Hot Toys - MMS130 - Predators: Berserker Predator (Full Spec & Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't really care about the head size, but I am hoping that they extend the dreads and make the colors a bit more accurate. The helmet is off, and the skintone isn't quite dark enough.

Hottoys Berserker is amazing and i don't want any change...
Hottoys P1 has more issues with the headsculpt.

Hottoys Berserker is amazing and i don't want any change...
Hottoys P1 has more issues with the headsculpt.
...No. That's not even remotely true. P1 head's snout is too long, that's it. Berserker's head is completely the wrong shape, size, and even very wrong proportionately to itself.

2zi4lu8.jpg

His head is meant to be more like this concept art than a classic Predator, but Hot Toys just sculpted him like they would any other Predator.

Predators_predator.jpg

Like I said I think it's the mandibles that throw the likeness off. Even the improved mandibles shown at the cons still don't seem to stick out quite wide enough, at least the top ones don't. The bio though is whats really undersized more so than the head. At the very least, if HT doen't fix the bios size, maybe one of our resident artists like taylordurdem can make a custom one thats correct size.

when I'll have the figure. because I want to buy ... will study the theme of the mask
but it may be difficult to resolve. the mask looks very good but it is small as the head

the figure seems magnified. and I will try to buy 2. but I recognize that hottoys wrong to do work again

hottoys sometimes makes mistakes unpardonable. but looking at the figure alone look good

Look at the pic a few pages back with his BIO on (sideview), now look at the pic with his BIO off(sideview).

Theres NO WAY the bio would fit on his head. NO WAY so I'm glad HT did what they did.

Look at the pic a few pages back with his BIO on (sideview), now look at the pic with his BIO off(sideview).

Theres NO WAY the bio would fit on his head. NO WAY so I'm glad HT did what they did.
You make it sound as though Hot Toys had to choose between making the head too small or the helmet too big; problem is, Hot Toys made both the head and the helmet too small. The head isn't too small because the helmet would have otherwise been oversized; the head's too small because the helmet's also too small.

I for one am happy the heads are smaller that the ones in the movie.
I think on a static figure, the large heads would look little daft.

I'm sure if the movie could've had smaller head it would've done. It simply couldn't die to human anatomy.

I for one am happy the heads are smaller that the ones in the movie.
I think on a static figure, the large heads would look little daft.

I'm sure if the movie could've had smaller head it would've done. It simply couldn't die to human anatomy.

following this rule .... all the figures we could change our taste ...
the child predator is large heads. like it or not.
and the figure must be too big head

i agree with spanbauer:wink1:

If this were a human figure the likeness would look like a totally different person ..but since this is an a monstrous character thats only design reference is from 1 movie ..i will let hot toys away with this one..and especially since they actually made him cooler looking imo.

It still looks like a Super Predator. It still looks great. And by now, I'm used to HT pissing on Alien and Predator accuracy :lol. This is one of the better inaccurate ones. Just my opinion.

Which is such a shame as no dobt they could and should do better.

I really wish I would have stayed out of this section as I had never noticed the innaccuracies the HT Preds had untill people pointed them out. Now that I see them, it drives me nuts :gah::lol

If this were a human figure the likeness would look like a totally different person ..but since this is an a monstrous character thats only design reference is from 1 movie ..i will let hot toys away with this one..and especially since they actually made him cooler looking imo.

exactly, and also because HT's is basing this on reference material FOX sends them which we don't see. The mandibles are movable on the movie predator and can flare out and widen more than HT's chosen face pose....obviously.

2zi4lu8.jpg

This movie still just shows the mandibles more flared. I think HT's head looks pretty damn good. It just show the mandibles more flared...no biggie. Also the head is tilted back more in the movie still.

Back