Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took my time, and did the belt mod. Now I am content. An excellent post-Christmas gift to myself!

Captain3.jpg

"S-u-c-c-e-e-s,that's the way you spell success!"
I finally got my Captain America's right arm to bend!
Now when he's holding a gun in his hand it doesn't look like it weighs a ton LOL!

I havent heard anyone say that they cant move cap because he's too muscly :dunno

People have said the uniform is restrictive.

People have said he has stiff elbow joints.

People have said the muscle arms have less articulation than the TT arms.

That's about it...

:lecture:exactly:
The uniform seems like it's almost glued to the figure that's how tight it is.
The joints can be worked out,you have to be careful not to break the arm though. I just got mine to bend and it's 4 days after Christmas,that's when I opened my Cap!
As for the body type,not sure,I don't plan on removing his uniform at all for any reason.
I also got the strap with the 2 pouches to fit around his neck,I had to tilt his head to one side to do it but the strap didn't snap!

Did this yesterday after reviewing Supes.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvuuFo8f3Tw"]Hot Toys Captain America Review[/ame]

IMG_2785.jpg

IMG_2801.jpg

IMG_2804.jpg

IMG_2810.jpg

IMG_2816.jpg

IMG_2823.jpg

IMG_2830.jpg

IMG_2838.jpg

IMG_2843.jpg

IMG_2850.jpg

Nice review, Josh! I had to cancel this guy due to Christmas and other HT/SSC releases coming out, but there's no way this guy will be a pass for me. I'll be scooping him up in the coming months (when the bills have receded :panic:). BTW, the term you were looking for is "vac-metalized", it's a very cool looking finish on any action figure, but exercise caution everyone: that ____ will scratch if you look at it the wrong way! I still don't think it looks like Chris Evans, but fortunately for me, I'm a fan of the character, not so much the actor. Awesome figure!

Oh, and jye4ever, you can thank your wife for me; because of her comment, I found myself scrolling back up to Josh's pics to see what she was talking about. I then realized I was going out of my way to check out pics of a Captain America action figure to see if it has an ass (she's right, btw!) :slap :lol

I feel stupid for asking this, but what is the belt mod everyone is talking about? :slap I've tried to find it in past posts, but I can't pick out the specifics.

I guess that falls under con. :lol

:rotfl:rotfl

Nice review, Josh! I had to cancel this guy due to Christmas and other HT/SSC releases coming out, but there's no way this guy will be a pass for me. I'll be scooping him up in the coming months (when the bills have receded :panic:). BTW, the term you were looking for is "vac-metalized", it's a very cool looking finish on any action figure, but exercise caution everyone: that ____ will scratch if you look at it the wrong way! I still don't think it looks like Chris Evans, but fortunately for me, I'm a fan of the character, not so much the actor. Awesome figure!

Oh, and jye4ever, you can thank your wife for me; because of her comment, I found myself scrolling back up to Josh's pics to see what she was talking about. I then realized I was going out of my way to check out pics of a Captain America action figure to see if it has an ass (she's right, btw!) :slap :lol

:rotfl:rotfl

Thanks! :duff

I actually went back and looked myself. :lol

It's disappointing that Forbidden Planet has this guy in stock while I'm still waiting to Alter Ego to receive and ship mine :impatient:

I'm in the same boat. I contacted AlterEgo and just received this response:

The Cap figures are arriving in multiple waves. Based on when you placed your order, you should be in the next batch, which is expected in early to mid January. If you have any questions, please let me know.

I'm in the same boat. I contacted AlterEgo and just received this response:

The Cap figures are arriving in multiple waves. Based on when you placed your order, you should be in the next batch, which is expected in early to mid January. If you have any questions, please let me know.
Yikes. Sounds like it could be February before I get this guy. That's ridiculous!

Back