Hot Toys - MMS: X-Men 1st Class (License Discussion)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys-MMS: X-Men 1st Class

^ let us have hope for a little bit Mike, i don't expect every character, but they'll cover the main guys then hopefully add at least two more to the line up, Beast at least.

Mystique or Emma would make a good female addition which they don't do enough of.

This is the only good news from HT for me at least for a while, i want to savour it.

We're definitely getting Prof. X and this guy:

Riptide_X-Men_First_Class1.jpg

^ let us have hope for a little bit Mike, i don't expect every character, but they'll cover the main guys then hopefully add at least two more to the line up, Beast at least.

Mystique or Emma would make a good female addition which they don't do enough of.

This is the only good news from HT for me at least for a while, i want to savour it.

Sorry. I'm just trying to be realistic. A few pages back, most thought first class was scrapped.

is great news. 2 is 2 more than we were expecting.

Sorry. I'm just trying to be realistic. A few pages back, most thought first class was scrapped.

is great news. 2 is 2 more than we were expecting.
To my knowledge, Hot Toys has never announced a license that it has not delivered on at some level. Nor has it announced a figure it has not delivered on, though we have seen prototypes that never came to be, and various lines that never got completely finished to some folks' satisfaction.

At the news they are still making figures, this is how i feel...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShABUGCMAeA&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShABUGCMAeA&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

_____

i think there are certain characters that'd make for great figures and others that just won't.

Will work (important or unique characters):
Magneto
Xavier
Beast
Azazel
Mystique
Emma Frost

Could work but aren't as key or unique enough:
Shaw
Havok
Banshee

Definitely won't:
Riptide
Angel girl
Darwin

I'd be satisfied (as a huge X:FC fan) with the first group, Magneto, Xavier and Beast or Azazel at least :pray:

We're most likely only going to get a Mag/Charles These aren't near as demanded as BM and TA figs. No way there making 6 XM FC figs.

Can't wait to have the two leaders on the shelves though.

I'd take a Beast over all other characters. The design of the character would by far make the best figure, IMO. But I woulmd venture to say we'll be getting Charles and Eric.

It still amazes me they made no one from the 1st 3 films and only Wolverine out of the first 4. DOZENS of characters would have made great figures.

It still amazes me they made no one from the 1st 3 films and only Wolverine out of the first 4. DOZENS of characters would have made great figures.

:exactly: Honesty I'd prefer the unique selections of mutants from all the x-men related films than rehash of Avengers (excluding Hulk)

Well, there are supposed to be more X:FC movies in the future... So maybe if they rise in popularity (X:FC didn't do as well at the box office as it should have due to the negative criticism of the previous two X-men movies), we'll see some more characters then? It sounds like the main cast isn't going anywhere in the next movie, as only one new character is rumoured to be introduced.

But! The more I think about it, the more excited I get about possibly getting Charles. I was kind of all "meh" and lost in my own projects, but now that I had a day to think, I think I'm still definitely up for the pre-order! I know I will kick myself if I don't get him once I see the next movie.... Hopefully I'll have some money left over from my new job and commissions after I purchase all of the parts I need to make my girl.

:exactly: Honesty I'd prefer the unique selections of mutants from all the x-men related films than rehash of Avengers (excluding Hulk)

Hulk is the most wanted Avengers figure by far. I think there are alot of people who are gonna buy the others just for the "team setup" despite if they actually like them or not, kinda like Pokemon "gotta collect 'em all"

To my knowledge, Hot Toys has never announced a license that it has not delivered on at some level. Nor has it announced a figure it has not delivered on, though we have seen prototypes that never came to be, and various lines that never got completely finished to some folks' satisfaction.

Smooth Criminal and Green Lantern

Hulk is the most wanted Avengers figure by far. I think there are alot of people who are gonna buy the others just for the "team setup" despite if they actually like them or not, kinda like Pokemon "gotta collect 'em all"

True. I have no desire to own em all........

Smooth Criminal and Green Lantern

Smooth Criminal isn't a new license but a continuance of the original Michael Jackson line and Green Lantern as was pointed out was announced after this so I wouldn't give up hope on that yet.

We're most likely only going to get a Mag/Charles These aren't near as demanded as BM and TA figs. No way there making 6 XM FC figs.

I wouldn't write anything off just yet. You think HT said "Hey those Predators movies didn't make ____ at the box office, let's make 15 of them!" or "I'm sure people will want multicolored Iron Men!" It's all based on sales. If these two sell out there isn't a doubt in my mind that HT would continue with the line as they would have done for Watchmen or 300 or any of the other lines that only got one or two.

Making all of The Avengers is a big gamble as they are planning on having folks go "all in" where Cap is still easily available and Thor took forever to move. Black Widow wasn't all that difficult to get for a long while and you can't count the secondary markets as HT receives no part of that pie (which is why they are all of a sudden trying to re-release to try and capture some of that). I have a feeling if the spacing isn't right you'll be able to get more than half The Avengers team probably below retail especially if they are all priced the same.

Back