Hot Toys - MMS130 - Predators: Berserker Predator (Full Spec & Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't really see what the problem with his size is. In the movie they were referred to as the "bigger" ones but in the actual movie itself you couldn't really tell at all. You had to imagine Berserker being bigger than Classic during the battle because it wasn't obvious. However that being said, the Berserker figure is a BIG figure. Going by my own experience he makes the p1 look small and Wolf. And i thought Wolf made P1 look small.

spa4060.jpg

I think the Berserker/Classic promo picture being debunked in reality is the best thing that could of happened with the figure because it was greatly exaggerated to what we seen on-screen and also the figures would look stupid displayed side by side if they looked like they were figures from 2 different size ratios.

Obviously. What i'm saying is, it was a good enough movie to get the franchise going again. It was better than any Predator related film we've seen in the past..19 years. I would have loved if it had been better too.
i think after 2 decades since the original, after 3 mediocre sequels, we should get something much much better than this, especially with the talents involved both in front of and behind the camera. this is no better than the avp to me.

Adrian brody did it? could of sworn it was Royce. Last checked Adrian brody didn't play himself in the movie and Royce was pretty badass
hehe... it's a jest. brody is a great actor. he can pull off almost anything convincingly. i believed him from day 1 to go up against the preds. brody's not the problem. the 3 preds are.

they keep telling us that these new preds are real badasses - look at how elaborate the trap set by the dead ranger was. they have falcon and hounds at their disposal, they are hunting on home turf, they can capture the classic pred(always a lame idea when a sequel has to resort to doing that), and morpheus talked of them adapting and imroving every season, using different tactics every time. all these hype and advantages and what do the 3 preds have to show for it?

nothing.

they show no intelligence(very smart to leave the dog tracks right into your front door), no skill(yeah, just keep on shooting that laser, you might hit something.. eventually), no logic(you think berserker would move away from the fire that's disrupting his eyesight after brody hit him in the face the first time, but no... he just stand there like an idiot and let brody keeps on hitting his face for a dozen more times); they display no hunting tactic nor strategy, they walk slowly, got killed off easily - basically they're just your glorified halloween masked psycho of the week.

there are 3 preds, right? wouldnt it be nice to actually see the 3 of them work as a team to utilize some kind of tactic to corner and kill each victim? instead we got one pred doing his masked psycho bit, until he got killed off, then we got another pred doing the same bit, until he got killed off. yawn...

honestly... the 3 worst preds ever! even the pred in avp:r got more work done all by his lonesome.

Got my Berserker today! Along with Chris Taylor who I haven't opened yet.

I won't go into the same ol' $h!t, minds are made up on both sides of the debate.

At prototype stage people saw innaccuracies in the sculpt that they either had to come to terms with or not. Then at first in-hand pics stage we had something else unexpected to either come to terms with or not. Suffice it to say if you did accept these things then you've got a really cool figure on your hands - I've got here a really cool figure...so I guess I did, at least to some extent!

All I hope is in the future that Hot Toys be more careful about what they show off and to be realistic about what they can actually deliver. We can't be sure of the reasons he ended up smaller but some honesty about it would have been nice. Even if it was money-related I wouldn't have been pi$$ed off - they're a business, of course they're looking for profit and maybe they needed a certain profit margin here after accepting a smaller margin on another figure like the excellent value T-1000 for example. I dunno, I'm no business expert.

Well anyway I do like the figure, fantastic quality. I'm in work now but I'm looking forward to seeing him alongside Royce and my other Predators. And he smells nice, I always forget about that new HT Predator smell! Its probably not healthy but I wish it would last forever.

It's always the same... they gets it and they loves it mon. :lol

0.jpg

It's always the same... they gets it and they loves it mon. :lol

0.jpg

:lol Hey this aint no "I done told you so!" My reaction to having the figure in hand is exactly what I myself always anticipated!

I do think all the fuss was worth making so that hopefully there won't be cause for this kind of fuss in the future.

i think after 2 decades since the original, after 3 mediocre sequels, we should get something much much better than this, especially with the talents involved both in front of and behind the camera. this is no better than the avp to me.

hehe... it's a jest. brody is a great actor. he can pull off almost anything convincingly. i believed him from day 1 to go up against the preds. brody's not the problem. the 3 preds are.

they keep telling us that these new preds are real badasses - look at how elaborate the trap set by the dead ranger was. they have falcon and hounds at their disposal, they are hunting on home turf, they can capture the classic pred(always a lame idea when a sequel has to resort to doing that), and morpheus talked of them adapting and imroving every season, using different tactics every time. all these hype and advantages and what do the 3 preds have to show for it?

nothing.

they show no intelligence(very smart to leave the dog tracks right into your front door), no skill(yeah, just keep on shooting that laser, you might hit something.. eventually), no logic(you think berserker would move away from the fire that's disrupting his eyesight after brody hit him in the face the first time, but no... he just stand there like an idiot and let brody keeps on hitting his face for a dozen more times); they display no hunting tactic nor strategy, they walk slowly, got killed off easily - basically they're just your glorified halloween masked psycho of the week.

there are 3 preds, right? wouldnt it be nice to actually see the 3 of them work as a team to utilize some kind of tactic to corner and kill each victim? instead we got one pred doing his masked psycho bit, until he got killed off, then we got another pred doing the same bit, until he got killed off. yawn...

honestly... the 3 worst preds ever! even the pred in avp:r got more work done all by his lonesome.

So, you liked Predators than:lol

When the hell is this thing finally hitting us sellers? Seems like it's taking a bit more time than other HT releases. Anybody got any info on Sideshow?

it's the movie berserker that i hate. the one that's coming to my home will get all the love he needs.

Got mine yesterday and i have to say its amazing. Only problem is the missus wont let me open him till christmas:(.The t800 that turned up with him that she didnt know about makes it a bit more bearable though is now on display in the detolf:yess:

Alotta lovin':1-1:

:lol

of course. and i'll round up everyone when he arrives to make him feel most welcomed. after that he has to play nice with the others though. cant push anyone off the shelf when i'm not looking or anything like that.

Got my Berserker today. He bottom leg strap is loose but o well. How do you put that plasma caster in? That hole is tight as hell and I dont want to break it. Nevermind its in there just not all the way, about 1/3 of the peg is sticking out so I can live with it. This figure is amazing. Its a true beast.

Last edited:
When the hell is this thing finally hitting us sellers? Seems like it's taking a bit more time than other HT releases. Anybody got any info on Sideshow?

Hay
I got the processing email from sideshow Monday and they start Wednesday so SS should be shipping end of the week.

Good Luck.

Got mine yesterday and i have to say its amazing. Only problem is the missus wont let me open him till christmas:(.The t800 that turned up with him that she didnt know about makes it a bit more bearable though is now on display in the detolf:yess:

:lol How did you sneak the T-800 past her?

I'm sitting here with my Berserker and I've got Chris Taylor still in his shipping box wondering if I'll save him for Christmas but to be honest, the temptation is too great. Hes getting opened as soon as I do my rounds of my subscribed threads here! No discipline whatsoever.

Back