Hot Toys - MMS130 - Predators: Berserker Predator (Full Spec & Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine last night MISB, for about $190. There are no signs of the the box and its seal being tampered with, but I'm disappointed at how the pleather straps were made. They were melting from their glue points and have fallen off upon the lightest touch. I thought it would've been better if HT made them rubber instead, such as in the Classic Pred.

It went back to the box, and have already found a thin genuine black leather I could cut and use to replace ALL straps when I get the time to do so. It was a tough choice between him and City Hunter pred. I thought of getting this first as it's getting more difficult to find and CH pred's being sold at a bargain here for the lack of interest from collectors, and at least I'm glad that the paint apps and the LED are fine and working.

Got mine last night MISB, for about $190. There are no signs of the the box and its seal being tampered with, but I'm disappointed at how the pleather straps were made. They were melting from their glue points and have fallen off upon the lightest touch. I thought it would've been better if HT made them rubber instead, such as in the Classic Pred.

It went back to the box, and have already found a thin genuine black leather I could cut and use to replace ALL straps when I get the time to do so. It was a tough choice between him and City Hunter pred. I thought of getting this first as it's getting more difficult to find and CH pred's being sold at a bargain here for the lack of interest from collectors, and at least I'm glad that the paint apps and the LED are fine and working.

Same goes to my Berserker figure. The straps all fell out... Sigh... which way do u recommend for me to stick it back? Using double-sided tape or strong glue?

Same goes to my Berserker figure. The straps all fell out... Sigh... which way do u recommend for me to stick it back? Using double-sided tape or strong glue?

ey buddy, I guess it's a common problem with this figure. The pleather used for the straps is different from the pleather on his shoulder and loincloth, and the straps are just of poor quality. I'm still figuring out what to use and how to fix it. Mine's back in the box at the moment.

ey buddy, I guess it's a common problem with this figure. The pleather used for the straps is different from the pleather on his shoulder and loincloth, and the straps are just of poor quality. I'm still figuring out what to use and how to fix it. Mine's back in the box at the moment.

I use thick double-sided tapes. Its not perfect, but close. At least all tapes are now join to the body armor and won't fall out. One more thing that I figure out, my Berserker seems difficult to stand straight without using the display stand. Is that common too?

I had that problem with Falconer so I used different straps I had lying around. It was a pain glueing them though.

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk 2

wow, I am so glad I got rid of mine before. Sounds like a nightmare to deal with...

Hot Toys, yet again using cheap crap for their expensive figures :gah:

wow, I am so glad I got rid of mine before. Sounds like a nightmare to deal with...

Hot Toys, yet again using cheap crap for their expensive figures :gah:

Yeah... almost every figure has some problem... so far I got 2, Classic and Berserker... Classic has loose head... Berserker has fallen straps... At first, thinking of get the NEW Scar.... But seeing these problems, I think I will skip it... No point spending few hundred bucks on "spoilt" figure.

Ey guys, thanks for the suggestions and sharing what you've done to fix your straps problem on your Berserkers.

HT really tries to gain maximum profit however which way they could, and among these ways, sadly, include using cheap glue and at times pleather of poor quality. Berserker's not the first figure I got where I had to glue parts fresh from the box (most recent were the magnets and lightsaber hilt hook on DX07 Luke's holsters and belt), but this is the first time that I had to do mods right away not for aesthetic reasons.

I found a genuine leather strap from an old hand bag. It was thin enough to cut with scissors, but almost twice as thick as the pleather straps that the figure came with.

I detached the original straps, and used them as templates to get exact length and width for each. It was easy, but I apologize for not taking pictures of the process.

The tricky part was gluing the new straps to the armor. The armor is made of material (PVC, I guess), that CA glue/superglue wont stick to. I resorted to using contact cement (Rugby brand) -- which is also used for shoes. Using a small metal rod I applied the adhesive on both the armor and the straps, allowed them to set for 20 mins, then attached them altogether. Half an hour later and the straps were set on the armor in good strength! :clap

Sorry to make this post too lengthy. Here are some pictures of my Berserker Pred with genuine leather straps in the armor. I saved what's left of the bag strap so I could go back to doing the same for the gauntlet and the shin armors. They hold up well for now, so I thought I won;t fix what ain't broken.

Also added some teflon tape on the neck joint to make it tighter. :yess:

Ey guys, thanks for the suggestions and sharing what you've done to fix your straps problem on your Berserkers.

HT really tries to gain maximum profit however which way they could, and among these ways, sadly, include using cheap glue and at times pleather of poor quality. Berserker's not the first figure I got where I had to glue parts fresh from the box (most recent were the magnets and lightsaber hilt hook on DX07 Luke's holsters and belt), but this is the first time that I had to do mods right away not for aesthetic reasons.

I found a genuine leather strap from an old hand bag. It was thin enough to cut with scissors, but almost twice as thick as the pleather straps that the figure came with.

I detached the original straps, and used them as templates to get exact length and width for each. It was easy, but I apologize for not taking pictures of the process.

The tricky part was gluing the new straps to the armor. The armor is made of material (PVC, I guess), that CA glue/superglue wont stick to. I resorted to using contact cement (Rugby brand) -- which is also used for shoes. Using a small metal rod I applied the adhesive on both the armor and the straps, allowed them to set for 20 mins, then attached them altogether. Half an hour later and the straps were set on the armor in good strength! :clap

Sorry to make this post too lengthy. Here are some pictures of my Berserker Pred with genuine leather straps in the armor. I saved what's left of the bag strap so I could go back to doing the same for the gauntlet and the shin armors. They hold up well for now, so I thought I won;t fix what ain't broken.

Cool bro :) Well done!!

looks really good.

so... i was all into Winston predators until a conversation with dedguy who pointed me out that other predators are still predators.
so i decided to get all gangs from spin-off movies, beginning with rodrigators.
it will be funny to have different groups in the end - winston-style, avp-style and these.

Falconer_Berserker_Tracker_01_zpse639571a.jpg~original

and yes all necks are shortened.

-929206895.jpg

> > >

teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles.jpg

same sad head shrinking.

...there's also a samurai predator artistic concept

ninja-turtle-dog.jpg

Last edited:
Back