Hot Toys - MMS149 - Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street: Sweeney Todd

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish they would just release an updated Edward already, my Depp shelf won't be complete without him!:(

The bagginess of the sleeves isn't a problem. Blood splatter isn't consistent, and if the blood sprays over a folded garment, the folds are bound to stay clean!

I'm looking to fill the final shelf on my Detolf.. and I really like this figure since it is one of my favorite movies and characters. However, I usually dislike most MMS releases because they are a lot of money for just a figure. However, since this one is on sale at BBTS and comes with the chair, would you guys say it is worth it?

Thanks.

I'm looking to fill the final shelf on my Detolf.. and I really like this figure since it is one of my favorite movies and characters. However, I usually dislike most MMS releases because they are a lot of money for just a figure. However, since this one is on sale at BBTS and comes with the chair, would you guys say it is worth it?

Thanks.

It surely is, without a doubt. But, do check other places too. fanboycollectibles has him for $154.99. Plus, take a dekko at the eBay listings too. You might get a better deal.

Thanks.

Absolutely! I have dozens of Hot Toys, including several grail figures... but Sweeney Todd easily cracks my top 5!

If you have any interest in Sweeney Todd this is a must. No question. For me, this is the best Depp likeness period. You also get everything for it. Brilliant figure.

Check the board, you might be able to get a new one way under retail.

It's interesting how much this figure dropped in price. I'm trying to find him for really cheap like he usually goes for, but for some reason he is a tad bit rare. I guess not many people bought him? He seems to be one of Hot Toys best releases so far as far as I can tell.

I would guess that the reason the prices are starting to come back is because a lot were sold cheap and so the over stock has balanced out.

I just got my Sweeney today.. and man I really think this is my favorite Hot Toys. The chair and backdrop make for a great display scene. A DX disguised in MMS packaging and price. I love it.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfrPUNMOS6E"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfrPUNMOS6E[/ame]

Last edited:
Truly. Only thing missing from it being a DX is the eyes and package. Ill bet this was HT's biggest disappointment with sales. Just not a character people wanted I guess. For me this is HT's best.

After I fully posed him, stood back and looked it over.. I became sad as I knew HT would never produce a Ms. Lovett figure to complete my dream setup.

As for HT worst selling figure, just my opinion, but I'd say that is probably Odin or Kevin Flynn, those are the ones I see discounted the most. After seeing Sweeney in hand, I don't know why I ever doubted this figure and held off as long as I did, especially with the movie being in my top 5 of all time.

After I fully posed him, stood back and looked it over.. I became sad as I knew HT would never produce a Ms. Lovett figure to complete my dream setup.

As for HT worst selling figure, just my opinion, but I'd say that is probably Odin or Kevin Flynn, those are the ones I see discounted the most. After seeing Sweeney in hand, I don't know why I ever doubted this figure and held off as long as I did, especially with the movie being in my top 5 of all time.

Not worst selling, just disappointing. This is a truly 4 star figure. Perfect likeness, full chair and accessories, and fantastic clothing. To have a truly brilliant figure all around and have mediocre sales I feel would be disheartening.

I feel like the sales of this figure are also probably what's holding HT back from making other Depp figures right away besides the Avengers/Batman hype. I feel like they thought they had a much bigger fan base for Depp related figures and they didn't sell as well as they hoped OR HT just simply made too many and now they're becoming shelf warmers. I thought I'd have Ichabod on Pre-order by now and another Depp figure teased

How is the new goblin doing sales wise? ..like Sweeney that is probably one of there best figure to date but again another unpopular one.

hottoyssweeneytodd10.jpg

hottoyssweeneytodd11.jpg

hottoyssweeneytodd12.jpg

hottoyssweeneytodd13.jpg

hottoyssweeneytodd14.jpg

hottoyssweeneytodd15.jpg

hottoyssweeneytodd16.jpg

hottoyssweeneytodd17.jpg

hottoyssweeneytodd18.jpg

Firstly I want to tell you that thanks for sharing Sweeney Todd's hot toys over here. I liked it a lot, also interested to know that from where did you got it? So would you like to tell me?

Last edited:
Back