Hot Toys - MMS125 Terminator 2: Judgment Day: 1/6 Scale T-1000 as Sarah Connor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You must've missed the CS reply pages back that they're not sure if they'll be getting any and can't, at this time, make any "guarantees" about the figure.
I did see that, but whatever the customer service person may say, I doubt seriously BBTS would put something up without having a pretty good idea that they would get some stock. How much stock is the bigger question, I think. I have dealt with them quite a bit, and they do sometimes list things they can't get ahold of. But it isn't very common.

This is one instance where I think the CS guy is playing things down.

Nah, they just totally blew it on this one. If they get any, it will be because they ordered one directly from Sideshow like the rest of us. Thats how CSC and other retailers get their SDCC items they sell. They have to do it the same way we do. So Sarah will probably be done the same way.

By the way was it your intention that I use the T-1000 avatar you made? You may have noticed I am now using it.

Yeah, I noticed. Not used to seeing you with an avatar, good to see you have one.

It's entirely up to you whether you want to use it or not. But yeah when we were throwing around that "multiple T-1000 camp/group/club" idea when we were hyped up I made those two avatars with the intention we'd all use a specific version since we're the "crazy" ones.

Cool to see you are using it. I could make a sig if you wanted but it would be no where near as nice as that Predator one. It would probably be like the one I threw together but with the reforming/healing split head and obviously, your name.

Oh and I missed the Toys2 preorder again today. I'll get the sideshow one hopefully. It's not like I'm really deserving or "worthy" seeing as though I only want the T-1000 doughnut head. :eek:

Shallow and undeserving I know but I really don't want that Sarah figure.

BBTS builds relationships with various companies to get exclusives sold through their site. They have even had site exclusive figures from Hasbro. I think it is quite conceivable that they could obtain an allotment of Sideshow figures like this one to sell. You think it is a coincidence that both BBTS and Toys2 listed those pre-orders on the same day?

But BBTS is now in a panic because they screwed up royally. We still haven't heard back from Toys2. So they could have too. Monkey see, monkey do. They are the real mystery here though. BBTS just Epic FAIL'd is all. Toys2 might know something though (and BBTS might have thought they did too).

We'll see, but like I said before, BBTS's track record is pretty good. They aren't some fly-by-night online retailer, but a major player that sells a lot of ____ and probably has some serious pull with retailers. They might have made a mistake in over-estimating the amount of stock, but I do suspect they will get some in. It doesn't follow their typical MO to list something they have very little to no chance of obtaining.

Folks here do seem to respect Toys2 more, and to put more stock in their getting this item (since they got SDCC exclusives before or whatever, I guess), but they listed this figure after BBTS, not the other way around. Seems to me BBTS got the word they could sell and so they listed it, but did so a bit hastily since they didn't communicate the amount of stock they would receive.

^^Ain't that the truth, though.

I'm curious to know the actual production run. Since it isn't restricted to the cons, they might well have upped the number produced.

That is my hope. When you've got a strict date they have to be ready by, you have it limit it. But if you've got more time now, and you can clearly see people are going nuts over this, then why not up the size? I'm hoping that is what HT/SS thought too. I sincerly hope everyone that wants one gets one.

This preorder will be the most exciting newsletter I've ever got from Sideshow so far. Man I hope I can get one at the retail price and not have to spend triple on evilBay.

Yeah, I noticed. Not used to seeing you with an avatar, good to see you have one.

It's entirely up to you whether you want to use it or not. But yeah when we were throwing around that "multiple T-1000 camp/group/club" idea when we were hyped up I made those two avatars with the intention we'd all use a specific version since we're the "crazy" ones.

Cool to see you are using it. I could make a sig if you wanted but it would be no where near as nice as that Predator one. It would probably be like the one I threw together but with the reforming/healing split head and obviously, your name.

Actually that'd be cool. Blade3327 created my current Predator sig as part of a sig-group he has going but it'd be cool to have a T-1000 one on standby. I'd keep the Predator one for another while and then change over to the T2 one to be consistent with the avatar.

Yeah its true I've not used avatars or sigs till recently - I've just been too lazy or otherwise occupied to learn how to create them and had to receive instruction on how to implement them. I don't have them on the other forums I'm on either. It surprises me that people have noticed but then again I know you do come to identify boardies with particular images. Take Buttmunch for example with his Harvey Dent avatar Or Thenammagazine with his new Jesse Ventura/Blaine theme.

Anyway thanks for the avatar and sure I would definitely use a T-1000 sig.

Oh and I missed the Toys2 preorder again today. I'll get the sideshow one hopefully. It's not like I'm really deserving or "worthy" seeing as though I only want the T-1000 doughnut head. :eek:

Shallow and undeserving I know but I really don't want that Sarah figure.

Shheeeeet, I feel bad if anything I said made you feel shallow and undeserving of getting in a T-1000/sarah order. I well could have as I've been very tense at the thoughts of missing out on this figure. Having gotten in with Toys2 I'm a bit less tense but some clarification from them would be nice. Good luck with Sideshow, hope you get it. I'm sure there'll be someone out there who wants the Sarah figure but has no use for the T-1000 head and thus doesn't mind that its missing from the package.

Funny thing is people will come up to me at SDCC and I don't recognize their board names, but if I saw their avatar, I'd probably know who 99% of the people were. Really is strange just how much we connect people to their avatars, even more so than their names. Especially when you get 'locked in' to one like I did. Now I just get to come up with ways to decorate Harvey :lol

Nam is still Red Hulk to me though since he had that for a while before Blaine :lol

And I thought the same thing about Red Hulk.

I know Nam gets on some people's nerves, but I actually like him. He posts the things most of us are only thinking. And being a Mod we just don't get to post like that, even if we want to at times :lol

Hes one of the characters of this board, like him or not. Distinctive individuals and opposing opinions keep it all interesting around here.

Shheeeeet, I feel bad if anything I said made you feel shallow and undeserving of getting in a T-1000/sarah order.

No you didn't say or do anything. The general consensus seems to be "BATTLE DAMAGED/STEEL MILL SARAH CONNOR, DO WANT, T-1000 HEAD NICE EXTRA" but for me that head is the only thing that appeals to me.

So yeah put me up against the guy that appreciates this exclusive for the figure and I'm not really "entitled" to it. I don't care though I want that head for my T-1000s.

Funny thing is people will come up to me at SDCC and I don't recognize their board names, but if I saw their avatar, I'd probably know who 99% of the people were. Really is strange just how much we connect people to their avatars, even more so than their names. Especially when you get 'locked in' to one like I did. Now I just get to come up with ways to decorate Harvey :lol

I think it's all in the handle name personally. Each person that participates on these message boards have a distinct personality that we all pick up on. Avatars and sigs don't mean a damn thing, the posts that we make however, do.

Back