Hot Toys - MMS - X-MEN First Class - Professor X (Charles Xavier)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not interested in this figure anyways. James McAvoy almost ruined that movie. Talk about overacting. Fassbender was awesome though.

FirstClass_Magneto.jpg

Not interested in this figure anyways. James McAvoy almost ruined that movie. Talk about overacting. Fassbender was awesome though.

I disagree completely. I thought he was fantastic. I'm a fan from the John Byrne era through Jim Lee, and even though there was some artistic license with the character (both in the script and the acting) I thought it was a great interpretation and a hoot to watch. Thumbs way up for me for McAvoy!

And of course Fassbender was great too and their relationship was what made the movie so enjoyable for me.

When I was telling my friends to see the movie, I would always lead with how good I thought McAvoy and his portrayal of Xavier was. Maybe because he was more of a pleasant surprise for me. Of course you expect for Fassbender and Magneto to be awesome. But I wasn't expecting Xavier to be so awesome in his own way.

Maybe they're waiting to finish Magneto and officially announce him before putting Xavier up for pre-sale? You know, to drum up interest again? :dunno

Thinking of Magneto. Maybe they can't do him. We all assumed they would and his likeness would be included with the license, but they've taken forever with no indication of making him not only on this license but on Prometheus as well. With that they've only show development of shaw, not David

Interesting point. But don't the NECA figures (or whatever those are) have a David figure in the works? I think once the actors sign away likeness rights, it's for everything and anything.

Maybe the Fassbender love does not extend to the Asian markets?

I think once the actors sign away likeness rights, it's for everything and anything.

Hot Toys must have realized that Fassbender's image can not be rendered in physical form.

No vision or graven image can possibly grasp him.:cool::wink1:

Interesting point. But don't the NECA figures (or whatever those are) have a David figure in the works? I think once the actors sign away likeness rights, it's for everything and anything.

Unfortunately no, the likeness rights can be a bit complex. Sometimes ppl think b/c a company has the rights to the movie that they have the rights to the actor as well. Bale didn't give his rights to be used on the terminator Salvation kids toys but he gave them for the HT figures. Depp didn't give his rights for Edward Scissorhands but HT had the movie rights so they still made one but w/o Depp's likeness (though HT has now managed to get his likeness rights for all his movies). So it really depends on the actor.

best part of the film for me is when (paraphrasing) "eric said the real enemy is out there charles". and threw the missles back.

I added Xavier, lizard, chitauri and Golden age Cap to a FB poll of who we want for sdcc exclusive and they are getting very little. Everything Iron man is crushing them.

I think the majority of HT customers are in Asia. And Batman and Iron Man are tremendously more popular. And that's why they go so overboard with making figures from those 2 franchises

I added Xavier, lizard, chitauri and Golden age Cap to a FB poll of who we want for sdcc exclusive and they are getting very little. Everything Iron man is crushing them.

I think the majority of HT customers are in Asia. And Batman and Iron Man are tremendously more popular. And that's why they go so overboard with making figures from those 2 franchises

Or its the fact you don't quite get what a con exclusive figure is supposed to be :lol

Ehh.... HT didn't jump when the iron was hot (back when they first announced the line and the movie was in theaters), not to mention the arguably more wanted XFC character (Magneto) isn't anywhere in sight and hasn't even gotten a mention as a possiblity.

Back