Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1) Tech Noir using either the Uzi or .45 longslide. I've moved him onto a T2 body which has more range of movement in its torso articulation...at least in the examples I have to compare. Theres no noticeable difference in the appearance when the clothes are on.

2) Arm surgery - he has MMS02's slightly too small pants - I needed his actual pants on another figure - the MMS02's pants can't fasten around the thick waist of the new T-800 body and as a result the crotch is open. This is hidden however by the T1s punk vest and jacket. Also this is the figure I will ultimately be displaying sitting down - when in a sitting position the MMS02 pants sorta get pulled down and he displays builders crack - but again the punk jacket will hide this. Thus he gets away with having pants that are too small while the next figure gets the proper ones. The MMS02 pants look otherwise completely fine.

3) Eye surgery - I've got this on a T2 body. At the moment its using the extra BD head which I hope to replace with the exposed endo-eye head eventually. Its wearing the MMS02 grey vest, T1s pants taken from the above figure, and MMS02's boots. I'm going to add bandages to his right arm and hand and I'll try to pose him with the scalpel somehow, as he starts cutting out his damaged human eye. I might also see if I can give him a bloodstained white towel.

4) Naked Arnie!!! The new T1 T-800 body is quite aesthetically pleasing if, like me, you accept that this is an action figure and can forgive the joints. Hot Toys have gone to greater lengths to make the joints less obvious on this body - this was discussed here before and we were surprised that they'd made changes to the body after the T2. They did, and its for the better. I wanted to have one nude for either the T1 or T2 arrival scenes or the T4 CGI arnie so I took this body from my Tech Noir figure and gave Tech Noir the slightly less visually appealing T2 body instead.

5) This one is very incomplete but it'll be based on the poster image and various other promotional pics of Arnie. Its on a Billy Sole body whose chest matches the appearance of Arnie's chest in the poster quite well. Its got the MMS02's leather jacket (which wouldn't come close to fitting on the new T-800 bodies). The legs, waist and ass are going to need beefing up which I may just do with bubblewrap. I'm not satisfied with the pants I'm using though (SS Sarah Connors!!!), and I'm all out of proper T1 pants. I'm not too fussed about accurate pants for this figure at the moment but better tailored ones would be nice at least. I have no head for this one yet and I also may run into problems putting it on this body when the time comes. Ideally the head would, again, be the exposed endo-eye head with new Gargoyle sunglasses. MMS02s ones are a no-go, much too big. Lastly the hands will be spares from our new T1 figure - although theres no wrist peg thats ideal - too big or too small.

Lastly, if anyones been reading all these words and you've counted my use of two T2 bodies in the above - well I took one from the extra MMS117 I bought (definitely my last one!!) alongside my T1s and one from my Cyberdyne T-800. I regret that I had to do that but I've salvaged the situation for Cyberdyne T-800 believe it or not by using my spare Dutch (from Predator) body. This is my infamous "2 left armed" Dutch that I never returned. I had performed surgery on it to convert the extra left arm into a right arm but unfortunately it was left with visible scars and I just would never have been satisfied using it as my nude T-800 as I had always planned. So now its all hidden under the cyberdyne gear.
The upper body proportions on the dressed figure are great, the jacket fits very well actually, better than it even does on the proper T-800 body. Its not without problems though. Posing is now more limited, not just because theres no articulation in the Dutch torso but also because the jacket prevents the arms from holding a gun-firing pose and makes the collar lift upwards whenever I try to raise an arm. However I don't have any plans for dramatic poses on my Cyberdyne T2, I've been happy with a simple intimidating striding pose so far.
Another problem is the legs and waist needed padding out - the Dutch body is only muscled on top and is also very top-heavy and the hip joints aren't strong enough with the result that the figure wants to lean forward.
The final problem is the head/neck connection isn't ideal with reduced poseability and a visible gap - I'm going to have to do something about that by trying to increase the thickness of the rubber neck at the top where it goes into the head.
Right now it'll do but the OCD in me may ultimately not be satisfied with the way my Cyberdyne T-800 is now - it looks almost no different at all but I'll know its not completely right

Sorry to quote this huge post of mine but its just to explain whats in my pics. I was too lazy to copy&paste from it for clarity during the posting of my pics.

great pics adev............like the tribute to the poster......:clap

Thanks barryo, I hope to improve that one in the future, its a bit hodgepodge right now.

So A-Dev, does the HT BD T-800 Jacket work well on the T1 Body?

I haven't tried. What you see in my pics is that jacket on the Billy Sole (predator) body. I think Voorhees said it is possible to get it onto the new body though.

IMG_4358Small.jpg

A-dev -- your excitement is infectious. That's a lot of pics -- "detailed files." But they're great. You have an awesome collection!

And you Cyberdyne T2 T-800 is EXCELLENT!

Thanks a lot Wor-gar :)

The pants on that figure are taken from the MMS02 figure. I used his original pants on the eye-surgery one. MMS02's pants are slightly too small at the waist for the new T-800 bodies so they don't fasten closed properly. I can get away with that on the arm surgery figure because hes still wearing the longish punk jacket which hides the fact that the crotch of his pants is open!

