Hot Toys - MMS136 - THE TERMINATOR: 1/6 T-800 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys THE TERMINATOR 1/6 T-800 Teaser

When the Terminator is aiming his gun at Sarah in the club just about Reese pop him I want to re-create that scene. YEAH!!!

well can't really recreate without a Sarah 1/6

that's the unfortunate thing, two of the best scenes from both films are the first enounter fights but we're missing the intended targets in John Connor and Sarah.

well can't really recreate without a Sarah 1/6

Well we can always be creative with the T-2 Sarah Connah. I wasnt even planning to buy the Sarah Connah figure but now I might think it over.

I predict that this figure will become the new King of Hot Toys.
Hard to imagine a better figure than T2 Arnie but this is just the nuts.

I first saw The Terminator when I was 14 (about 1988). The sex scene was the talk of the school as it was 'so graphic'! :lol

T2 is the first movie I went to see twice in the cinema. Christ, I am getting on a bit eh?!

Ditto, agree with everything you said. I'd rather this just be tech noir version (which i assumed it would be), and the extra bits are an awesome touch. Love it.

I agree with both of you guys. I can't wait for tomorrow to see all the awesomeness.:hi5:

Hard to imagine a better figure than T2 Arnie but this is just the nuts.

I first saw The Terminator when I was 14 (about 1988). The sex scene was the talk of the school as it was 'so graphic'! :lol

T2 is the first movie I went to see twice in the cinema. Christ, I am getting on a bit eh?!

How do you think I feel?Im 44 now and saw this at the Odeon when I was barely 18.But it was pre-internet,no satellite-only "Film'84" with Barry Norman and I never watched that.Only knew about it because of a poster id seen at Tottenham Court Road tube station and recognized his name from my Mums mail-order catalogues where he advertised weight-lifting gear.

I was blown away!!

Hot Toys never allows any one of its figures to hold the throne for long. Last week I was prepared to accept Barney Ross as the new king, already he has been moved aside. Next week of course I will actually have the T-1000 and he will rule over all...for a short while.

I'm not sure when I saw Terminator at the theater, but I know I wasn't 18. My Dad took my brother and I to see a double feature of Terminator and Wrath of Khan. Good times...good times.

How do you think I feel?Im 44 now and saw this at the Odeon when I was barely 18.But it was pre-internet,no satellite-only "Film'84" with Barry Norman and I never watched that.Only knew about it because of a poster id seen at Tottenham Court Road tube station and recognized his name from my Mums mail-order catalogues where he advertised weight-lifting gear.

I was blown away!!

Wow that's cool!

I happen to think that T1 is one of the finest Sci Fi movies ever made.
I prefer it to T2.
Even when T2 came out I felt is was lackin the grit and noir vibe of the original. Still great but just too glossy by comparason. It also has that great first time director vibe to it I think! :)

I have no memory of when I first saw T1 or if I saw it before or after I had seen T2. It was either on TV or video.

how come studios don't re-release a film again in theaters to commemorate an anniversary. goodness it would be so awesome to see T2 in an actual theater again next year for the 20th anniversary.

Unfortunately cinema rereleases aren't guaranteed success stories no matter how highly regarded the film is.

Hot Toys never allows any one of its figures to hold the throne for long.
This has been true so far, but the only thing I can imagine de-throning this is Police Assault T-800. Nothing else could possibly compete, because no other character is as worthy.

Dr. Strangelove or Big Lebowski figures would be close runners-up, though.

how come studios don't re-release a film again in theaters to commemorate an anniversary. goodness it would be so awesome to see T2 in an actual theater again next year for the 20th anniversary.

They do, its usually just a limited run though, and obviously not for every movie. I'm sure T2 will be playing on the big screen somewhere next year, you just need to not live in a sucky city that doesn't play old movies. :) I've seen ALIENS twice on the big screen since its original release, once in 1996 (10 year anniversary) and again in 2000.

They do, its usually just a limited run though, and obviously not for every movie. I'm sure T2 will be playing on the big screen somewhere next year, you just need to not live in a sucky city that doesn't play old movies. :) I've seen ALIENS twice on the big screen since its original release, once in 1996 (10 year anniversary) and again in 2000.

yeah I do live in a small area and the local theater closed last year so I'm out of luck. wow I hope they do something for Terminator 2, even with all the 3-D it probably would outdo them anyway.

Alien was remastered and played in New Orleans a few years ago, but I couldn't get over there to see it. Was a bummer.

Oh, so Kyle Reese will be made to right?

I just want a proper head for Hicks from Aliens.

Oh, so Kyle Reese will be made to right?

I just want a proper head for Hicks from Aliens.

if Hot Toys made a T-1000 it's pretty safe to say they will make a Reese as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back