Hot Toys MMS146- Thor (Chris Hemsworth) 1/6 Limited Edition Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm almost tempted to get this but I still need to pick up the HT Jill Valentine and the Falconer and Tracker Predators. Hopefully they'll make another Thor figure (and I'm sure they will) when The Avengers comes out.

Re: test

I agree a different expression would be cool but I think this still look badass. I have no plans to display without the helmet.

I really liked the movie, but my one gripe was that he looked pretty good in the helmet but only wears it for like 30 seconds in the whole movie.

-Ray

The movie was alright. I found it entertaining enough to not walk out. 3D was distracting a bit and took away from the experience I feel. The dialogue was particularly weak in the earth-realm pieces and the special effects were mediocre at best. The casting was well done and Chris Hemsworth did well as Thor. Guy playing Loki did well and Hopkins owned his scenes. Overall I think the movie just serves as a short intro to Thor-verse for the eventual Avengers setup...

I wish they had a different facial expression for this figure. Not going to order it just yet - want to wait and see what else is coming down the pipeline for this year...SDCC can't come sooner!

Re: test

I really liked the movie, but my one gripe was that he looked pretty good in the helmet but only wears it for like 30 seconds in the whole movie.

-Ray

That's what I said when I left the theater. All the statues/figs that will feature him with the helmet, and he only wore it during that one scene for a few brief seconds.

I think Hemdel would be my top of the other characters to get.

I reckon all Thor characters would relatively easy to produce too?!

Heimdall would be awesome! And as awesome as HT is they are usually 3 pump chump...unless you're Iron Man or Batman. Come on HT Heimdall! :pray:

As I said in the PF/Maq thread this figure is a must and after seeing the movie I need Loki to go with Thor and Odin.

:lecture:lecture:lecture Yes, to Rusty you guys listen to! I loved this movie. Every bit.

Heimdall would be awesome! And as awesome as HT is they are usually 3 pump chump...unless you're Iron Man or Batman. Come on HT Heimdall! :pray:.

I wouldn't mind getting a Heimdall, but if they don't make a Loki I see no point in getting him. Thor and Odin look pretty great so far, but if they can't give us Loki I don't want to get any of them.

hm...just saw the film, I think the HT Thor's face definetly needs to be "thicker"...to thinny currently.

I could live with the headsculpt if the body was more buff/accurate. It doesn't look to be that big at all.

Wow, I just got back from seeing Thor and I was really impressed. Great movie! I really enjoyed it. I decided to PO the figure after all.

I really hope they make a few other characters from the movie like Loki and Sif (love Jaime Alexander)!

Well I finally saw Thor today & I gotta say I was impressed! I'm going to bite the bullet and pull the pre-order trigger on the Hot Toys Thor :D maybe Odin too :slap

Just watch it last night on bootleg dvd, I must say its pretty good. The missus liked it too, so that's always a plus, when getting the approval for buying HT figs :lol

Thor just jumps to no 1 list of my most wanted fig of 2011 :rock

Saw Thor today. Really enjoyed it, but having seen it I can say this proto does not look much like the Thor from the film (other than the costume & hammer).

As noted, his body is too small & his face is too bland. Not only is Hemsworth a facially expressive actor, this sculpt just doesn't quite capture his likeness. It looks like his slightly older, slightly fatter, and utterly bored brother, but it's not quite C.H.

But of course, there are always likeness issues when licensing actor's features and HT's prototypes always get tweaked and improved for actual production, so. . . :pray:

I'd love to see HT tackle the challenges of producing a 1:6 scale Destroyer! :yess:

I think we'll see more figs from this line, after Cap is rolled out.:monkey1

(The Cap trailer was full of win, BTW.)

I know I shouldn't say this when I want changes to be made, but will buy it, just hope they think about adding a second head sculpt.

Wow, I just got back from seeing Thor and I was really impressed. Great movie! I really enjoyed it. I decided to PO the figure after all.

I really hope they make a few other characters from the movie like Loki and Sif (love Jaime Alexander)!

:goodpost: :exactly: These would be my most wanted figures from this film too!
After that they can make Heimdall, Destroyer and The Warriors Three!

It might be better to wait for the Avengers version since they might use a different body and have a more expressive face sculpt. Only time will tell.

I keep wondering, what if the design for The Avengers sucks? :dunno
For all we know they decide to have him beardless or something in The Avengers... Don't know if that would look so cool tbh...

I'm very happy with the way how this figure looks, and I can't wait to add him to my collection! :yess:

To be honest I wouldnt expect much of a change to his outfit. Maybe something minor but it will be a tweak at best and most likely pretty much nill to the naked eye.

Back