The Cyberdyne T2 as you see it in my pics is on a Dutch (predator) body. Thats why the head isn't a perfect fit as you can see in some of the photos. To be honest I'm not fully satisfied with this one myself as articulation is too limited on him now and he kinda leans forward. His proportions look slightly better maybe but he just doesn't feel right to me.

Yeah I think P. has been trying to tell us the pants are the wrong colour for a while now and we didn't care to hear it. It seems to be the case - and yet what, I think Voorhees27 said, is also true - that his pants later on in the film are a lighter colour more like what HT gave us. Like the scene where he leaves his apartment to go get Sarah's mum. In that part he isn't even wearing the boots, hes got some sort of shoe on instead.

I think we can all agree the original Teminator was a fairly primitive film compared to the later ones. More of a cult classic than a movie like T2. I enjoyed it, but it definitely struck me as a different type of flick and T2 remained my favorite. The T-800 design however, was much cooler in T1, which is why I waited to spring on this figure.
Back to the movie talk, everything about it screams that it's dated, so it's not too surprising to see some little inconsistencies here and there. I guess HT has given us the main Tech Noir design that everyone knows and loves from that specific scene. Little changes here and there aren't as big a deal.

On a seperate note, it suuuuuuuuuuuuuure would be nice to track down a SPAS-12.

EDIT: A-dev, just scrolled back up to look at your pics. Your excitement really is infectious, like Wor-Gar said. So pumped for this release! One of the reasons I love the T1 Arnie design so much more is that he has totally different looks throughout. In T2, the differences in his looks consisted mainly of battle-damage, weapons, and change in T-shirt color. Here, you've got a lot to work with, as long as you have the proper accessories and previously-done clothing.

That's a lot of Terminators, IMO.

I get that my kind of collecting of the HT Terminator lines would be way excessive for some people. It probably is excessive. Really I shouldn't be buying anything else while I'm doing this and yet I've got Falconer, Sgt Barnes, Batman&scarecrow, NECA 1/4 scale predators etc on order. Really want Barney Ross aswell. Arnie would say to me "You lack Discipline!!"

@Blade - thanks, definitely great fun has been had, just like the T-1000 release it was exciting being able to put together more figures than I had actually purchased because of extras the new figures provided plus stuff I already had on hand.

I do like the color of the pants on the MMS02 better (like the pic above) than the ones that come with the current HT choice.

I was holding out for the Police Station T-800 but I just can't hold out anymore. I'm getting this Tech Noir version!!! Dammit!

I will be dying the pants though. Seems they should be darker and cooler, more towards gray than khaki.

Does anyone know if the ankle joints of this new T-800 body are compatible with the boots of the BD T-800 release? Or are the boots removable parts?

I get that my kind of collecting of the HT Terminator lines would be way excessive for some people. It probably is excessive. Really I shouldn't be buying anything else while I'm doing this and yet I've got Falconer, Sgt Barnes, Batman&scarecrow, NECA 1/4 scale predators etc on order. Really want Barney Ross aswell. Arnie would say to me "You lack Discipline!!"
I actually do want two of these guys eventually, but like you mention, so many great HT figures out now that I have to be picky and bide my time where I can. I've really gotta sell more of my stuff, but I don't know what else I can get rid of. Bah.

Does anyone know if the ankle joints of this new T-800 body are compatible with the boots of the BD T-800 release? Or are the boots removable parts?

The MMS02 BD T-800 has totally hollow boots that a true-type foot fits into. Once you get those old outdated TT feet out you are free to replace them with new TT feet - feet that are compatable with the new T-800 bodies -so yes the MMS02 boots can be used with the new figures. I'm using them on my eye-surgery T-800.

So what you're saying is if I had a BD T-800 (debating that right now, heh heh), I would have to switch out the boots and feet onto the new body for it to work? And it's a good fit? Everything compatible, joint-wise?

So what you're saying is if I had a BD T-800 (debating that right now, heh heh), I would have to switch out the boots and feet onto the new body for it to work? And it's a good fit? Everything compatible, joint-wise?

Yeah the older body that the MMS02 was on used a completely different ankle joint - more similar to todays wrist pegs than todays ankle joints. You would need a set of feet from I think any modern truetype. I had to glue in place the cylindrical socket inside the feet. They kept popping out and the boots would fall off. Once you do this they fit just fine. Perhaps a little wobbly but they won't fall off.

And then dump that MMS02 body! Its useless...and bizarrely orange

Yeah the older body that the MMS02 was on used a completely different ankle joint - more similar to todays wrist pegs than todays ankle joints. You would need a set of feet from I think any modern truetype. I had to glue in place the cylindrical socket inside the feet. They kept popping out and the boots would fall off. Once you do this they fit just fine. Perhaps a little wobbly but they won't fall off.

Thanks so much for the help! I'll give it some thought. Right now, I'm suffering from that medical condition P!tu mentioned when he opened his HT Dutch -- Arnie Overload.

Amazing pics, A-Dev.
All those variants you made = pure badassery.

Mind if I ask what gloved hands you used for your cyberdyne Arnold?!
I wanna start getting the gear for it next month and can´t find quite the right stuff...

:bow :bow :bow Awesome pics A-dev! :rock I felt like a little kid looking at all your pics and seeing all those combinations that I've been dying to try. Can't wait till Friday. :lecture

Back