Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmm, somehow this didn't turn out as well as i thought it would. the costume finishing seems a wee bit crude. and the ugly joints at the wrists are a major turn-off for me. also, why no tobey maguire headsculpt included? i suppose they couldn't get the likeness rights...

angolz has him for $123 + shipping. I haven't pre-ordered from them before and balked at the up-front billing. I also read a couple of less-than-stellar reviews about their customer service.

Guess I'll just go with BBTS and their $145 Spidey - I need the extra time to make up my mind on this figure before shelling out a cent.

Ordered at Angolz!! Thank you so much for the info Lejuan!!!!!
I had not heard about Angolz before, hope they are trust worthy...

He's not bad but I think the suite needs more musculature.

I remember watching the makings on the DVD and by the second movie they printed subtle muscle tonnes actually onto the costume. They should do that here and all they need do is just reprint the costume again as the details created via are print anyways.

Unless folks have already discussed this on previous 40 pages?!

Last edited:
Just watched Solidsnakes video update ..he was complaining about all the _____ing in this thread:lol..these figures are expensive so i don't see anything wrong with wanting the figs more accurate when it's in hot toys ability make them so,if all said nothing they would just walk all over us, and he also was on about all the _____ing over berserker shrinking ..and yet when he moved onto avatar he was saying how they must be so tall ...i like they guys videos and how professional he is ..but he just look's like a hypocrite in this video:rolleyes:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/IvF6IXlnqCc?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/IvF6IXlnqCc?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

They have 6-9 months to tweak/ correct the few things that are wrong.
But just as it looks now, it's a 100 times better than anything else.

^^^ Agree. Everyone needs to keep in perspective the one displayed is a prototype not the final producrion piece. That said, I wouldn't expect a major overhaul perhaps some tweaking.

I wonder if this will show up at the Singapore Toy Show this weekend?

Man, there's a lot of folks out there who place a lot of importance on their own opinion!

I find video's like this very annoying no matter who's in em.

Man, there's a lot of folks out there who place a lot of importance on their own opinion!

I find video's like this very annoying no matter who's in em.

:goodpost: ..you would think a long time collector like Ray would at least see where the "complainers" are coming from:dunno

hot toys is showing the prototype so they will learn from the collectors what should be improved or what should be changed... remember the 300 leonidas? the prototype shown had very big space between the thighs and crotch and everyone is complaining and blah blah blah about the rubber body blah blah blah... and when the fig was released they gave us an extra hs angry leonidas and the space was gone... the body is one of the best i've seen... and it's one of the best figs they got... so don't loose hope guys they are listening... they are the best in what they do except they're not logan....

I think Hot Toys listen to constructive critiquing. I also agree with pointing out what could be improved, as it is a help to Hot Toys.

What they don't like, and what gets on my nerves are people who feel the need to insult them because they did make a figure that they want, or they make too many of a line they don't like, or complain using insults full stop.

What they don't like, and what gets on my nerves are people who feel the need to insult them because they did make a figure that they want, or they make too many of a line they don't like, or complain using insults full stop.

:exactly::goodpost: Many here are good at doing this while many are not so good at it. They tend to get pissed at how can the company not do it my way and they don't know what they're doing if they don't.

I think most of here give constructive criticism without insulting the company ..but there are idiot's out there who label that as "_____ing" :rolleyes:

The one thing i hate more then those who insult the company are those who just call everyone a _____ for mearly trying to make a design suggestion..

Ordered at Angolz!! Thank you so much for the info Lejuan!!!!!
I had not heard about Angolz before, hope they are trust worthy...

No worries - report back on your purchase, I'd be keen to hear how you go with them :). I've ordered in-stock items from them no problems, but never done a pre-order with them.

Thought this SM3 custom Sandman was pretty neat!
dsc05365b.jpg

dsc05363jh.jpg

dsc05360a.jpg

dsc05361l.jpg

dsc05364dh.jpg

Back