Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a pity the MMS02 Gargoyle sunglasses were scaled to the older larger Hot Toys heads, they likely would be too big on the spiky haired headsculpt of this figure. I'll test it anyway when I get this one - just out of curiosity and to work up some excitement for Police Station Shootout T-800.

You have a point. Hot Toys could take a lesson from Sideshow. Imagine a Tech Noir T-800 with this kind of paint application:

DSC07977.jpg

HOLY ____.

Not only does that have the PERFECT paint applications, that headsculpt is a better Arnold headsculpt than the actual Arnold headsculpt!

Its a pity the MMS02 Gargoyle sunglasses were scaled to the older larger Hot Toys heads, they likely would be too big on the spiky haired headsculpt of this figure. I'll test it anyway when I get this one - just out of curiosity and to work up some excitement for Police Station Shootout T-800.

yeah, i tried the gargoyle sunglasses on the hot toys T2 and they look too big.
his nose looks really small with them on and they are too loose fitting on his head...still looks kind of cool though.
and besides, a police station shoot-out is bound to be released at some point.

Last edited:
ok hot toys this is my opinion.and im sure many people share it. please give me a head with the dug out eye the trucker head sunglasses the leather coat and a gray t shirt, and i this is a must buy. but right now im kind of on the fence. i like it but i feel just somewhat disappointed. im happy to pay a dx price for all this goodness

Last edited:
$195 on Sideshows website, that seems kinda high, for that kind of money I was expecting the leather jacket so you can have both versions like the T-1000.

The figure does seem a bit too high priced, but i broke down and preordered two. I think HT did a great job on this figure. The headsculpts look amazing.

I'm definitely pre-ordering this new Terminator T-800. But since I'm on such a limited budget, I'm going to pre-order it from the online store with the cheapest price. I'll be hard pressed to get one...much less two of them. So hopefully this will be a nice Christmas present for myself. We'll see...

Yeah, Hot Toys will release the "Police station" shootout T-800 with the leather jacket and those cool Gargoyles sunglasses, and the "spikey-hair"! They HAVE to, and I know the fan demand is there for it. :wave

yeah, i tried the gargoyle sunglasses on the hot toys T2 and they look too big.
his nose looks really small with them on and they are too loose fitting on his head...still looks kind of cool though.
and besides, a police station shoot-out is bound to be released at some point.

I posted this a few pages back to show off the MMS02 gargoyles (T2 head ofcourse, but cant really see the T1 sculpt being any bigger than this).

00_BD_T-800.jpg

I was trying to decide if I would get this... as it would be easy enough to bash a police shootout version with MMS02&MMS136 -> 2nd head, but the gargoyles do look really awkward and the head (T2 anyway) a bit small. I think it would be easy to mod the glasses to get them fit, but I dont want to risk it...
This kinda setup would be fun though. I think it would have a nice "old" figure wibe to it. Kinda nostalgic as this was the second Hot Toys figure I ever bought and the historic aspect of being the second in the HT MMS lineup. But maybe I'll just wait to see if there's a second release...

Last edited:
I posted this a few pages back to show off the MMS02 gargoyles (T2 head ofcourse, but cant really see the T1 sculpt being any bigger than this).

00_BD_T-800.jpg

I was trying to decide if I would get this... as it would be easy enough to bash a police shootout version with MMS02&MMS136 -> 2nd head, but the gargoyles do look really awkward and the head (T2 anyway) a bit small. I think it would be easy to mod the glasses to get them fit, but I dont want to risk it...
This kinda setup would be fun though. I think it would have a nice "old" figure wibe to it. Kinda nostalgic as this was the second Hot Toys figure I ever bought and the historic aspect of being the second in the HT MMS lineup. But maybe I'll just wait to see if there's a second release...

The original pair of glasses are oversized for that head.

Besides, HT's is going to look just like this, so it doesn't matter.

terminator1image.jpg

013a6603fb98.jpg

i guess we'll be able to see a bald terminator removing this part of head.

00_BD_T-800.jpg

The original pair of glasses are oversized for that head.

Besides, HT's is going to look just like this, so it doesn't matter.

terminator1image.jpg

The good news is that the new sculpt seems to have a slightly thicker jawline, and thicker hair, so the glasses might not look as big (I still think they look pretty good on the T2)

The bad news is because of the thicker hair at the sides, you can't rest the glasses on the ears

hottoyst1t800pr16.jpg

This is now ordered from angolz for 207 USD incl. shipping, pretty descent price (Sill think the figure is way too expensive!)

This is the problem with consumers in this branch, we are displeased with a product but still buy it, so companies does not need to change...

Back