Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All the pictures we've seen have been hard plastic boots. Is it really likely that that will change? :huh

If it does I'd be thrilled, and would most likely buy. But it seems unlikely to me.

Someone please tell me why I'm wrong. :pray:

I'd say that the chances it will change are at least 80%

Hot Toys always tweaks stuff so it's most likely they will tweak the boots. It's not that hard to do and they have about 3-4 months so they'll do it.

It's a bit more than a tweak though. They would have to start from scratch with them.

It's a bit more than a tweak though. They would have to start from scratch with them.

Starting from scratch on a pair of boots is a fairly manageable exercise. There is nothing new they have to do by way of materials because they've done flexible boots before. And retooling a mold, as would likely be required for a different plastic with a different wall-thickness etc, is no biggy.

While this is true, developing flexible boots is a longer process than churning out the rigid ones we see in the pics. My guess is HT wanted the pics out there and went with the rigid 'form studies' because the flexible ones weren't production-ready at that point.

...or maybe this is one for the conspiracy theorists who might point to a grand marketing plan, where HT promote a lesser product but end up hitting the fans with a new and improved product so the fans can throw their hands in the air and fist pump and the rest of it while proclaiming that HT actually does read this forum and has once again listened to their fans, thereby perpetuating the poll-and-petition making habits of HT fanboys.

I'd bank on the former :)

don't get your hopes up. I'm 99% certain the boots will remain. The plastic is there to add stabilty more than anything else.

I wonder what figures next from the Spiderman line, I definitely would like a Venom & black suited Spiderman, be interesting to see if we get any Goblims.

:exactly:

New_Goblin_front_view.jpg

Also for a Black Suit, how about a SS Ex Suit? That would be pretty cool, even though there is only like a 1% chance of that happening.

puke.gif
puke.gif
puke.gif

This figure is going for good prices on eBay at the moment. It is tempting to pay now because the price once it is in stock is going to shoot up.

Do we know if it's due next quarter or if the wait is likely to be longer?

This figure is going for good prices on eBay at the moment. It is tempting to pay now because the price once it is in stock is going to shoot up.

Do we know if it's due next quarter or if the wait is likely to be longer?

Go right ahead and pay right now. :lol

Dont ever preorder from eBay. :slap

Well that's my point. If the fig is due in a month I'll be covered by paypal, any longer and it's not worth the risk.

Do not expect this figure to be released in Q2, as Q3 is far more likely - and towards the end of Q3 more likely again. What sort of ebay prices are you looking at?

I've preordered all my figures from Ebay.. so far I've had 0 problems.

7 for 7!

Have you preordered through the same seller each time, or from different sellers? Are they all local, or based in SE Asia etc? It's good to know some good ebay preorder experiences, 'cause I only hear bad things about it.

Same seller, based in Hong Kong. Some of the best prices around I would say at least for me.

Funny because i've never really heard bad things, i've just heard of people hearing things lol.

I guess it's just chance, i've been lucky maybe. :dunno

I think if you preorder from eBay preorder from a good retailer with 100% service. I can't for this figure.

Back