Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think if your looking for a Terminator at a good price, then the new one should do the job just fine. I'm guessing anybody that's a huge Arnie fan already has them all, so it's easy for us to voice our displeasure with each version. One of my first concerns with the 238 was the body size, which I brought up very early in that thread. I was very concerned seeing the in hand pics of that one, but knew I would pick one up cause it was the missing piece to the collection. Not perfect by a long shot, yet way better than my bash. Overall, I'm glad I have it even though we all know it could have been better. The longer it has been on the shelf, the more I'm liking it, which makes me happy :)

15956878772_bc25956566_c.jpg

The 136 is a fantastic figure and as a-dev mentioned, probably a better overall package when it comes to the amount of detail put into the figure. It's one of HT best figures ever made. If you don't mind paying the after market prices, then the Tech Noir is a must own figure. I think if your shopping around for a Terminator, then it's definitely in the top three done by HT. If your a casual fan though, then I say go for Police Shootout now for the best price. If you want the very best Terminators made, then pony up and get a DX13, or EB 1/4. Those are my favorite Arnies in my collection. My novel is done :lol

12071957006_e31a910bcd_b.jpg

15783105800_4d8a86a1ef_b.jpg

15592995879_42d8961cb6_b.jpg

I think a-dev has it right about the 238. I was reped for my comment about it being a missed opportunity by HT. It looks like they just pushed it through quickly and didn't take their time with it unlike the DX-13 which was phenomenal. I also find it interesting how quickly it was released. Most figures seem to be delayed and pushed back as common place but the 238 was released a bit early. I wonder if HT rushed it quickly to get it over and done with so that they could go back to making Iron Men.

I agree there is no way this is FOTY material. In fact I have no nomination myself for FOTY. I felt 2014 to be a poor year 1/6 wise for myself. I can' think of a single figure that deserves any kind of significant praise. At best I would nominate Art Figures armoured Cop but I am not a hardcore fan of the source material as I am of Terminator, Aliens etc for it to really resonate with me on such a high level.

The clean HS and wacky body proportions are keeping me from picking this up. Which is a shame because the police station shootout is only one of the most iconic action scenes ever. :mad:

Maybe somewhere amid the dozens of SW, AoU and Marvel figures we'll be seeing over the next several years, HT will redo this figure as well as Kyle Reese and Uncle Bob, as well as a new endo.

HT won't let the 25th anniversary of T2 come and go, will it?

The clean HS and wacky body proportions are keeping me from picking this up. Which is a shame because the police station shootout is only one of the most iconic action scenes ever. :mad:

Maybe somewhere amid the dozens of SW, AoU and Marvel figures we'll be seeing over the next several years, HT will redo this figure as well as Kyle Reese and Uncle Bob, as well as a new endo.

Do you have the Tech Noir buddy? If so, then you have T1 covered for now. If you don't have either, then I don't know how you could wait that long for something that might happen in a few years :wink1:

Do you have the Tech Noir buddy? If so, then you have T1 covered for now. If you don't have either, then I don't know how you could wait that long for something that might happen in a few years :wink1:

No, I don't have the TN. It's apparently pretty expensive now and a lot of the neck pegs are in bad shape? :slap The pants and boots also need replacing, don't they? If HT never revisits them, so be it. It'll suck but I'll live. :monkey2

I can agree with what both A-dev and DA are saying, but there comes a time when you got to just step back and enjoy these figures for what they are, sure they could always be better and in the case of the Body for the MMS238 should be better, they created a new body for Commando that should have been used here:lecture

All and all they are still great figures and should be on the shelf of terminator fans:)

DSCN0228_zps0545969a.jpg

DSCN0229_zps17f6d52a.jpg

RSCN0237_zps534ee5ae.jpg

RSCN0238_zps8e45b778.jpg

DSCN0240_zps8657e8da.jpg

DSCN0236_zpscf087eba.jpg

RSCN0241_zps7224b382.jpg

DSCN0233_zps88be3ca9.jpg

DSCN0232_zps27abe65f.jpg

DOH! :slap I meant to post in NEW T1 MMS 238 thread he's finaly arriving still need to hunt down a TECH NOIR Arnie. Still a Bad ass figure this one is.

I enjoyed the read man. :lol

Firstly, let me say that I actually agree with a lot of what you wrote. Literally within the last few days or so, I've been checking out pics of the 238 & then thinking about how incredible a release the 136 really is. So pleased I bit the bullet early & got the set, & it delivers in spades - not only in faithfulness to the source, but in mutha****ing VALUE. :rock

You're right - while the 238 was a grail that needed prompt attention, the end result is lacking. THE BODY. I was just thinking of how disappointing the physique is. Sure, it helps with articulation under that jacket etc, but still - huge misfire. The other points you raise, the likeness, the hair, the lack of the trademark clammy complexion, the missed opportunities with the clothing.. it all adds up. That said (& as you say) it's not an unwelcome release.. just a disappointing one. I've missed the boat with getting this one at a reasonable price anyway, but it doesn't matter really - I already have two great HT T-800s. :)

I really wanted the DX13 - still catching up with other stuff in general, but THAT was as close to a home run as HT have gotten, & the MMS136 certainly isn't far behind.

