Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spidey getting ready to go out:

picture.php

The more I see pics rolling out of this figure the more I like it. Kind of belongs to another era though with a sub-$150 MSRP. Ah, those were the days...

I can see where badrat is coming from in that this figure is missing a fancy sculpt, fancy paint apps, and fancy accessories. It really is pretty different from what we usually get from HT.

I can see where badrat is coming from in that this figure is missing a fancy sculpt, fancy paint apps, and fancy accessories. It really is pretty different from what we usually get from HT.

Thanks for the back up there, karamazov80.... unless you're just being sarcastic, that is.:impatient:

I'm not being sarcastic. . .I would neeeever do thaaaat. Seriously though, it is a very different type of figure, and for those who don't like Spidey as a character, I can see them being disinterested. I don't know if Spidey's gonna blow your mind seeing him on the shelf like a Vito Corleone would.

Eh, IMO it depends on the price range. It is a basic release like the Widow rolling in around $150 so it won't have much. Whereas Goblin Jr has duplicate head sculpt and rolls in around $170.

Simply because of the nature of the character I'd agree he isn't going to look as amazing as other figures. Thats not really HT fault here. I think its a figure in need of futzing of the body and outfit to look its best and some of the seams are a bit unfortunate but I can see how a figure with this costume was always going to be tough to achieve. I think they probably did the best they can do right now.

Maybe the more pictures that come through the more Ill like it, could be part of the problem is the lighting too makes the suit look really dark. I dont know I just dont think the eyes look quite right but hopefully other pics will look better. His body does almost seem bulkier than Thors especially the legs wow.

Eyes looking weird in some pics is the thing that bothers me most about it at this point. I think the seams can be ignored, but the eyes are a focal point of the figure. They look great in some pics, and weird in others. . .I'm hoping the mask fits a bit loosely on the head so we can adjust the eyes slightly if necessary.

Back