Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my opinion the figures biggest weakness is the restricted shoulder motion because of the costume. But I think they did a fantastic job on the appearance of the shoulder pads and there was a trade off to give this very authentic look. He's a really GREAT looking figure. About the only thing I did in the form of a modification wasn't really to the figure, but to his weapons. I switched out his Thompson for the better detailed Dragon 1927A1 with a correct Kerr sling, and a bbi 1911A1 pistol that's better detailed and can be cycled. Just not much room for improvement. This figure is close to perfect right out of the box, and for those of you still waiting I believe your going to be very happy when Cap arrives.

here are some pics of my Cap. LOVE this figure. too from the PF for posing. Sorry for the grainy look. we've had some pretty cloudy days

SAM_2745.jpg

SAM_2759.jpg

SAM_2767.jpg

SAM_2762.jpg

SAM_2764.jpg

SAM_2748.jpg

SAM_2761.jpg

I was so close to having this figure today.picked up Gree from a LCS who had just sold out of Cap.called the other LCS guy said he had 6 caps left at 130$. Couldn't believe the price so i asked him to double check, guy confirmed.

Race over there, and the things priced at 180$. Said he made a mistake and wouldn't honor the price he told me on the phone so sadly I had to leave him behind. hope I manage to snag one soon.

So... my figure is scheduled to be delivered Friday. Awesome... but I forgot my campus is closed till the 2nd which of course is where I have everything shipped. Damn It!!!!!!

Im going to give Josh a shout and see if they can have it held at the distribution center. If not its going to be a long weekend.

Just curious to check with us guys, will u guys be pissed if the red star logo on the right side of Captain America is not aligned on the arm and slightly off??
I have been thinking about this for the past 2 weeks and cant get this small QC issue off my mind.

Thank you Nick and I thought I was alone on this. My brother bought the same exact figure and he gotten a perfect piece.
My figure was chosen by me personally out of 2 cartons (12 pieces) as I was one of the first few to go to my regular toy shop when stocks were in. I saw many Caps figure with mis-aligned A on the head and slanted star logo on the chest. Sometimes even with visual check, u may not get the perfect piece but the star on my Caps is very straight and everything else is great. Guess I have to stop my nit-picking and enjoy my Caps figure, :)

TO those who have the replacement foot pegs, HOW ON EARTH do you pull the old ones out of the boots!!!!! :monkey2:panic:

Back