Hot Toys MMS146- Thor (Chris Hemsworth) 1/6 Limited Edition Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont understand why people like Loki so much.:gah:
I was on Thors side.:nana:

I was on team Thor's side...although I will say that I enjoy movies that portray the "bad" guy in a more realistic light. I understand how people could root for Loki...there were things that happened to him that made you feel kinda sorry for him. IMO that's the mark of a well-written villain...he's evil, but there's a motivation behind the evil that the audience can understand. After all, in real life people are seldom all bad...

I was on team Thor's side...although I will say that I enjoy movies that portray the "bad" guy in a more realistic light. I understand how people could root for Loki...there were things that happened to him that made you feel kinda sorry for him. IMO that's the mark of a well-written villain...he's evil, but there's a motivation behind the evil that the audience can understand. After all, in real life people are seldom all bad...

Trust me, very soon people will start getting tired of motivated and realistic "bad" villains. Its getting old very soon.

IMO Thor needed a classical type of plain bad villain.:mad:

Loki in the movie is a good villian because he's inherently flawed. He's the one always in the shadow of his brother. Then he learns of his heritage and realizes he never had a shot at the throne in the first place. He's wasted his life trying to get something he can never have. The movie does a good job of giving him motivation, rather than just saying he's a bad guy. Plus he's smaller, physically weaker and played as less popular than Thor. Most people at some point in their lives relate to Loki 10X more than "captain of the football team" Thor.

Trust me, very soon people will start getting tired of motivated and realistic "bad" villains. Its getting old very soon.

IMO Thor needed a classical type of plain bad villain.:mad:

You're entitled to your opinion, but this is a ridiculous statement. Go watch a Saturday morning cartoon if you want a one-dimensional villain. Cinema is a place for drama and depth, IMO.

You're entitled to your opinion, but this is a ridiculous statement. Go watch a Saturday morning cartoon if you want a one-dimensional villain. Cinema is a place for drama and depth, IMO.

:lecture Loki is one of my favorite villains from any comic film. The actor and story were a wonderful combination......

Sometimes, the villain just looks so much cooler than the hero, or their vehicles, or their weapons, their story, etc.

The bad guys can be more appealing sometimes.

Sometimes, the villain just looks so much cooler than the hero, or their vehicles, or their weapons, their story, etc.

The bad guys can be more appealing sometimes.

This is the case for the Destroyer which most can agree looks bad ass.

As for Loki, I just wasn't digging the goat horn helmet thing at all. Looked horrible imo :lol

He didn't look lie a legitimate combatant in the fight scene either, reminds me of the first time seeing Toby McGwire whooping villains as Spidey - just can't buy it.

Loki in the movie is a good villian because he's inherently flawed. He's the one always in the shadow of his brother. Then he learns of his heritage and realizes he never had a shot at the throne in the first place. He's wasted his life trying to get something he can never have. The movie does a good job of giving him motivation, rather than just saying he's a bad guy. Plus he's smaller, physically weaker and played as less popular than Thor. Most people at some point in their lives relate to Loki 10X more than "captain of the football team" Thor.

Aye!!QFT....and this is why i can relate to the Loki character in this incarnation...

i think the figure is out in HK, guess we could see pics soon :)
HT is rolling figures out pretty fast nowadays.

Back