Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the version shown at the show looks great and I'd take it as is but if HT can actually make improvements then the wait will be worth it.

Ah I never knew that. Makes sense, i'm sure they just wanted to show off the goods instead of delaying things for another quarter. I have a feeling this one change a bit over the next 6 months. For the better of course.

It's good to know they're working to improve the figure and I think it will be worth the wait. There are plenty of releases in between that will keep me pretty busy anyhow.

I think the version shown at the show looks great and I'd take it as is but if HT can actually make improvements then the wait will be worth it.

That's what puzzled me to read that comment from them, I don't see anything wrong with the joints on the figure to deal with, MAYBE the knees if anywher, but the arm articulation points harly show.

I actually worry about what they might do, hopefully they don't get hung up on the aesthetics and toss out articulation, You really have to judge each figure by the character it represents and choose the right mix of looks and posability. Spider-man is a character that should have a high ammount of articulation and it's less important if ever millimeter of the body has a perfect human look, if a part looks like a figure joint, oh well, it is a figure afterall, not a statue or a real person.

That's what puzzled me to read that comment from them, I don't see anything wrong with the joints on the figure to deal with, MAYBE the knees if anywher, but the arm articulation points harly show.

I actually worry about what they might do, hopefully they don't get hung up on the aesthetics and toss out articulation, You really have to judge each figure by the character it represents and choose the right mix of looks and posability. Spider-man is a character that should have a high ammount of articulation and it's less important if ever millimeter of the body has a perfect human look, if a part looks like a figure joint, oh well, it is a figure afterall, not a statue or a real person.

I was hoping that they were working to increase the articulation of the figure. I think a lot of weird joints on the Spidey won't be too big of a deal since his entire body is covered with the suit.

Ah I never knew that. Makes sense, i'm sure they just wanted to show off the goods instead of delaying things for another quarter. I have a feeling this one change a bit over the next 6 months. For the better of course.

we hope for the better. they've made wonky design decisions for the worse in the past.

For all we know they could make a last minute change and put him on a royce body with percious legs.

and that would be worse than what Lex Luthor did while no one was looking.

Maybe some small tweaks but I'm fine with it as is. I like the body has a bit of muscle definition in it. They could screw it up by going much further either way.

I think the body looks great except the calves look kind of scrawny and in one of the poses the boot was pulled away from the leg making it look awkward. Other than that I think it looks great! Cant wait to see more pictures of him.

Im very happy with it and already pre-ordered but if theres anything i'd like to seen changed its the boots they should be material.

A figure like Spidy... most if not all the effort depends on tailoring and sticking of the webbing to the suit. Slightly different knee or elbow joints should not impact the figure much.... It would also have a higher variation from figure to figure.

I speculate this figure might be one of the faster ones out to retail.

Hot Toys should have released this already because in another month or two we will start to see the suit from the reboot movie. If it looks better than this, I might have to cancel my PO since I dont really need two Spiderman
Spiderman is the only suit that I need one of because it rarely changes.

Hot Toys should have released this already because in another month or two we will start to see the suit from the reboot movie. If it looks better than this, I might have to cancel my PO since I dont really need two Spiderman

Then why would you need to cancel? Just keep this one and call it a day. :peace

If this franchises Spider-man is anything to go by we won't be getting the 2012 suit until.... what... 2015? lol

So for a good 4 years you can have a decent Spidey in your collection!

I think Hot Toys is on top of acquiring liscenses now, versus how they have been. Look how fast they got Capt. America and Thor before the movie released. I figure we would see prototype suit from the new spidey movie this Christmas.

If you prefer to have a skiny spider-man, then wait for the Andrew Garfield version. :rotfl

I think Hot Toys is on top of acquiring liscenses now, versus how they have been. Look how fast they got Capt. America and Thor before the movie released. I figure we would see prototype suit from the new spidey movie this Christmas.

I think the reason they managed to get those two really fast is due to the relationship Hot Toys has recently established with Marvel. They probably had these licenses around the time they acquired Iron Man's.

However with Spider-man they have to go through Sony as well as Marvel I would assume making the process longer.

They picked up a number of older Marvel movie licenses.

You'll see the "reboot" figure(s) in 2012.

Well i got £1374's worth of other collectibles coming in early to mid 2011, i think i'll have to cancel spidey, my comiquette will keep me satisfied for a while, plus they'll probably release a better one in a year or so, just look at the history of the Iron Man line.

I want this sooooooo bad.

Is it Q2 yet?

5289594987_53a1be84e8_o.jpg

IMG_20101206_121132.jpg

6a853733jw6dc2xrsazp1j.jpg

Last edited:
Back