Hot Toys MMS146- Thor (Chris Hemsworth) 1/6 Limited Edition Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Painted the boot sleeves. Have to find some more material to make the skirt part longer.
100_5173.jpg

thor7-1.jpg

Lookin' more comic accurate every time I see it. Your custom is awesome man.

All they need is Cap, and they're ready to go :yess:

Nice pics :D yup Captain Rogers will complete the picture :D

Thanks guys! They will look awesome with Cap! Can't wait to take more pics when I get him! :rock

Great pics Ingo. :rock

Every time I come in here I'm tempted to pick this guy up... something keeps stopping me and telling me the Avengers version will be superior. Hope I'm right.

Thanks Sean! :duff

This truly is an excellent figure! Pictures don't do him justice!

However, if HT makes the sleeveless look from the Avengers trailer, I'll most likely pick that up as well! :D :rock :rock

^^ haha nice clips there entity!

awesome,bro !

Excellent story board!

Thanks guys! Glad you liked them! :woo

Here a picture I took before I painted the boot sleeves, just to show you his size. Almost 13".

100_5170.jpg

100_5168.jpg

I think the biggest problem in that custom is the overall shape/balance of the body.

He looks more fat than muscular.

The waist should be thinner to accentuate the shoulder.
Right now i think the chest armour is funky looking on that body, it doesn't look natural at all.
Also the boots and legs look odd to me again i think it's the overall proportion that looks weird and makes the legs look small.

And now that you went for a more comics look i think the head is out of place now. You should find a new one with a more agnry expression IMO.

Here's my two cents :wave:1-1:

I think the biggest problem in that custom is the overall shape/balance of the body.

He looks more fat than muscular.

The waist should be thinner to accentuate the shoulder.
Right now i think the chest armour is funky looking on that body, it doesn't look natural at all.
Also the boots and legs look odd to me again i think it's the overall proportion that looks weird and makes the legs look small.

And now that you went for a more comics look i think the head is out of place now. You should find a new one with a more agnry expression IMO.

Here's my two cents :wave:1-1:

Thanks Elvis, I think it's the the chest armor too. Can't get it any tighter at the waist. Funny it's a problem real Bodybuilder have, they have to watch what they wear or they will look fat too. The T1000 legs are huge, but the chest armor and the lengthening on the calves I did makes then appear thinner. I may try and just make him a leather chest piece, like the drawing. As you can see I'm still working on it, one day I'll get it right, lol. Just think the HT Thor just looks too small, especially after seeing those photos of him with Iron Man, he really looked puny (Nothing wrong with the photos, they looked great).

Thanks Elvis, I think it's the the chest armor too. Can't get it any tighter at the waist. Funny it's a problem real Bodybuilder have, they have to watch what they wear or they will look fat too. The T1000 legs are huge, but the chest armor and the lengthening on the calves I did makes then appear thinner. I may try and just make him a leather chest piece, like the drawing. As you can see I'm still working on it, one day I'll get it right, lol. Just think the HT Thor just looks too small, especially after seeing those photos of him with Iron Man, he really looked puny (Nothing wrong with the photos, they looked great).

just a thought ,but have you considered the odin chest piece ,its more open in the arm parts allowing the figures shoulders to show ,which makes him look massive and ther pretty cheap and it comes with a cool cape , this is on a mattel superman figure ,there cheap and well built in the upper body ,i also dry brushed the arm with silver paint to shine them up a bit
Picture044-1.jpg
to make the helmit blend in with the head more ,what about adding some hair ,i took a quick shot and it fills in the space between the helmit and the face prety well and could of course with a lot more care and skill that i could manage but it might help to give you the comics look your after cheers and thanks for the replacement wings chris
Picture049-1.jpg
Picture050-1.jpg

just a thought ,but have you considered the odin chest piece ,its more open in the arm parts allowing the figures shoulders to show ,which makes him look massive and ther pretty cheap and it comes with a cool cape , this is on a mattel superman figure ,there cheap and well built in the upper body ,i also dry brushed the arm with silver paint to shine them up a bit
Picture044-1.jpg
to make the helmit blend in with the head more ,what about adding some hair ,i took a quick shot and it fills in the space between the helmit and the face prety well and could of course with a lot more care and skill that i could manage but it might help to give you the comics look your after cheers and thanks for the replacement wings chris
Picture049-1.jpg
Picture050-1.jpg

This Looks SWEEEEEET Man!!!
I have been curious using a fake hair on mine so I've been wanting to see a pic of one.
That looks good bro. Great job.

Why??
I have to say that I find it incredibly strange that one would want to put rooted hair on this figure.

Not bad strange, each to their own an all that.
But tis pretty flippen strange all the same! :D

Like the rooted better. It's longer like the comics but needs to be a little thicker over all IMO.
We might get it with the Avengers release.
The Odin armor doesnt look so bad,looks like two thunder bolts on either side.

Screw rooted naysayers! ROOTED FTW!

Thor has one of the ugliest sculpted hairs I've seen. So I keep his helmet on. Sculpted long hair just sucks.

Here's a little test i made, of course need a lot more hair and they need to be a bit shorter.
Other than that i think it will look great.

Also he is on a modified advanced tt.

IMG_3080.jpg

Screw rooted naysayers! ROOTED FTW!

Thor has one of the ugliest sculpted hairs I've seen. So I keep his helmet on. Sculpted long hair just sucks.

Agreed. That rooted hair Thor looks spot on, though I think it's best with the helmet on since it comes off as a Barbie-type without it. HT's Thor hair was terrible and the lost in the dark facial expression didn't help matters. Hope they step it up on their Avengers Thor.

Back