Hot Toys - MMS130 - Predators: Berserker Predator (Full Spec & Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's NO WAY this is getting resculpt just for a future release.

What you see is what you're going to get.

If the release really will get pushed back for February though, would they still release the same figure? Because if that's the case, why not just release it now as planned, since it's obviously done and available in Asia?

Adding three months for no apparent reason after the first batch is out is a little... strange. Never seen HT do this. Usually, the only delays they do are before anything gets shipped.

Yes, all of the predator figures have flaws. But height is far from berserker's only flaw; as far as I'm concerned his height is actually movie accurate. It's his tiny head, short dreads and completely wrong head sculpt that bother me.

:lecture:goodpost::exactly: Though I've just excepted it and will enjoy this figure for what it is but IF (and that's a big if) HT does tweak the head/bio to be a little bigger and give him longer dreads, you won't see me complain.

There's NO WAY this is getting resculpt just for a future release.

What you see is what you're going to get.

Oh just let us whiners dream that HT will tweak the US version that way once it's out and nothing is changed you can tell us I told you so an rub it in our faces :lol

If the release really will get pushed back for February though, would they still release the same figure? Because if that's the case, why not just release it now as planned, since it's obviously done and available in Asia?

Adding three months for no apparent reason after the first batch is out is a little... strange. Never seen HT do this. Usually, the only delays they do are before anything gets shipped.

The US version of DX Bats was delayed for awhile wasn't it because they had to tweak the armor because of the leakage?

Because the figure takes time to reach the US by sea, it's always been that way.

Like Sabres said, there won't be any changes made to the figure at this stage. It's just another rumor...

:lecture:goodpost::exactly: Though I've just excepted it and will enjoy this figure for what it is but IF (and that's a big if) HT does tweak the head/bio to be a little bigger and give him longer dreads, you won't see me complain.

Oh just let us whiners dream that HT will tweak the US version that way once it's out and nothing is changed you can tell us I told you so an rub it in our faces :lol

Not going to happen, it's already on the way to the US by now.

Also, if you bought from china, its possible your orders will be delayed. If you notice on the bay, none of the mainland retailers have him yet, only those in Hong Kong. God there are way to many variables here.

Doesn't Hong Kong always have HT figures first? It has only been released for a couple of weeks, right?

If they do change things what will the people do who already have him?

I know I'll keep both of them.

Blade, you make a great point. I really don't think it is going to get delayed until Feb. because I don't think that HT is going to make any real changes to him.

Not going to happen, it's already on the way to the US by now.

Oh I'm not arguing with you but how do you know it's on the way to the US? Last I heard this has likely been delayed till Feb unless HT has come out and said otherwise. It would make no sense to send it out to US retailers now but not let them sell them for another 3 months.

Because the figure takes time to reach the US by sea, it's always been that way.

Like Sabres said, there won't be any changes made to the figure at this stage. It's just another rumor...

Well... if it isn't, I'd be surprised if it actually was delayed with no changes. It should take maybe a month for it to reach the US. A month and a half, tops. Three months is pretty huge, without any changes.

Also what Darth_Fatso said about DX Batman ;).

Doesn't Hong Kong always have HT figures first? It has only been released for a couple of weeks, right?

I know I'll keep both of them.

Blade, you make a great point. I really don't think it is going to get delayed until Feb. because I don't think that HT is going to make any real changes to him.

I'm not expecting any changes either. I wonder if perhaps the Feb release date is perhaps a computer error or something on SS site? If it has been delayed, I'm a little suprised no one has come out and said something yet.

Well... if it isn't, I'd be surprised if it actually was delayed with no changes. It should take maybe a month for it to reach the US. A month and a half, tops. Three months is pretty huge, without any changes.

Also what Darth_Fatso said about DX Batman ;).

It's just a rumor started here. Where else did it come from? It's not going to get remade will all of Hot toys other commitments. ;)

Because thats how they get to the US, by boat. 4-6 weeks I think. It comes out in China and then the US gets them about 6 weeks later, give or take.

Yes your right it take 4 to 6 weeks to reach the US from China, but that still doesn't explain why it would take 3 months for the US to send them out when they would allready have had them in stock for months. SS is the offcial distributor of HT stuff in the US isn't it? so lets say your right and the US shipment is allread on the way to the US, that means SS would get there shipment in by the first of next month. If infact this has been delayed till Feb, it would make no sense not to sell these right away especially during the holidays. Again of course assuming the Feb release date can be belived.

Hot toys releases a load of figs about a month early from their actual shop which mostly get sold on ebay. I know cos ive brought a few of them and had them in hand before everyone else. The main retailers get theirs months afterwards. SS will most probably have them in late december or early january. The same will go for retailers in the UK, even though they claim december atm im pretty sure its crap and it will end up being early january.

Remaking the figure would throw the production of other figures out. They aren't going to dump the entire shipment and start again. I think February has always been quoted as the estimated shipping date for the figure. It's not uncommon for Sideshow to get things in much earlier than they estimate. I think we might get it just before Christmas or mid January.

Hot toys releases a load of figs about a month early from their actual shop which mostly get sold on ebay. I know cos ive brought a few of them and had them in hand before everyone else. The main retailers get theirs months afterwards. SS will most probably have them in late december or early january. The same will go for retailers in the UK, even though they claim december atm im pretty sure its crap and it will end up being early january.

Indeed Asia get their stuff earlier and the US later but usually only about a month or so leater, not 3 months. According to the SS site, they have Berserker slated for Feb 2011. From what I've been told, SS is the official distributor of Hot Toys stuff in the US and they get their shipment of figures in first then after fullfilling their orders, send the rest of their shipments off the other retailer like BBTS and Corner Store etc (but don't quote me on that cause I'm just going on what I've was told and have read here). Most were expecting Berserker to hit the US in mid to late Dec especially after it was released in Asia just a week ago.

Remaking the figure would throw the production of other figures out. They aren't going to dump the entire shipment and start again. I think February has always been quoted as the estimated shipping date for the figure. It's not uncommon for Sideshow to get things in much earlier than they estimate. I think we might get it just before Christmas or mid January.

The estimated shipping date was Q4 2010.

Aye february sounds a bit weird i would have thought mid january at the latest. Maybe its all this messing about thats held up production and slowed things down. Maybe its something we dont know about who knows, but im sure if it was because they were tweaking the figure it would be later than february that any of us would even get it.

Aye february sounds a bit weird i would have thought mid january at the latest. Maybe its all this messing about thats held up production and slowed things down. Maybe its something we dont know about who knows, but im sure if it was because they were tweaking the figure it would be later than february that any of us would even get it.

The only other thing I can think of is perhaps they're adding a few more accessories though I can't imagine what since Berserker really didn't have anything. Perhaps a new base kinda like P1's? If not and no tweaks or anything is made different, I can't imagine why it would take till Feb to get it here in the States.

Back