Hot Toys MMS-xxx Lando Calrissian

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Such a major character taking so long for his debut. There’s probably more than 50 Hot Toys SW characters already out?

I was thinking some kind of high gloss white stand with some kind of fancy white bespin art nuevo wall behind him. Would look really cool if it connected with a 2nd section for Bespin Leia, since she won’t have much for accessories.

So I wonder if we'll see Bespin Lando before EpIX or just after ? They'll be riding on the hype of Billy Dee's appearance. Probably after I'm thinking. I'd release a couple of EpIX figures first, then follow with him once plenty of people have seen the film and are feeling nostalgic.

Maybe he bites it too in one last nostalgic/heroic deed ?

I’m actually hoping that this could be the year of Lando reveals. I’d be in for ESB, Solo, and IX to have young, mid and old!

This is long overdue. We need more ESB figures.
:exactly:

They have Celebration and May the 4th close together. Expect some OT/PT reveals around then.

Ugh - another few months away. Amazing that a HT Han Bespin has been firmly rumored (and "something" was shown alongside the Leia Besp reveal - unclear exactly what) for at least two years and still not even a preview.

The long lead-time/timeline on these figures can be so frustrating, but BDW in EpIX is finally the thing that will land an ESB Lando into the HT 1/6 world, and you can't do a ESB Lando with out a Han Bespin at the same time.:yess:

:exactly:

Ugh - another few months away. Amazing that a HT Han Bespin has been firmly rumored (and "something" was shown alongside the Leia Besp reveal - unclear exactly what) for at least two years and still not even a preview.

The long lead-time/timeline on these figures can be so frustrating, but BDW in EpIX is finally the thing that will land an ESB Lando into the HT 1/6 world, and you can't do a ESB Lando with out a Han Bespin at the same time.:yess:

That's when rumors aren't all that helpful. It's not like we wouldn't figure that Hot Toys would make it, but it would have only been when the Bespin Leia pics were shown that it would have been expected.

That's when rumors aren't all that helpful. It's not like we wouldn't figure that Hot Toys would make it, but it would have only been when the Bespin Leia pics were shown that it would have been expected.

I always assumed jackbauer on here was tight with Howard or Bob Iger.:dunno:lol

Rumors are almost meaningless when it comes to getting a specific figure in a timely fashion. Sometimes complete prototypes take ages to arrive and often are not made at all. Pre-orders have become end all be all.

Rumors are almost meaningless when it comes to getting a specific figure in a timely fashion. Sometimes complete prototypes take ages to arrive and often are not made at all. Pre-orders have become end all be all.

You made me think of the HT DS Trooper and now I'm depressed again.:(:gah::lol

I'd bet good money that he was planned around the time that Leia was shown. Then HT probably got info that Billy Dee was going to be worked into Ep9, so HT put him on hold until hype for Lando is high.

That's what I'd be doing if I were HT. He's probably all but done. Just ready to show when the time is right.

You made me think of the HT DS Trooper and now I'm depressed again.:(:gah::lol

Same. Like many others I need him badly to complete the 12 back, but also to go along with imperials like Tarkin and Krennic. The console prop would also be very useful. I would buy at least 2 and maybe 3 DS Troopers. :gah:

I'd bet good money that he was planned around the time that Leia was shown. Then HT probably got info that Billy Dee was going to be worked into Ep9, so HT put him on hold until hype for Lando is high.

That's what I'd be doing if I were HT. He's probably all but done. Just ready to show when the time is right.

He would have been smart around the time of Hoth Leia as well, but Bespin Leia probably needs more help to sell, but still weird that they put her out alone with nothing else. Logical move would have been Bespin version with Lando and Bespin Han, and Hoth version with the eventual Hoth Luke and Han figures.

Same. Like many others I need him badly to complete the 12 back, but also to go along with imperials like Tarkin and Krennic. The console prop would also be very useful. I would buy at least 2 and maybe 3 DS Troopers. :gah:

Yeah I want that figure and the console as well.

Yeah I want that figure and the console as well.

The consoles were so prominent in Solo in connection with DS Troopers (especially in the cut scene where Han is taken before the Imperial review board) - I really wonder if they had planned that figure as part of the Solo line of figs, then pulled back when the movie underperformed. You'd think they'd know the fig has major OT cache also, but maybe not.

Next year is the 40th anniversary of the theatrical release of The Empire Strikes Back. It will be the marketing push for 2020 with the ST wrapping up at the end of this year. I'd not only expect Han Bespin and Lando, but Han and Luke Hoth. I think a Leia Bespin Escape as a SDCC exclusive would also fit Hot Toys' M.O. when it comes to event exclusive figures. Should be a good year for ESB figures.

Back