I thought I told you not to post anything rep-worthy until I could give any out to you again. WTF man.

But yeah, thank you, I agree with your agreement.

I think if your looking for a Terminator at a good price, then the new one should do the job just fine. I'm guessing anybody that's a huge Arnie fan already has them all, so it's easy for us to voice our displeasure with each version. One of my first concerns with the 238 was the body size, which I brought up very early in that thread. I was very concerned seeing the in hand pics of that one, but knew I would pick one up cause it was the missing piece to the collection. Not perfect by a long shot, yet way better than my bash. Overall, I'm glad I have it even though we all know it could have been better. The longer it has been on the shelf, the more I'm liking it, which makes me happy :)

The 136 is a fantastic figure and as a-dev mentioned, probably a better overall package when it comes to the amount of detail put into the figure. It's one of HT best figures ever made. If you don't mind paying the after market prices, then the Tech Noir is a must own figure. I think if your shopping around for a Terminator, then it's definitely in the top three done by HT. If your a casual fan though, then I say go for Police Shootout now for the best price. If you want the very best Terminators made, then pony up and get a DX13, or EB 1/4. Those are my favorite Arnies in my collection. My novel is done :lol

Good post sir.

I think a-dev has it right about the 238. I was reped for my comment about it being a missed opportunity by HT. It looks like they just pushed it through quickly and didn't take their time with it unlike the DX-13 which was phenomenal. I also find it interesting how quickly it was released. Most figures seem to be delayed and pushed back as common place but the 238 was released a bit early. I wonder if HT rushed it quickly to get it over and done with so that they could go back to making Iron Men.

I agree there is no way this is FOTY material. In fact I have no nomination myself for FOTY. I felt 2014 to be a poor year 1/6 wise for myself. I can' think of a single figure that deserves any kind of significant praise. At best I would nominate Art Figures armoured Cop but I am not a hardcore fan of the source material as I am of Terminator, Aliens etc for it to really resonate with me on such a high level.

I feel the same. As I think I made pretty clear I wouldn't vote MMS238 as FOTY much as I would have loved to have done so. Neither will I vote Robocop because the paint scheme issue has bothered me more as time has gone on rather than less. It just seems like such a shame - at prototype stage the Robocop line appeared to be nailed. But between rubber domes, poorly redubbed and edited sound clips and chromocop the final release figures fell short.

So I feel more inclined now to give my vote to NECA's Alien Queen - phenomenal sculpt. Paint and QC may vary but since that isn't particularly surprising with a low-end figure I won't hold it against it for the purposes of a FOTY vote. Mine seems to be fine so far anyway. If, come time that there is any official awards that I can actually vote on, I'll go with this one. Or if high-end and low-end and different scales are listed separately I'll probably not vote at all for a high-end 1:6 figure since all I've bought is T-800 and Robocop.

I doubt they'll care much about a 25th anniversary. Particularly not when there's a glut of Superheroes to be made. A 30th anniversary perhaps....

I can agree with what both A-dev and DA are saying, but there comes a time when you got to just step back and enjoy these figures for what they are, sure they could always be better and in the case of the Body for the MMS238 should be better, they created a new body for Commando that should have been used here:lecture

All and all they are still great figures and should be on the shelf of terminator fans:)

:wink1:

Also I kept talking about the body-size and we all have been - the other way to look at it is had HT simply kept the head sizes consistent with previous Terminator figures we wouldn't have so much of a problem. I think the 238 body would still be a little on the small side for T1 in that scenario but it wouldn't be as noticeably off as it is now.

Also I kept talking about the body-size and we all have been - the other way to look at it is had HT simply kept the head sizes consistent with previous Terminator figures we wouldn't have so much of a problem. I think the 238 body would still be a little on the small side for T1 in that scenario but it wouldn't be as noticeably off as it is now.

That's very true, it make a big different on proportions, here is a look at the 136 head on the same body

DSCN0083_zps9bfd1eef.jpg

I do love the new heads but there's no getting around they effect the look of these figures negatively when used on body's they weren't meant for:lecture

Absolutely love MMS136 - I think this facesculpt really captures the character really well. MMS238 has really soft features in comparison so I never bothered picking it up.

Also, has anyone seen an issue where the neck peg comes off easily from the body on this? Mine seems a bit loose and stuck to the head. Displays fine but just isn't as snug.

100% agree with you guys. Straight out of the box I thought the mms238 looked a little odd/strange. The porpotions just ain't right

Back