes them.

Pants and jacket are UD Replica.

Boots and gloves are motorcycle boots/gloves (not exactly going for "movie accurate").

563226_10153060822634460_1047923194_n.jpg

I know this isn't much of a cosplaying forum, but thought I would share my 1:1 First Avenger - me. :)

Boots and gloves are motorcycle boots/gloves (not exactly going for "movie accurate").

View attachment 97885

That is pretty damn cool :)

View attachment 97885

Ha! Was wondering who that really was on your profile pic. I thought it was Joel Edgerton form Warrior.

View attachment 97885

I want one of those shields....

Finally sprayed my shields with the Tamiya gloss. Love the way they turned out!

Also, I want a Cap shield bad, too... some day.

It was funny when I wore it to Frank & Sons a couple of weeks ago. I had a LOT of people ask 1. Where did I get it and 2. How much was it? You could tell the true collectors, because some people's jaw just dropped and others said "oh it's totally worth that". LOL

I love that shield. It's worth it. Unfortunately it's not something that goes with my collection until I have a big enough space but that is totally EPIC!

Back