Hot Toys MMS146- Thor (Chris Hemsworth) 1/6 Limited Edition Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanx. I don't have any plans on making this available at the moment. I did it just because I want to finish my Avengers lineup. :D With IronMonger and Batmobile coming out, I don't think I can afford to buy a third oversized figure. Plus, I wouldn't even know where to start to produce one of those. But Hulk? I can do Hulk.

That helmet looks great and the pose is solid! I gotta stop coming in this thread though. Every time I do I want to spend money!

The pose is inspired by the PF Thor statue from Sideshow, which was actually the deciding factor in buying the HT figure.

just saw the Avengers teaser at the end of Captain America Movie. Oh man, Thor's armor color looks move vivid. Looked a little bit different I think. The glimpse of him in the teaser were so fast. Loki's in the teaser, so maybe Hot Toys will make him? I hope so

Did a little research on Thor's Armor. Interesting how he can about donning it. It started as a "armored cast" for his left arm build by Tony Stark. Thor designed the rest of his armor around the "armored cast", forging it at Damascus Steel, where he had once reforged Mjolnir.

https://marvel.wikia.com/Thor's_Battle_Armor

That article is only talking about a specific armor that Thor wore for a short amount of time. It's not speaking about his classic, or Modern suit. Not trying to be a nitpick...but as a big fan of the comics I thought I'd clear that up lol. :lecture:lol

On topic, I too am in search of a good chainmail substitute...in retrospect I kinda wish Hot Toys molded the chainmail to the arms, sort of how they did with the Wolf Predator and more recently Tracker Predator. I have usually been against molded clothing or armor on my Hot Toys...but after having this figure awhile I think it could been helpful with this figure. I'm saying this after having found a part in one of his sleeves that has come unstiched.

Last edited:
Finally took some time to take some pics of Chris Hemsworth.

DSC_0028v1.jpg

DSC_0023v1.jpg

DSC_0007v1.jpg

DSC_0040v1.jpg

Hey guys, whats the best price on thor these days? I need to get him and I would like to find the cheapest one possible. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

But in the movie it's not fabric.

They are seperate scales of metal armor that actually fall off or build back up depending what's going on with Thor.

HT failed 80% (or higher) at translating his movie arm armor to their figure, most of us can probably agree on that.

It's fabric because HT made it so. His arm armor should've been made of metal or plastic painted like metal.

I have to say I actually like the HT sleeves. I'm not saying that they are the best representation of what's seen in the movie, but IMO its not an 80% fail. I think the sleeve pattern/texture is awesome...of course thats just me.
Thor-Movie-2011-575x359.jpg

Now, I know this is a pic of the comics and not the movie, but it looks like fabric to me. Reason I post this is because I originally thought its was some type of chain-mail when I first saw the modern design it in the comics a few years back.
FEARITSELF_1_COVER.jpg

And to the ones implying this may be a ridiculous topic...well it is. But that's what forums are for:lol (At least its not the Pred 1/classic/whatever you call it forum).

BTW, this also gives a sneak peak on the progress of my 1/6 Hulk which I think you can see at the back. Hopefully, It will be comparable in size with HT's IronMonger.
Picture172-1.jpg

Awesome work on the Hulk!!! May I ask, what material did you use to sculpt this? (Or what material would you recommend for 1/6 scale...super sculpy?)

Now, I know this is a pic of the comics and not the movie, but it looks like fabric to me. Reason I post this is because I originally thought its was some type of chain-mail when I first saw the modern design it in the comics a few years back.
FEARITSELF_1_COVER.jpg

And to the ones implying this may be a ridiculous topic...well it is. But that's what forums are for:lol (At least its not the Pred 1/classic/whatever you call it forum).

That doesn't look like fabic that's been ripped. Looks like metal torn apart. You can see the jagged edges and the way they stick up. You can even see how the metal plates are attached on the inside. It's armor people.

That doesn't look like fabic that's been ripped. Looks like metal torn apart. You can see the jagged edges and the way they stick up. You can even see how the metal plates are attached on the inside. It's armor people.

Looked like stitching on the inside to me. But you could be right:dunno.

Ok, finished my helmet mod.

What a _____ it was! :gah:

Dremeling all the way down to the wing was actually the easy part.

Getting it centered and glued was insane! :lol

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

:thud: I only wanted to buy the hammer & rock dio from this figure, but the "Buy It Now" prices on ebay are ridiculous :lol I passed on this figure because of the head sculpt (it's good, but there's something about it :dunno ), but seeing the price for the hammer & dio (around $70), I'm thinking I might as well purchase the figure :slap :lol

You wont regret the figure. The sculpt is amazing. I had reservations also in the beginning. Thought the sculpt could use a little more tweak but After I got it, I was way wrong. The likeness to hemsworth is spot on. The paintjob also is one of HT's best.

Back