Hot Toys MMS-xxx Lando Calrissian

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS-xxx Lando Calrissian Speculation

**** you HT.

1260710343244.jpg

Surely their not going to leave us hanging for a Lando until next year?!!

Best guess is HT have lots of figures at different stages of production. They pick and choose what they want to tease at shows. They also have the final say when it comes to decide what goes on PO and what doesn't.

Bespin Lando is still coming.

Why would they do a Leia like that if they weren't going to do Bespin Lando & Han ?

There's a possiblity they may decide to wait until Ep9 or lead up to Ep9 if BDW is indeed confirmed to be in it. HT may think it's better to ride that hype ?

Thirdly we've seen Crait Force Projection Luke at a very final proto level. Is he to be seen at SDCC on the first day ?? No. So they obviously have a lot in development or more to show later at SDCC or later in the year.

I'd bet good money we'll see Bespin Lando by the end of the year.

Bespin Lando is still coming.

Why would they do a Leia like that if they weren't going to do Bespin Lando & Han ?

There's a possiblity they may decide to wait until Ep9 or lead up to Ep9 if BDW is indeed confirmed to be in it. HT may think it's better to ride that hype ?

Thirdly we've seen Crait Force Projection Luke at a very final proto level. Is he to be seen at SDCC on the first day ?? No. So they obviously have a lot in development or more to show later at SDCC or later in the year.

I'd bet good money we'll see Bespin Lando by the end of the year.

smart man ;)

No offence but Lando has been supposedly made for years now. He should be here in young or old form.

No offence but Lando has been supposedly made for years now. He should be here in young or old form.

I never said Lando was made, only that he was in development... and he is, and will be made. Things change schedules get bumped, hiccups happen. We should all feel VERY lucky that HT is putting out such amazing SW figures with likenesses and features we could never dream of as kids, And behind is all Howard is a HUGE SW fan, so the great figures will come. Have some patience, put it all in perspective at how great a time it is to be a 1/6 SW collector!

If thats' directed at me I never said Lando was made, only that he was in development... and he is, and will be made. Things change schedules get bumped, hiccups happen. We should all feel VERY lucky that HT is putting out such amazing SW figures with likenesses and features we could never dream of as kids, And behind is all Howard is a HUGE SW fan, so the great figures will come. Have some patience, put it all in perspective at how great a time it is to be a 1/6 SW collector.

Agree with all of this.

Hot Toys OT Star Wars figures are a dream come true. I think people just want them all right now (my bank doesn't).

Of what has been revealed previously, I hope they release the Gonk, Death Star Trooper and Baze at some point. Tank Pilot too.

Thanks for clarification jack. Btw, is Death Star trooper doa or could he be on the horizon?

I never said Lando was made, only that he was in development... and he is, and will be made. Things change schedules get bumped, hiccups happen. We should all feel VERY lucky that HT is putting out such amazing SW figures with likenesses and features we could never dream of as kids, And behind is all Howard is a HUGE SW fan, so the great figures will come. Have some patience, put it all in perspective at how great a time it is to be a 1/6 SW collector!

Thanks, Jack!

So sad/angry (sangry?) Bespin Han isn't here yet. :monkey2 :mad:

Brad-Pitt-Cry.gif

I would love to know HT's analysis of psychology that has them deciding to put up Bespin Leia before Han Bespin for example.

Probably due to Carrie's passing. They probably figure that the sentimentality is there for her and her character.

I would love to know HT's analysis of psychology that has them deciding to put up Bespin Leia before Han Bespin for example.

Probably as a tease to all those expecting Lando and Han :) It certainly was a surprise, which I like. But the other reasons above also make a lot of sense. As always $$$$.

On a similar note, I also don't understand Hot Toys model of going to the extent of making and showing prototypes at events like this only to be not made at all. A lot of people get really annoyed at this approach after a while in the hobby. I'd say about 95% of people in the Vulture thread don't believe he'll be made at all.

Surely, for some of those figures with question marks on them, it would be more cost effective to ask the fans what they want from a select list and make it a bit more of a democratic process to gauge the most interest.

But sure I know it's not a democracy, it's Howards company to do what he wants. But I really think they could help themselves a bit in this area. If I was him I'd make an event out of it. A couple of "fan voted" figures per year.

.....rant end.

Yes, it's probably that.

But perhaps also they want to give the Solo Hans some room to sell. If Bespin Han was up for sale, the choice between OT and Solo would be obvious to most. But if there's no Bespin Han available, then maybe the Solo Han is a more viable option for now?

Who knows. But it does seem weird that there have been so many Lukes and now Leias, but only 2 OT Hans (one and a half, really). :mad:

Yes, it's probably that.

But perhaps also they want to give the Solo Hans some room to sell. If Bespin Han was up for sale, the choice between OT and Solo would be obvious to most. But if there's no Bespin Han available, then maybe the Solo Han is a more viable option for now?

Who knows. But it does seem weird that there have been so many Lukes and now Leias, but only 2 OT Hans (one and a half, really). :mad:

Yep that as well. So many reasons really when you think about it.

Hot Toys also probably doesn't want to shoot their entire load at SDCC. Sure it's important, but only for the things that are actual, and a few more new figures away from the main franchises. As always it's a patience game....

Back